Chicago, IL is NOT a good place to live and NOT a good place to visit, either.

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
traveller
Junior Poster

Re: Chicago, IL is NOT a good place to live and NOT a good place to visit, either.

Post by traveller »

WisconsinMan82 wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 4:32 pm
traveller wrote:
August 30th, 2020, 2:34 pm
-snip-
I used to post on City-Data. Toxic clique mentality, and the "reputation" feature is too often just a "good ol' boys" kind of thing where the same certain clique just keeps repping each other back and forth and other people with lower rep counts are made to feel bad about themselves. Moderation is laughably inconsistent and authoritarian; I got warned once just for explaining why someone got banned (because that's "discussing moderator actions hurr durr"). Quite a few long-term trolls also get to continue "contributing" to the site without consequence because their opinions are pretty much approved by the cabal of moderators. There are some good/funny/interesting threads in various places on that site, but overall it got to be too much of a big frustrating mess for me to handle so I stopped posting there.
The city-data forum is worse than toxic clique mentality, it's downright totalitarian dictatorship mentality. It's Kim Il-Sung/Kim Jong-Il/Kim Jong-Un mentality, Juche mentality, it's totally anti-First Amendment. And especially with that forum operating from a nation (North Korea) that is a known totalitarian dictatorship, it's no surprise they ban anyone they feel like. Also, posting on the city-data forum that Illinois and especially Chicagoland women are unapproachable and should be left alone will get you banned from that forum so fast your head will spin. To them, it is even like setting fire to the embalmed bodies of Kim Il-Sung and Kim Jong-Il; yes, even like a firebombing attack on Kim Jong-Il's funeral.
Last edited by traveller on September 3rd, 2020, 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Chicago, IL is NOT a good place to live and NOT a good place to visit, either.

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

WisconsinMan82 wrote:
traveller wrote:
-snip-
I used to post on City-Data. Toxic clique mentality, and the "reputation" feature is too often just a "good ol' boys" kind of thing where the same certain clique just keeps repping each other back and forth and other people with lower rep counts are made to feel bad about themselves. Moderation is laughably inconsistent and authoritarian; I got warned once just for explaining why someone got banned (because that's "discussing moderator actions hurr durr"). Quite a few long-term trolls also get to continue "contributing" to the site without consequence because their opinions are pretty much approved by the cabal of moderators. There are some good/funny/interesting threads in various places on that site, but overall it got to be too much of a big frustrating mess for me to handle so I stopped posting there.
You pretty much nailed it so much so that I have nada to say. Your thoughts had mirrored my experiences & sentiments to the nine's when it comes to C-D.
traveller
Junior Poster

Post by traveller »

CannedHam wrote:
August 30th, 2020, 9:19 am

Police are under restraint orders and are basically forced to stand by and watch the destruction. Unions and democrats have the city government by the balls - look at what happened with the teacher's union strike last year. Crime continues to spiral out of control - even rich "safe" areas get hit by random bursts of violent crime. Taxes continue going up and you get hit on every possible side - state income taxes, sales taxes, property taxes, gas taxes, taxes on shit like soda and bottled water, and it's never enough - the city is still broke, deep in debt, and has liabilities like pensions it probably can't even pay 20% of.
In Illinois, Republicans and Democrats are but two wings of the same bird. Neither party is even in control of Illinois anymore; Illinois is run by none other than lifelong bureaucracies and bossey bureaucrats.
WisconsinMan82
Freshman Poster

Post by WisconsinMan82 »

traveller wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 7:05 pm
WisconsinMan82 wrote:
traveller wrote:
-snip-
The city-data forum is worse than toxic clique mentality, it's downright totalitarian dictatorship mentality. It's Kim Il-Sung/Kim Jong-Il/Kim Jong-Un mentality, Juche mentality, it's totally anti-First Amendment. And especially with that forum operating from a nation (North Korea) that is a known totalitarian dictatorship, it's no surprise they ban anyone they feel like. Also, posting on the city-data forum that Illinois and especially Chicagoland women are unapproachable and should be left alone will get you banned from that forum so fast your head will spin. To them, it is even like setting fire to the embalmed bodies of Kim Il-Sung and Kim Jong-Il; yes, even like a firebombing attack on Kim Jong-Il's funeral.
That site's actually based in North Korea? That's a little scary. I thought it was American.
5/13/2024
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

I cannot even keep an account on there, and whenever they ban me, they deem me as "banned forever; troll" I sh!t you not!
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Before the corona virus shutdown and the riots started this year, Chicago and Illinois had people leaving in droves. Now, after the rioting and looting and the loss of revenue due to the covid 19 shutdowns, the city and state are seeing absolute massive amounts of people leaving.

They are already saying taxes in Chicago and Illinois will go up next year for both property taxes, gasoline taxes, state income tax and local sales tax as well.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
traveller
Junior Poster

Post by traveller »

WisconsinMan82 wrote:
September 6th, 2020, 4:33 am
traveller wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 7:05 pm
WisconsinMan82 wrote:
traveller wrote:
-snip-
That site's actually based in North Korea? That's a little scary. I thought it was American.
Yes. The city-data forum is based in North Korea. Pyongyang, to be exact.