Travel Grinches

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Who Is The Biggest Travel Grinch?

Winston
50%
Cornfed
17%
Ladislav
No votes
EuroBrat
33%
Ghost
No votes

Total votes: 6
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Travel Grinches

Post by Jester »

Which HA member is the biggest Travel Grinch? The one who complains the most about foreign lands he has visited, and is most cynical and jaded about traveling?

We all have heard Winston's tedious complaints about Taiwan and elsewhere.
Ladislav is pretty rough on Thailand.
Cornfed seems negative about the Asian countries he's been to.

But here's a recent example from EuroBrat, another one of my nominees:

Honestly I was planning out my trips for the rest of the year and I can't really find anywhere else to visit here in Europe.

I just went to Barcelona and I was pretty disappointed. It was lackluster, full of drunk UK ppl, horrible food, expensive and overall a very shitty experience.

The best part I guess was walking on the boardwalk reminded me of California. The coastline was perfect (except for all the drunk beef head British guys). The Spanish people were pretty disappointing.

Honestly I think Italy is a much better food and wine country.

I give Spain two thumbs down.
So anyway cast your vote(s) if you like 1 or 2 of my nominees.

BUT feel free to make a post in this thread and nominate someone else. If you nominate another HA Grinch candidate, then, I'll read your post, I'll add him to the poll, then you can vote for your nominee.

Changing your vote is OK, if another nominee gets added whom you prefer.
Last edited by Jester on June 3rd, 2015, 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 21st, 2020, 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Re: Travel Grinches

Post by eurobrat »

Ghost wrote:Winston just sort of complains about random things. Except for Taiwan, but that's only one small country. Although he does complain a ton about it... I don't think he is a travel grinch in particular. Cornfed isn't really a travel grinch either. He's makes un-PC observations about Western society. He doesn't really focus on other parts of the world. Ladislav doesn't really seem like one either. He tends to be the most balanced I think.

Eurobrat really hated Italy and had that bit tiff with the elf. So he's a good choice.

You could put me down on the list. I basically traveled grinch'd the Philippines and China (sort of.)
What elf?
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

All places have their pros and cons. I grinched China, but I couldn't really fault the dating there. Thailand was a much better place to live but dating was disappointing.

Barcelona is great with pretty much guaranteed sun and the local food is good but it does get boring after a while. Still, it is a great place to live if you're location independent. Also I've been here 3 months and still only seen a fraction of the world class tourist sites. Another plus is despite all the gourmet cheese and ham I have actually lost weight. I put that down to the fact that I don't snack much, and I don't sit in watching the TV and snacking.

I'm going to Berlin soon, so I'll grinch about that. And after that I'll probably stay in the UK for a few months, which seems to be the ultimate grinch thing to do after getting a CELTA and being able to travel the world earning money.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

xiongmao wrote:
I'll probably stay in the UK for a few months, which seems to be the ultimate grinch thing to do after getting a CELTA and being able to travel the world earning money.
Indeed. Looking forward to some biting Brit sarcasm.
xiongmao wrote:
I'm going to Berlin soon, so I'll grinch about that.
Excellent. You can give EuroBrat a run for his money.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Jester wrote:
xiongmao wrote:
I'll probably stay in the UK for a few months, which seems to be the ultimate grinch thing to do after getting a CELTA and being able to travel the world earning money.
Indeed. Looking forward to some biting Brit sarcasm.
xiongmao wrote:
I'm going to Berlin soon, so I'll grinch about that.
Excellent. You can give EuroBrat a run for his money.
SBS - Sausages, Beer and Sluts.
I will continue my Jew diet of cheap canned fish (Salmon, Tuna, Sardines, Herring, Mackrel and Sardines)
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

:lol:
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 21st, 2020, 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

eurobrat wrote:What elf?
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?