Should people avoid traveling for the year?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Should people avoid traveling for the year?

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

The silver lining to all this is that flights will not be full, first and business class will be slashed in price, and travel will be a relative pleasure than usual.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Out of curiousity, I looked at flights on China Southern. It's not my favorite because of the extra wait for visa checks, weird McDonald's menu and flavorless noodles, the lack of seats, and the extra line you have to wait in to actually reserve specific seats when traveling as a group, but the tickets are cheaper than a lot of other carriers. But the websites I checked will not sell tickets from the airports I checked in the US. Flights may be less crowded, but removing China routes for east Asian destinations might not allow prices to drop as low as they could otherwise. The overall lack of flights might lead to more capacity and less markets, but taking China planes out of of the market may put some upward pressure on the price of flights as time goes on.

If Coronavirus doesn't spread well in hot weather, then it is possible governments might loosen up on flight restrictions in the summer. I'm not holding my breath.

Prices on other routes to Jakarta from where I am currently are reasonably cheap, but its the cheap time of year.
Light
Freshman Poster

Post by Light »

I think I might do some traveling this year in a few months. I haven't ever seen prices for international flights across the Atlantic Ocean to Europe this cheap especially for non-stop flights. I hope the prices don't increase before the middle of the year. Hotel rooms and restaurants might also have really good deals.