A Straight Look at the Jewish Lobby

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

http://www.ihr.org/leaflets/jewishlobby.shtml

By Mark Weber

For many years Israel has violated well established standards of international law and has defied numerous United Nations resolutions in its occupation of conquered lands, in extra-judicial killings, and in its repeated acts of military aggression.

Most of the world regards Israel’s policies, and especially its oppression of Pal­estinians, as illegal and outrageous. This international consen­sus is reflected, for example, in numerous UN resolutions condemning Israel, which have been approved with overwhelming majorities.

“The whole world,“ said United Nations Secretary General Kofi Annan, “is demanding that Israel withdraw [from occupied Palestinian territories]. I don’t think the whole world... can be wrong.â€￾ [1]

Only in the United States do politicians and the media still fervently support Israel and defend its policies. For many years the US has provided Israel with crucial military, diplo­matic and financial backing, including more than $3 billion each year in aid.

Why is the US such a staunch bastion of support for Israel?

Bishop Desmond Tutu of South Africa, who was awarded the 1984 Nobel Peace Prize, has candidly identified the reason. Speaking to an audience in Boston, he said:

“But you know as well as I do that, somehow, the Israeli government is placed on a pedestal [in the US], and to criticize it is to be immediately dubbed anti-Semitic ... People are scared in this country, to say wrong is wrong because the Jewish lobby is powerful -- very powerful.â€￾ [2]

Bishop Tutu spoke the truth. Although Jews make up only two or three percent of the US population, they wield immense power and influ­ence – much more than any other ethnic or religious group.

As Jewish author and political science professor Benjamin Ginsberg has pointed out: [3]

“Since the 1960s, Jews have come to wield considerable influence in American economic, cultural, intellectual and political life. Jews played a central role in American finance during the 1980s, and they were among the chief beneficiaries of that decade’s corporate mergers and reorganizations. Today, though barely two percent of the nation’s population is Jewish, close to half its billionaires are Jews. The chief executive officers of the three major television networks and the four largest film studios are Jews, as are the owners of the nation’s larg­est newspaper chain and the most influential single newspaper, the New York Times... The role and influence of Jews in Ameri­can politics is equally marked...

“Jews are only three percent of the nation’s population and com­prise eleven percent of what this study defines as the nation’s elite. However, Jews constitute more than 25 percent of the elite journalists and publishers, more than 17 percent of the leaders of important voluntary and public interest organiza­tions, and more than 15 percent of the top ranking civil ser­vants.â€￾

Stephen Steinlight, former Director of National Affairs of the American Jewish Committee, similarly notes the “disproportionate political powerâ€￾ of Jews, which is “pound for pound the greatest of any ethnic/cultural group in America.â€￾ He goes on to explain that “Jewish economic influence and power are disproportionately concentrated in Hollywood, television, and in the news industry.“ [4]

Two well-known Jewish writers, Seymour Lipset and Earl Raab, point­ed out in their 1995 book, Jews and the New American Scene: [5]

“During the last three decades Jews [in the United States] have made up 50 percent of the top two hundred intellectu­als... 20 percent of professors at the leading universities ... 40 percent of partners in the leading law firms in New York and Washington ... 59 percent of the directors, writ­ers, and producers of the 50 top-grossing motion pictures from 1965 to 1982, and 58 percent of directors, writers, and producers in two or more primetime television series.â€￾

Vanity Fair magazine in October 2007 published a list of what it calls “the world’s most powerful peopleâ€￾ – a lineup of the one hundred most influential media bosses, bankers, publishers, image makers, and so forth, who determine how we view ourselves and the world, and who – directly and indirectly -- shape our lives and our futures. Jews made up more than half of the powerful men and women on the Vanity Fair list, reported a leading Israeli newspaper, The Jerusalem Post. [6]

The influence of American Jewry in Washington, The Jerusalem Post has also noted, is “far disproportionate to the size of the community, Jewish leaders and US officials acknowledge. But so is the amount of money they contribute to [election] campaigns.â€￾ One member of the influential Conference of Presidents of Major Amer­ican Jewish Organizations “estimated Jews alone had contributed 50 percent of the funds for [President Bill] Clinton’s 1996 re-elec­tion campaign.â€￾ [7]

Mother Jones magazine compiled a listing of the 400 leading contributors to the 2000 US national elections. Seven of the first ten were Jewish, as were twelve of the top 20, and 125 of the top 250. [8]

The single biggest donor to American politicians is Israeli billionaire and media mogul Haim Saban. In January 2007 it was revealed that he had donated approximately $13 million to various US political candidates. [9] The New York Times has noted Saban’s ardent devotion to the Jewish state: “He has since emerged as perhaps the most politically connected mogul in Hollywood, throwing his weight and money around Washington, and increasingly, the world, trying to influence all things Israeli. 'I’m a one-issue guy and my issue is Israel,' he said.â€￾ [10]

A Grip on Hollywood

“It makes no sense at all to try to deny the reality of Jewish power and prominence in popular culture,â€￾ acknowledges Michael Medved, a well-known Jewish author and film critic. “Any list of the most influential production executives at each of the major movie stu­dios will produce a heavy majority of recognizably Jewish names.â€￾ [11]

One person who has carefully studied this subject is Jonathan J. Goldberg, editor of the influential Jewish community weekly Forward. In his 1996 book, Jewish Power, he wrote: [12]

“In a few key sectors of the media, notably among Hollywood stu­dio executives, Jews are so numerically dominant that calling these businesses Jewish-controlled is little more than a sta­tistical observation ...

