Would You Get the Covid-19 Vaccine?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Would You Get the Covid-19 Vaccine?

Poll ended at April 18th, 2021, 7:14 pm

Yes
40%
Undecided
12%
No
48%

Total votes: 42
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Would You Get the Covid-19 Vaccine?

Post by gsjackson »

Cornfed wrote:
November 9th, 2021, 10:25 am
Yohan wrote:
November 9th, 2021, 10:06 am
Covid-19 - and this is a major very serious difference if compared with a seasonal flu - has often long-term aftereffects in many patients and can attack various important organs for months.
The flu has been known to do this. There is nothing new here.
There's been an effort to depict loss of taste and smell as something new, and a clear indicator of covid. Pure hokum. I lost most of my sense of smell and taste to the flu five years ago, and didn't get it back for over a year. It was kind of bizarre. I could smell my own shit and urine, but they had a completely different odor than before. This was quite concerning, of course, so I researched it and found it to be a not uncommon side effect of flu. Some people never get it back.

I don't know for a fact, but I think there was probably some sort of bioweapon at large for a couple months in 2020. It led to a blood disease that often involved leaking into the lungs and severe breathing problems. But at least since early summer 2020 it's been obvious that the flu, pneumonia, any type of respiratory illness, any type of malady at all was to be chalked up as covid to keep the scamdemic going. The bogus PCR test served as a foundation for the fraud.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Yohan wrote:
November 9th, 2021, 10:06 am
Yes and no... depends on the patient.

There are differences, covid-19 and seasonal flu are two different diseases.

Covid-19 - and this is a major very serious difference if compared with a seasonal flu - has often long-term aftereffects in many patients and can attack various important organs for months.

In case a covid-19 patient is also infected - even later on after recovery of covid-19 but still suffering of aftereffects - with seasonal flu or pneumonia, this might become a life threatening condition.

Even if a person is unwilling to accept covid-19 vaccination, he should at least accept seasonal flu and pneumonia vaccination which exist since years and which are not disputed with some strange 'conspiracy stories'.
Don't want to repeat what @Cornfed and @gsjackson wrote but, it's true, some strains of common flu (some of which are legit Coronaviruses) are worse than others and will bring about complications to the lungs, heart, muscles and even the brain, that can last for months or even be irreversible.

The good thing is that these severe flus are somewhat harder to catch. I usually get common cold 2 or 3 times a year, with very mild symptoms that go away after 3 or 4 days with paracetamol and ibuprofen. The last time I had something that looked like a proper flu I was a child, it must have been more than 35 years ago.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

publicduende wrote:
November 9th, 2021, 7:03 pm
Don't want to repeat what @Cornfed and @gsjackson wrote but, it's true, some strains of common flu (some of which are legit Coronaviruses) are worse than others and will bring about complications to the lungs, heart, muscles and even the brain, that can last for months or even be irreversible.

The good thing is that these severe flus are somewhat harder to catch. I usually get common cold 2 or 3 times a year, with very mild symptoms that go away after 3 or 4 days with paracetamol and ibuprofen. The last time I had something that looked like a proper flu I was a child, it must have been more than 35 years ago.
There is no flu virus which is related to a corona virus.
However some types of flu virus can be very aggressive, no doubt about that.

What I do not understand with your comment, are you now against ANY vaccination or are you solely against the Covid-19 vaccination?

If you are worried about flu and rare aftereffects and not an all-out anti-vaxxer, why do you not get a shot yearly against seasonal flu and every 5 years a shot of pneumococcal vaccine?

Even if you are against covid-19 vaccine, vaccination against flu and pneumonia is helpful and used since many years.

Personally I don't care if somebody is vaccinated or not or against which disease. In Japan nobody can be forced into any vaccination.

I get my shots regularly and I can say, flu and pneumonia vaccination really helps. However I don't care if unvaccinated people suffer of pneumonia or flu, not my body anyway....
Decu
Freshman Poster

Post by Decu »

Yohan wrote:
November 10th, 2021, 3:35 am
publicduende wrote:
November 9th, 2021, 7:03 pm

There is no flu virus which is related to a corona virus.
However some types of flu virus can be very aggressive, no doubt about that. You should better get some insurance to be on the safe side I believe.

What I do not understand with your comment, are you now against ANY vaccination or are you solely against the Covid-19 vaccination?

If you are worried about flu and rare after effects and not an all-out anti-vaxxer, why do you not get a shot yearly against seasonal flu and every 5 years a shot of pneumococcal vaccine?

Even if you are against covid-19 vaccine, vaccination against flu and pneumonia is helpful and used since many years.

Personally I don't care if somebody is vaccinated or not or against which disease. In Japan nobody can be forced into any vaccination.

I get my shots regularly and I can say, flu and pneumonia vaccination really helps. However I don't care if unvaccinated people suffer of pneumonia or flu, not my body anyway....
Same here! I don't shout for vaccinating and don't impose my po either but I had the second shot a week ago. I guess I did it right. The statistics proves it.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Decu wrote:
November 10th, 2021, 12:55 pm
Same here! I don't shout for vaccinating and don't impose my po either but I had the second shot a week ago. I guess I did it right. The statistics proves it.
Which statistics?
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Cornfed wrote:
November 10th, 2021, 1:14 pm
Decu wrote:
Which statistics?
For example look at the statistics of Japan regarding covid-19.
We had at peak 231.596 confirmed acute cases.

