Do you want children? Why or why not?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Do you want children? Why or why not?

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

rashmika12 wrote:
January 21st, 2020, 2:03 am
This is a very nice topic on which you are doing discussion because having children is very lucky
Not everyone feels that way and that’s a real shame when they already have children and feel that way.

Stop perpetuating the myth that you need to have children to have a successful life. If children are so “lucky” as you call it, why don’t you go ahead and have 10?

Oh, that’s what I thought....
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Jeallom wrote:
April 24th, 2020, 2:02 pm
I have 2 children, both girls, one is 3, and the other is 5 years old, I love them more than anything else. Sometimes it's really hard to be a parent but it's really worth it. Don't be afraid to have children, you will be surprised how happy you can be.
You were probably coerced into happiness. I call it the PP syndrome: Pretentiousness Phantom Syndrome (yeah I would PP on that syndrome). You thought you were hot s.hit and you thought your woman would acquiesce to you without fail and without insubordination, but now you have kids, you have to love them. Typical American: "Ooooooh I love my kids! They come first (looks like the man already came first hence their existence)" or "Ooooo I love my dog (because it's more faithful than any human can ever be [and depending on the breed, if it's big enough as a male dog, the female owner loves to go bareback with it hence harvesting STDs/STIs in humans] (urrrrrrrrrrrrr, where else did gonorrhea, syphilis, trichomoniasis comes from????? Not out of an airborne pathogen!!!!). Only in America do women have that fish smell. I know pro's with worse hygiene in other countries whose p***y never smells like fish; it's totally an American phenomenon!!!!
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Jeallom wrote:
April 24th, 2020, 2:02 pm
I have 2 children, both girls, one is 3, and the other is 5 years old, I love them more than anything else. Sometimes it's really hard to be a parent but it's really worth it. Don't be afraid to have children, you will be surprised how happy you can be. By the way, I can recommend awesome and very helpful apps for parents, just check out this list https://playmarket.store/android-category/parenting
That's great for you, but don't assume everyone will have the same view of parenthood as you.

Also, when your kids are older and more difficult to control, I doubt you will have the same "happy as can be disposition" about them as you have now. Kids get in trouble, cause problems, and sometimes cause great grief and heartache for parents. If you can't see that now, you're going to be in a world of hurt later on.

Also, stop shaming people about being "afraid" to have children. Some people are just smart enough to know the expense, work, toil, and sacrifice involved in raising them. If you wanted to take that upon yourself, fine. But some of us are just a bit more sagacious than you.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
April 25th, 2020, 8:59 pm
Also, stop shaming people about being "afraid" to have children. Some people are just smart enough to know the expense, work, toil, and sacrifice involved in raising them.
In addition to having no worthwhile genetic legacy to pass on, it would make sense for you to take the anti-natalist position for the same reason as feminists. People generally had families as support networks, and as a lifelong ward of the state who expects the gravy train to continue, this wouldn't be a consideration for you.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Cornfed wrote:
April 25th, 2020, 9:19 pm
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
April 25th, 2020, 8:59 pm
Also, stop shaming people about being "afraid" to have children. Some people are just smart enough to know the expense, work, toil, and sacrifice involved in raising them.
In addition to having no worthwhile genetic legacy to pass on, it would make sense for you to take the anti-natalist position for the same reason as feminists. People generally had families as support networks, and as a lifelong ward of the state who expects the gravy train to continue, this wouldn't be a consideration for you.
You should breed because the meat supply network is breaking down, .... OINK OINK!
Time to Hide!
Sagini
Freshman Poster

Post by Sagini »

I would and unfortunately can not have. We've been trying for years and nothing yet.
Rockman
Freshman Poster

Post by Rockman »

Light wrote:
January 9th, 2020, 9:34 am
HappyGuy wrote:
January 9th, 2020, 9:26 am
Light wrote:
January 9th, 2020, 9:20 am
Your opinion.
His, mine, or anybody's. 8)

Thank you for the laugh. I never watched Sopranos but that clip was funny.

But to get back on topic, no, it is ONLY your moronic opinion.
oh wow thats clip was funny
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Jordan Peterson is of the opinion that those who wait to late and do not have families, especially if they do not have partners, will have a pitiful and lonely existence in old age. Mainly it is in the latter half of the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy4a8T45GiQ

It is probably true of many people. There are people who forgo marriage for a greater good, to go work on a missions field, for example, running an orphanage, and things like that, who pour their lives into others who do not fit this description.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

MrMan wrote:
February 24th, 2021, 9:21 pm
.... those who wait to late and do not have families, especially if they do not have partners, will have a pitiful and lonely existence in old age.
Difficult question - yes and no. It is not possible to give clear advice, people are so different from each other...

I think this lonely existence is true especially for women who were into party-life all the time, never worked anything productive, failed even in their 40s or 50s to find a regular job and unable to accept a modest life-style when getting older and often end up in alcohol and drug abuse.

For men this is true too if they end up penniless after a divorce for example and just gave up - and now they are living of benefits and are homeless....some of them ending up in jail for crimes...

As adults we are responsible for our life, our choice. However not all what happens to you is your fault. You need also a good piece of pure luck, how other people see you and treat you...it's not the same if you remain healthy or getting sick etc. We cannot choose your parents etc....

-----

I would say, you need to achieve some stability in your life - regardless if you are with a family or if you prefer to be alone.
You have to think about your future - to plan ahead.

To be alone must not be necessarily worse than to be among people.

In general I would say, it is better to be alone than with useless people around you and these useless people might include your own relatives sometimes.