Origins Of Trolls on Happier Abroad

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

gsjackson wrote:
zboy1 wrote:
kai1275 wrote:
TheAustralianMan wrote:Why ban them?

Just counter-troll them :D
If that was a joke it was not even remotely funny. I can see why HA might lose its fight against the non-obvious trolls....
I can't believe some HA members actually want posters like Odbo, Blue Murder, ThePrimeBait, MrDarcy and Cornfed back, smh...

And with all the complaints I've received from other HA members about them--with even some members like Deasil and TheAdventurer writing threads about how the forums quality has declined--instead, they get drowned-out by the voices of people upset that some trolls were banned...WTF? Are HA members that f***ed-up in the head--both mentally and emotionally--to want those guys back? Sigh...

I've even got pm messages in the past telling me to bring back OilTradingAcademy and Lone Yakuza when I banned them. LOL. Double sigh and Double WTF?...

Are HA'ers really that deranged and strange...?
"....ThePrimeBait, Cornfed, Mr Darcy, MyFirstTrueLove....I actually think all four are decent posters who bring some very interesting perspectives to the forum.....Sorry, it's not my idea to do this..." zboy1 2/16/14

So, who's deranged and strange? This "poll" and interpretation of its "results" is one of the strangest episodes I've seen on HA.
Wow, all of them got banned? Wtf, I leave for 5 minutes and this is the **** I come back to?! I didn't particularly care for a couple of them, but banning them feels very wrong. They often had good points or threads hidden in their fire hose spray of whargharbl.