After a nationwide vaccination campaign within 3 months elderly people 65+ were vaccinated = 92%, younger people up to 65+ = 78%,
all with Pfizer. 99 million people out of 125 million people.

Result today - 1863 acute cases (down from 231.596 acute cases on 1st September)

Reported deaths from February 2020 up to today - 18.309 deaths in 21 months.

Covid-19 is almost finished in all Japan, with many hospitals sending now ZERO reports, almost no patients in the wards, almost no new acute cases. More than 90.000 hospital beds are now empty.

Within Japan there are no covid-19 restrictions anymore.

Covid-19 vaccinations still continue, and now it is best time for influenza and pneumonia vaccination.
3rd shot covid-19 will be available around beginning of next year.

Links to statistics:
https://www.stopcovid19.jp/
https://mainichi.jp/english/covid19
https://vdata.nikkei.com/newsgraphics/c ... ne-status/
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Decu wrote:
Yohan wrote:
November 10th, 2021, 3:35 am
You should better get some insurance to be on the safe side I believe.
Please do not add 'advertisements into my comments' while quoting them!
The above sentence with link is not from me!

Otherwise I agree with you. Vaccination works best, but in case of covid-19 delta variant you need around 80 % of the population fully vaccinated or the virus will continue to spread.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Yohan wrote:
November 10th, 2021, 6:32 pm
Which statistics?

After a nationwide vaccination campaign within 3 months elderly people 65+ were vaccinated = 92%, younger people up to 65+ = 78%,

Result today - 1863 acute cases (down from 231.596 acute cases on 1st September)

Covid-19 is almost finished in all Japan, with many hospitals sending now ZERO reports, almost no patients in the wards, almost no new acute cases. More than 90.000 hospital beds are now empty.

Covid-19 vaccinations still continue, and now it is best time for influenza and pneumonia vaccination.

Links to statistics:
[/quote]

If you think what you just wrote makes sense then thanks for answering the question - in your case you really were right to take the jab. Hopefully you won't have too long to wait around on this mortal coil.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Yohan wrote:
November 10th, 2021, 6:32 pm

Links to statistics:
If you think what you just wrote makes sense then thanks for answering the question - in your case you really were right to take the jab. Hopefully you won't have too long to wait around on this mortal coil.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Cornfed wrote:
November 10th, 2021, 6:48 pm
Mexico
Acute cases: 345,412
Deaths up to today: 290,110

Up to you, compare data of Mexico with data of Japan...

Not sure who might be the first in the coffin...
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Yohan wrote:
November 10th, 2021, 6:57 pm
Cornfed wrote:
Mexico

Your non-comprehension of the situation was already apparent. No need to hammer it home.
rudder
Junior Poster

Post by rudder »

Cornfed wrote:
November 10th, 2021, 7:00 pm
Yohan wrote:
November 10th, 2021, 6:57 pm
Cornfed wrote:
Mexico

Your non-comprehension of the situation was already apparent. No need to hammer it home.
hahahah.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

There not trying to hide the "truth" anymore.

Thousands of double jabbed over 50s have died from COVID in the last 4 weeks
https://ph.news.yahoo.com/revealed-thou ... 48036.html

Pfizer, BioNTech & Moderna raking in $1,000 every second from Covid-19 vaccine
https://www.rt.com/usa/540458-african-v ... countries/

Hope you liked COVID, Because Round 2 is Smallpox
https://www.investmentwatchblog.com/hop ... -smallpox/
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Taco wrote:
November 18th, 2021, 5:08 pm
Thousands of double jabbed over 50s have died from COVID in the last 4 weeks
https://ph.news.yahoo.com/revealed-thou ... 48036.html
Somehow the text is mixed up with this link, the headline and the text are different from each other.
from the text:
Death rates among the unvaccinated are significantly higher.
For people aged over 80, the unvaccinated have a death rate of 125.4 per 100,000 compared to the vaccinated 54.9 per 100,000 in the past four weeks.
For 70-79 the gap is even wider, with the unvaccinated death rate at 103.8 per 100,000 compared to 16.2 for the vaccinated.
In the younger age groups, one death has been reported in the 18-29 double vaccinated age group.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... urope.html

Full article link above
Euro winter of Covid discontent: French people join protests against Austria's lockdown for unvaccinated only as continent goes on 'red alert' for Christmas lockdown with Belgians ordered to work from home and Dutch already under strict restrictions
Hundreds of French protesters demonstrated against Austria's Covid apartheid on Thursday
Crowds waving flags gathered outside Austrian Embassy in protest at Vienna's lockdown for unvaccinated
Europe has become the epicentre of the pandemic once again, with WHO warning of rising deaths
Coronavirus fatalities spiked by five per cent on the Continent this week, the UN health body warned
Austria has seen rising cases despite locking down people who are unjabbed on Monday this week
Germany, Italy, Greece are all considering joining Austria with vaccine apartheid ahead of 'terrible' winter