“Hollywood at the end of the twentieth century is still an industry with a pronounced ethnic tinge. Virtually all the senior executives at the major studios are Jews. Writers, pro­ducers, and to a lesser degree directors are disproportionately Jewish -- one recent study showed the figure as high as 59 per­cent among top-grossing films.

“The combined weight of so many Jews in one of America’s most lucrative and important industries gives the Jews of Hollywood a great deal of political power. They are a major source of money for Democratic candidates.â€￾

“As a proud Jew,â€￾ writes Joel Stein, a columnist for the Los Angeles Times, “I want America to know about our accomplishment. Yes, we control Hollywood ... I don’t care if Americans think we’re running the news media, Hollywood, Wall Street or the government. I just care that we get to keep running them.â€￾ [13]

Reflecting their role in the American media, Jews are routinely portrayed as high-minded, trustworthy, compassionate, and deserving of sympathy and support. While millions of Ameri­cans readily accept such imagery, not everyone is impressed. “I am very angry with some of the Jews,â€￾ complained actor Marlon Brando during a 1996 interview. “They know perfectly well what their responsibilities are... Hollywood is run by Jews. It’s owned by Jews, and they should have a greater sensitivity about the issue of people who are suffering.â€￾ [14]

A Well-Entrenched Factor

This intimidating power is not a new phenom­enon, but has long been an important factor in American life. In 1972, during a private White House meeting, President Richard Nixon and the Rev. Billy Graham spoke frankly about the Jewish grip on the media. “This stranglehold has got to be broken or the country’s going down the drain,â€￾ said Graham, the nation’s best-known Christian evangelist. “You believe that?,â€￾ Nixon responded. “Yes, sir,â€￾ said Graham. “Oh, boy,â€￾ replied Nixon. “So do I. I can’t ever say that, but I believe it.â€￾ [15]

In 1978, Jewish American scholar Alfred M. Lilienthal wrote in his detailed study, The Zionist Connection: [16]

“How has the Zionist will been imposed on the American people?... It is the Jewish connection, the tribal solidarity among themselves and the amazing pull on non-Jews, that has molded this unprecedented power ... The Jewish connection covers all areas and reaches every level. Most Americans may not even sense this gigantic effort, but there is scarcely a Jew who is not touched by its tentacles...

“The extent and depth to which organized Jewry reached – and reaches – in the U.S. is indeed awesome ... The most effective component of the Jewish connection is probably that of media control ... Jews, toughened by centuries of persecution, have risen to places of prime importance in the business and financial world... Jewish wealth and acumen wields unprecedented power in the area of finance and investment banking, playing an important role in influencing U.S. policy toward the Middle East ... In the larger metropolitan areas, the Jewish-Zionist connection thoroughly pervades affluent financial, commercial, social, entertainment, and art circles.â€￾

Foreign Policy Role

Jews in Israel feel free to act brutally against Arabs, writes Is­raeli journalist Ari Shavit, “believing with absolute certitude that now, with the White House, the Senate and much of the American media in our hands, the lives of others do not count as much as our own.â€￾ [17]

In Britain, a veteran member of the House of Commons candidly declared in May 2003 that pro-Israel Jews had taken control of America’s foreign policy, and had succeeded in pushing the US and Britain into war in Iraq. Tam Dalyell, a Labour party deputy known as “Father of the Houseâ€￾ because he is the longest-serving Member of Parliament, said: “A Jewish cabal have taken over the government in the United States and formed an unholy alliance with fundamentalist Christians ... There is far too much Jewish influence in the United States.â€￾ [18]

Admiral Thomas Moorer, former Chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff, has spoken with blunt exasperation about the Jewish-Israeli hold on the United States: [19]

“I've never seen a President -- I don't care who he is -- stand up to them [the Israelis]. It just boggles the mind. They always get what they want. The Israelis know what is going on all the time. I got to the point where I wasn't writing any­thing down. If the American people understood what a grip those people have got on our government, they would rise up in arms. Our citizens certainly don't have any idea what goes on.â€￾

Today the danger has never been greater. Israel and Jewish organiza­tions are prodding the United States into new wars against Israel’s en­emies.

