Poll: Should Tapatio89 be banned?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Should Tapatio89 be banned?

Yes, 95% of his posts are made up of outright lies, as well as vitriolic, unsubstantiated personal attacks and more lies, as demonstrated on several threads.
53%
Intermediate opinion
24%
No, he is a valuable poster, I do believe his stories, and his rebuttals to other posters are appropriate.
21%
I suck up to him to show off my half-assed spanish language level, keep him.
3%

Total votes: 34
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Poll: Should Tapatio89 be banned?

Post by droid »

Here's one of the threads, for reference:
http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/view ... 11#p258011

You may select up to two options
Last edited by droid on May 30th, 2016, 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

desembarazarse
Freshman Poster

Re: Poll: Should Tapatio89 be banned?

Post by desembarazarse »

I suck up to him to show off my half-assed spanish language level, keep him.
Is that last option aimed at me, droid?
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Mainly for E.Irrizary, but It's up to you really, if it applies lol
desembarazarse
Freshman Poster

Post by desembarazarse »

OK, I thought you might have missed or forgotten the part where Tapatio89 and I were calling each other weon - which Tapatio89 started, by the way. I chided him that he was not very amable. I don't know whether he has been lying in his posts, but I would say that he is rather quick to insult people.
Last edited by desembarazarse on May 31st, 2016, 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
cdnFA
Junior Poster

Post by cdnFA »

I sort of thought he was calling the abuse on himself by being too sensitive and overreacting to everything but you really pounded him in that other thread.

Also this
" will rape your mother in front of you if I had the chance "

Is way over the line. He doesn't seem to be able to control his anger when challenged.
It doesn't help his case that when he is in battle mode he swings his purse pretty wide attacking everyone who doesn't dress like a homo and everyone who is overweight and older. Insults should be more targeted.
It also results in thread after thread being extremely derailed for extended periods of time.

I've been warned for much much less.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on July 30th, 2019, 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Mr. Wu with his generosity has provided us with an IGNORE button has he not ?
Time to Hide!
desembarazarse
Freshman Poster

Post by desembarazarse »

I think Tapatio89 should be banned for his own good. It looks like forum members have linked his account to his real name and his reputation is being damaged. I don't know whether the MedHelp stuff is fake or not, but either way, the combatants need to be separated.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Moretorque wrote:Mr. Wu with his generosity has provided us with an IGNORE button has he not ?
The ignore button doesn't make any sense, this is not about ignoring someone for your own comfort. Trolls and lie-tellers just lower the overall quality of the forum.
There are many visitors that are not even members and not everyone has the time to be sifting through the crap.

Why would I or someone else bother posting a trip report if it gets easily trolled and thrashed by some random idiot?
The current clown d'jour here decided to troll one of my threads when he had nothing else to resort to.
http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/view ... 37#p258037
I hope Winston cleans it up later.
Last edited by droid on May 31st, 2016, 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

desembarazarse wrote:I think Tapatio89 should be banned for his own good. It looks like forum members have linked his account to his real name and his reputation is being damaged. I don't know whether the MedHelp stuff is fake or not, but either way, the combatants need to be separated.
The MedHelp stuff is timestamped from even before he joined the forum, he can't deny it.
He alone destroys his own reputation and doesn't seem to care. He's all over the internet, nobody hacked into any private account to expose him.
gnosis
Freshman Poster

Post by gnosis »

Droid has a valid point. If the ratio of good posters to crap posters falls too low, all the good posters will leave. In my opinion, this forum is much less good than it used to be. I used to lurk here years ago and there were much better threads. Now, it's mostly crap. There are a few posters that I like, and that's why I still read and contribute, but I may quit using the forum in the near future.

The forum is not moderated well. I am not sure what Winston does all day. And there just aren't enough good posters that post regularly. I have to sift through so much crap to find anything good that it's hardly worth it. And I don't want to share any of my really valuable thoughts and experiences because there are too many trolls and crap posters.
desembarazarse
Freshman Poster

Post by desembarazarse »

droid wrote: The MedHelp stuff is timestamped from even before he joined the forum, he can't deny it.
I see a Feb 2, 2016 timestamp at http://www.medhelp.org/posts/HIV-Preven ... ow/2829804 and Tapatio89 joined this forum on Oct 15, 2015.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

desembarazarse wrote:
droid wrote: The MedHelp stuff is timestamped from even before he joined the forum, he can't deny it.
I see a Feb 2, 2016 timestamp at http://www.medhelp.org/posts/HIV-Preven ... ow/2829804 and Tapatio89 joined this forum on Oct 15, 2015.
Ok, i stand corrected, thanks.
But then again, one would have to see if there were any quarrels in that time window that would motivate someone to defame him ahead of time.

He hadn't been exposed as a queer/homo during that time as far as i know. Also, there was a lot less information back then.
Edit; Also he has a posting gap between Dec 1st, and Mar 1st. I really doubt then that somebody would decide to randomly defame him on Feb 2nd, it doesn't add up.

All the other factors we previously presented still incriminate the medhelp post.
Vendri
Freshman Poster

Post by Vendri »

Yes. Ban him. He's a liar and a con man.
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

I'll state the obvious again, he has yet to produce a single photo holding a piece of paper saying "happier abroad", "drealm is a bastard" or "i hate anglos".

So there is not one piece of evidence that the photos of the alleged person are the person we are talking to.

He has been asked to follow my instructions multiple times and he has ignored the request. You would think someone who is so in love with taking selfies would have no problem taking one more. I will reiterate that my guess is that he's a random person doing an Andy Kaufman style routine with self deprecating humor and some images he took from someone else. In other words, it is his intention to draw criticism but maintain the facade he's genuinely offended. It's also possible he's trying to attack someone else's real identity who he has a grudge against.

I really cannot imagine any intelligent person thinking that an average bystander who discovered his paper trail online would look at him favorably. Nor can I imagine any intelligent person who is aware that he has an unfavorable history to be so sloppy as to reveal personal information.

Also just for the record:

He joined medhelp in 02/26/16

He first attacked me in 03/09/16

I'm against banning out of principle. This is the only free speech forum that I know of online. I do think it would be wise of Winston to check IP addresses to confirm it's someone who has already been here before. This would help people like Matt Hanson stop taking advice from someone who probably doesn't even live in Mexico.