How ignorant people are of the facts of covid? It's not the bubonic plague

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: How ignorant people are of the facts of covid? It's not the bubonic plague

Post by yick »

Cornfed wrote:
December 30th, 2020, 7:34 pm
yick wrote:
December 30th, 2020, 7:30 pm
Well, no, because all people had to do was the f***ing lockdown like they did here in China and guess what? We're back to normal.
But covid will be back as with any seasonal virus and in any case there will always be other kinds of colds and flu going round. They are just a fact of human life in most places. The reason China is back to normal is that they have decided to stop being silly and accept this, which they could have done at any time.
You mean like now? The country isn't back on full lockdown because people here take preventive measures. Temperatures still being took, people still wearing masks, screening at train stations and airports.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

mattyman
Junior Poster

Post by mattyman »

I'm not denying covid isn't a risk to myself or my family.

Has this lockdown regime EVER been used for ANY pandemic in history on a WORLWIDE scale? The answer is NO.

There does seem to be a fanaticism of 'shut-down society=only way to slow down spread, slow rate of hospital admissions. There's better ways; knowing who the clinically-vunerable segments are, having targetted measures in place. We know that the biggest casualties of the covid pandemic are;
    • people in care homes
    • older working people who didn't have the option of working from home
    • people living in multi-generation households
    There are ways to prevent these people catching the disease that doesn't involve violating basic freedoms and human rights. A bit of imagination is all that's necessary.
    fschmidt
    Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

mattyman wrote:
    December 30th, 2020, 7:36 pm
    Has this lockdown regime EVER been used for ANY pandemic in history on a WORLWIDE scale? The answer is NO.
    Of course not, because humanity has never been this stupid. Why do you keep talking about Covid when the real issue is human stupidity?
    Cornfed
    Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

yick wrote:
    December 30th, 2020, 7:35 pm
    Cornfed wrote:
    December 30th, 2020, 7:34 pm
    yick wrote:
    December 30th, 2020, 7:30 pm
    Well, no, because all people had to do was the f***ing lockdown like they did here in China and guess what? We're back to normal.
    But covid will be back as with any seasonal virus and in any case there will always be other kinds of colds and flu going round. They are just a fact of human life in most places. The reason China is back to normal is that they have decided to stop being silly and accept this, which they could have done at any time.
    You mean like now? The country isn't back on full lockdown because people here take preventive measures. Temperatures still being took, people still wearing masks, screening at train stations and airports.
    Yeah, well they should stop being silly and stop doing that. If people catch could, which they will no matter what, that is just a normal part of life.
    yick
    Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

mattyman wrote:
    December 30th, 2020, 7:36 pm
      I'm not denying covid isn't a risk to myself or my family.

There does seem to be a fanaticism of 'shut-down society=only way to slow down spread, slow rate of hospital admissions. There's better ways; knowing who the clinically-vunerable segments are, having targetted measures in place. We know that the biggest casualties of the covid pandemic are;
      • people in care homes
      • older working people who didn't have the option of working from home
      • people living in multi-generation households
      There are ways to prevent these people catching the disease that doesn't involve violating basic freedoms and human rights. A bit of imagination is all that's necessary.
      Well, the world has changed a lot in the twenty years which is why there hasn't been this response, it is just how simple it is. We have only recently have had mass global travel with cheap airfare - where Chinese people can travel wherever they want for a few hundred quid - so something contagious in Wuhan can end up in Warrington very very easily this is how it was spread in the first place - it didn't start in Weymouth or wherever you are from - the reason it started because once people started getting the virus in China, they were allowed to travel - the problem has been that we shut the door too late but once people in the UK started spreading it amongst each other - then there has only been one solution.

We all know who the 'clinically vulnerable' are but if the ones who are spreading it aren't quarantined - what's the point? It will still spread until we have a vaccine (which we have now and the children can stop their sulking...)

So, I'll ask you a question - if we stopped flights from China AS SOON AS we knew about this virus? Would that have been a really good stratergy to halt the pandemic that has enveloped the UK?
      mattyman
      Junior Poster

Post by mattyman »

RE
      So, I'll ask you a question - if we stopped flights from China AS SOON AS we knew about this virus? Would that have been a really good stratergy to halt the pandemic that has enveloped the UK?
      It won't make much difference, it would only delay the inevitable. The best that can be done is prevent the clinically-vulnerable from catching it and thus the risk of people getting severely ill (remember 'flatten the curve'). I've already explained the risk of severe illness and death for people under 65.

As for New Zealad with a 'zero covid' strategy, yes, they may have caught it early BUT, it will inevitably come back and run it's course.
      yick
      Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

mattyman wrote:
      December 30th, 2020, 7:48 pm
      RE
      It won't make much difference, it would only delay the inevitable. The best that can be done is prevent the clinically-vulnerable from catching it and thus the risk of people getting severely ill (remember 'flatten the curve'). I've already explained the risk of severe illness and death for people under 65.

As for New Zealad with a 'zero covid' strategy, yes, they may have caught it early BUT, it will inevitably come back and run it's course.
      Course it would have done you FOOL - you could have contained the virus right there where it came from which is what the Chinese actually did - they sealed off Wuhan and why - because SPREADERS actually SPREAD the virus - it isn't hard is it?

You're playing catch up with the Chinese because you can't do what they did successfully.
      mattyman
      Junior Poster

Post by mattyman »

@ yick; do you personally know anyone who's had severe illness (been hospitalised) or died from covid?
      yick
      Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

mattyman wrote:
      December 30th, 2020, 7:57 pm
      @ yick; do you personally know anyone who's had severe illness (been hospitalised) or died from covid?
      I do - because they wouldn't stop going to the f***ing bingo and the pub.

If they had quarantined - that wouldn't have happened.
      mattyman
      Junior Poster

Post by mattyman »

@ yick; Fill me in by PM.
      yick
      Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

mattyman wrote:
      December 30th, 2020, 8:03 pm
      @ yick; Fill me in by PM.
      No. I am absolutely not interested in being your pen pal. Do yourself and our country a favour and take the vaccine when it becomes your turn.
      mattyman
      Junior Poster

Post by mattyman »

Why are you so fannatical about these measures that have never been done before? The only conclusion I can come to is that a) the title of the post rubbed you the wrong way and b) you must be drunk at the time of posting.
      yick
      Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

mattyman wrote:
      December 30th, 2020, 8:15 pm
      Why are you so fannatical about these measures that have never been done before?

They have, in China.
      The only conclusion I can come to is that a) the title of the post rubbed you the wrong way and b) you must be drunk at the time of posting.
      I am in China, sober, don't drink and I have a job, you are up at 4 am, drunk/stoned and don't have a job - let's not swap lives. :D
      mattyman
      Junior Poster

Post by mattyman »

Could you fill-in the forum about your experiences and give light about your experiences with covid 19? I think people would be willing to hear it & share theirs if they'y've had similar.
      yick
      Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

mattyman wrote:
      December 30th, 2020, 8:23 pm
      Could you fill-in the forum about your experiences and give light about your experiences with covid 19? I think people would be willing to hear it & share theirs if they'y've had similar.
      No, because this forum is 'happier abroad' not about your daft conspiracies of what might work in a pandemic.

I tell you what, I will if you can tell me your qualifications regards virology and pandemics.