Why are flu shots in America free?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

zboy1- Why is that warning aimed at me? At the very least- I'd think it would be aimed at him, too. Did you even read this whole back & forth we've been having? If you do, maybe you'll see why I say things the way that I do. Personally, I'm suprised it's gone on as long as it has, but it's not my fault that HouseMD thinks that reality doesn't apply to medical personnel & that the properties of the situation are reformed by designations.

I also thought there was supposed to be a theme of free speech & not being "PC" on this forum? Big part of why I go on here at all, actually. I don't go around posting random insults or anything. All my other posts have been social, even when there was a disagreement. I didn't put up a video with some guy dancing around saying "Didn't Read, LOL" as a "nya nya ni nya nya" type of thing. That was a bit of a deliberate effort on HouseMD's part to get me angry & there's no warning for him?

I don't know if there's some kind of "three strikes & you're out" rule here or what, but I've got to figure in the years & years someone might be on this site, posting on as broad an array of subjects as you guys have got here, there's bound to be some arguments that pop up. I know I've gotten a lot from this forum & I'd hate to think that someone else getting into a sustained argument would get them deprived of the benefits they could derive from the free exchange of information here.

Supposing someone wants to voice their concerns about the future or ask advice on where to go, should they not be able to articulate their points to successfully get all that stuff across? Sometimes it's also just helpful to vent & I seem to remember that whole "bottled up" state of culture in America being a major point that was brought up a few times by Winston & by others. Myself, I DO worry that "disqualified attacks" would be aimed at me & the people I'm close to (not that I'd think well of them being directed at someone that didn't have it coming & I didn't know). Things like that HAVE happened in Germany, the Soviet Union, Romania, China, and a bunch of other countries, including America & I get to thinking "Well, sanctioned problems are still possible." What's wrong with that?
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Given a scenario where you lack trust in the "medical establishment", is your time better spent doing this:

Or, using your time to study herbalism, get trained in first aid & emergency response by the Red Cross, attend classes for CAM (complementary and alternative medicines)?

Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

I do that. Why do you figure I don't? I've been back & forth seeing as there's a lot of things that I'm interested in (both for usefulness & just being interesting- sometimes it's both). Why do you think I asked you about the traditional bone-setting?