I took a road trip around Texas, some things I noticed

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: I took a road trip, some things I noticed

Post by jamesbond »

HappyGuy wrote:
January 2nd, 2020, 12:07 pm
Winston wrote:
January 2nd, 2020, 11:10 am
As to food, why not just go to Subway? It's everywhere in America, even at gas stations. You can just get a healthy 6 inch sandwich and sugarless iced tea and maybe one small bag of chips. That would be a healthy meal.
Subway's bread is made using soy oil and was found to have Azodicarbonamide an ingredient found in yoga mats. :)

Their meats are made from animals pumped full of estrogen and have carcinogenic preservatives like sodium nitrate and who knows what else, their vegetables aren't healthy either even the jalapeños have green food coloring which is toxic for your brain. And my favorite, they wrap your sandwich in thermal paper which contains Bisphenol A (BPA). So just from contact the paper shuts down your male hormones and the meat and bread flood your body with estrogen which causes a serious hormonal imbalance and makes you fat and sluggish and infertile. You might as well go to McDonalds or Krispy Kreme for some estrogen burgers and diabetes.

I usually buy a foot long rotisserie chicken at Subway on nine grain wheat bread with american cheese, lettuce and olives about once a month. After hearing about what Subway puts in there bread and meat, maybe I will find another place to get a healthy sandwich! :shock:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Winston
Site Admin

Re: I took a road trip around Texas, some things I noticed

Post by Winston »

Isn't this so true in America? lol

https://www.azquotes.com/author/6930-Mi ... lebecq?p=2

"People are suspicious of single men on vacation, after they get to a certain age: they assume that they're selfish, and probably a bit pervy. I can't say they're wrong."
- Michel Houellebecq
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: I took a road trip around Texas, some things I noticed

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

statnerd wrote:
January 2nd, 2020, 5:21 am
What bothered me more than anything was how it was next to impossible to find healthy food while on the road. Just about everything was greasy and fatty. The only food that was healthy in restaurants was something incredibly bland like a chicken breast and some brocolli and rice. That was the one healthy option on the menu and everything else was unhealthy junk. No wonder why so many people in the U.S. are fat!
As someone who lives on the road, I can relate. The best strategy to find healthy foods is sticking to the affluent areas. My reference for affluent areas is Whole Foods market. Wherever you find a Whole Foods, it is generally in an affluent area with lots of healthy food alternatives nearby.

You can also do searches for nearby "gluten free food" which is another clue to affluent areas.

Short of that, stick to eating soups and salads between your major meals. In the working and more middle class areas, the chain restaurants like Outback, Zaxby's, Applebees, Red Lobster, etc, generally have side dishes of many healthy choices which you can order to go. That is another strategy.