Where to find quality content?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Where to find quality content?

Post by zacb »

As the forum seems to get less and less quality posts, I am wondering where most people like to go to get decent content. It seems as the internet gets older, unique content is getting harder and harder to find. I like to dip into the loompanic catalog, Good Reads, Warrior Forum, Black Hat World Forum, and the Rooshv Lifestyle forum, as well as an occasional Simon Black and the like. What do you guys dip into? I need some new stuff to read.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Where to find quality content?

Post by Tsar »

zacb wrote:As the forum seems to get less and less quality posts, I am wondering where most people like to go to get decent content. It seems as the internet gets older, unique content is getting harder and harder to find. I like to dip into the loompanic catalog, Good Reads, Warrior Forum, Black Hat World Forum, and the Rooshv Lifestyle forum, as well as an occasional Simon Black and the like. What do you guys dip into? I need some new stuff to read.
I would like to know that too. Since 2012 when I joined it seems the quality of posts has had a noticeable drop. The entire internet has many sites that are too politically-correct or blue-pill. It would be nice if I could also begin posting on some other sites.

What have you been up to?
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Old books
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

zacb wrote:As the forum seems to get less and less quality posts, I am wondering where most people like to go to get decent content. It seems as the internet gets older, unique content is getting harder and harder to find. I like to dip into the loompanic catalog, Good Reads, Warrior Forum, Black Hat World Forum, and the Rooshv Lifestyle forum, as well as an occasional Simon Black and the like. What do you guys dip into? I need some new stuff to read.
You observations are correct. Postings here are now often on the middle school level mentally. Why will someone who is more advanced bother to post when so many posts and responses to posts are sinking to mentally infantile levels?

There are sound reasons why people are selective about their company. FSchmidt advice "old books" is a pretty good take on things.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 20th, 2020, 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Tsar wrote: Since 2012 when I joined it seems the quality of posts has had a noticeable drop. The entire internet has many sites that are too politically-correct or blue-pill. It would be nice if I could also begin posting on some other sites.
What have you been up to?
I am using frequently only 2 forums, but the situation is the same almost with any forum on the internet. There are too many sites, with not enough members, sometimes bad moderation, too many trolls...

At least HappierAbroad - because of free speech - has some regular activity going on, other forums are almost dead because of over-moderation.
Traveler
Freshman Poster

Post by Traveler »

I've been reading a lot of this blog lately- written by both a monger and PUA.
http://singlemansparadise.com/

He has some really well-written posts about Thailand and Vietnam. The comments below the articles are worth reading too. Other than that, I sometimes read the naughty nomad forum and Roosh.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

WarriorForum is worse than HA these days - 90% of the posts on there are junk. Too many 3rd worlders on there as well (sorry but there are). But it is a good place to find newbies to sell junk to.

Roosh is worth a look some times for the manning up stuff rather than the PUA stuff. Really Roosh should ditch that and go with the alpha male type threads (health, fitness, career advice, making money, travel).

The most stuff I've read in the last year is about personality types because that has been the biggest revelation of my entire life. Personality clashes have caused havoc in my life, but I have now drawn a line under the difficulties and so I accepted a job with a boss whose personality type I can relate to.

I've been reading stuff like this http://www.personalitypathways.com/faces.html

Aside from that I'm going outside more, and start a new irl Chinese course soon. I just signed up so I would meet people, but as there are only going to be two other students there will be no hiding at the back of the classroom.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.