Having issues with WhatsApp on my iPhone 11.

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
andywilson6
Freshman Poster

Having issues with WhatsApp on my iPhone 11.

Post by andywilson6 »

So I have a old iPhone, but it still works and I have no need to really replace it, although I have ran into an issue now with WhatsApp and iCloud currently.

So whatsapp does it's updates quite frequently, such is this case right now, except the AppStore doesn't show any updates, yet I keep recieving messages that it needs updating in 2 days.

So searching around on the interwebs, people said try a hard reset or manually searching etc, but none of them seem to work, I'm still stuck with the messages and the older version of WhatsApp. Another suggestions was to remove WhatsApp and reinstall it, which seems fine except I want to keep my chats that I currently have. So my option was to make a Reserve Copy of the chats, except here is the problem

The build in Reserve copy system of WhatsApp is stuck at 0% for a long time now, my iCloud is set up properly, have 5Gig of space remaining, yet it stays stuck at 0%, it won't upload.

I checked my WiFi, even changed it, tried without WiFi, checked iCloud on my computer to see if I could log-in, no problem there. Even made a whole new iCloud account and see if that one works. To no avail.

So now I'm here stuck with an older WhatsApp version that needs updating in a few days, but the AppStore doesn't show anything at all, I can remove WhatsApp, but I do want to keep my chats and the Reserve Copy is stuck at 0% and not giving me any errors at all.

Like mentioned my iOs is also quite old for the phone, it's version 7.1.2, but so far I had no issues at all with my Phone nor my iOs except now.

Did anyone else had this problem before or know of another solution. I also tried this YOWhatsApp Apk to backup WhatsApp but I'm not sure if it fully backups all the chats and how easy it is to restore everything after I remove WhatsApp and reinstall it through the app store.

Any help is appreciated!