To sum up: Jews wield immense power and influence in the United States. The “Jewish lobbyâ€￾ is a decisive factor in US support for Israel. Jewish-Zionist interests are not identical to American in­terests. In fact, they often conflict.

As long as the “very powerfulâ€￾ Jewish lobby remains entrenched, there will be no end to the Jewish-Zionist domination of the US polit­ical system and the American media, the Zionist oppression of Palestinians, the Israeli threat to peace, and the bloody con­flict between Jews and non-Jews in the Middle East.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Good post, thanks.

It really helps to see credible sources, especially Jewish ones.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

For Immediate Release March 3, 2014

REMARKS BY PRESIDENT OBAMA

AND PRIME MINISTER NETANYAHU

BEFORE BILATERAL MEETING

Oval Office

2:04 P.M. EST

PRESIDENT OBAMA: Well, it's a real pain in the ass, vastly worse than the nastiest imaginable hemorrhoid pleasure to welcome once again Prime Minister Netanyahu to the Oval Office. There's nobody I've met with more or consulted with more and wished to meet with less and consult with less than Bibi. And it's a testimony to the incredible bond between our two nations and the power of the [expletive-deleted] Zionists. I've said before and I will repeat, we do not have a nastier and more vicious, devious, and downright odious closer so-called friend or ally than Israel and the bond between our two countries and our two peoples is unbearable unbreakable.

And that's the reason why on a whole spectrum of issues we consult closely; thanks to the Zionist stranglehold on media, finance, and politics, we have the kind of military, intelligence and security subservience to Israel cooperation that is unprecedented. And there is a strong bipartisan commitment in this country to make sure that Israel's security is preserved even if it bankrupts, bleeds, and finally kills America in any contingency.

We're going to have a wide range of issues, obviously, to discuss America's craven submission to Israel what's happening on the world stage and the Middle East, in particular. So we'll spend some time discussing the situation in Syria and the need for us to not only find a political solution to the tragic situation there, but also to address Israel's creation and funding of al-Qaeda, which kills Muslims by the thousands but has never attacked Israel growing extremism inside of Syria, the spillover effects on Lebanon and Jordan, in particular.

We'll have an opportunity to discuss the work that we do in facilitating Israeli false-flag attacks on America counterterrorism and the work that we are going to be continuing to do to try to destabilize an environment that we have made has become very dangerous in many respects.

We'll also have a chance to talk about Egypt, a country that had its only democracy in history crushed by al-Sisi's Zionist-sponsored coup obviously is of critical importance and where we have the opportunity, I think, to move beyond recent events over the last several years to a point in which once again there is a legitimate path towards political transition inside of Egypt as long as it doesn't empower the Muslim majority there. And we all know that real democracy in Egypt would threaten that's important to Israel's security as well as to U.S. security.

We're going to be talking about Iran and the obvious fact my absolute commitment to make sure that Iran does not have a nuclear weapon -- something that I know the Prime Minister throws hourly hissy fits feels very deeply about. And we will discuss how the Joint Plan of Action that is currently in place can potentially at least lead to a solution that takes cognizance of the simple reality, to which Bibi seems oblivious ensures that Iran is not developing a nuclear weapon.

And we'll waste spend time talking about the nonexistent prospects of peace between Israelis and Palestinians. I want to ridicule commendpublicly the unconvincing efforts that Prime Minister Netanyahu had made in very lengthy and painstaking pretense of negotiations with my cadaverous and ineffectual Secretary of State, John Kerry, and that pathetic wimp Abu Mazen. They are sham tough negotiations. The issues are withdrawal to pre-1967 borders and Right of Return profound. Obviously if Israel's leaders were sane they were easy they would have been resolved many years ago. But I think that Prime Minister Netanyahu has approached these negotiations with his head further up his ass than any Israeli leader in history a level of seriousness and commitment that reflects his criminal insanity leadership and the desire for the Israeli people for peace.

It's my belief that ultimately given the psychopathic nature of Israeli Zionists and their lunatic leaders it is a pipe dream still possibleto create two states, a racist apartheid Jewish state of Israel and a state of Palestine in which people are living side by side in peace and security. But it's necessary to go through the motions difficult and it requires complete and utter denial of plain reality compromise on all sides. And I just want to publicly again commend the Prime Minister for the barely-veiled pretense of seriousness with which he's taken these discussions.

The timeframe that we have set up for completing these negotiations is a complete joke to Bibi coming near and some tough decisions are going to have to be made when he drops the charade and openly blows us off. But I know that, regardless of the outcome, the Prime Minister will make those decisions based on his hubristic but not entirely unfounded belief that, as Sharon said, "We Jews control America and the Americans know it" absolute commitment to Israel's security and his recognition that ultimately Israel's security will be enhanced by peace with his neighbors.

So, Mr. Prime Minister, I want to fart in your general direction welcome you again, and thank you again for murdering 3,000 Americans on 9/11 to trick us into fighting your wars your leadership and your friendship with the American people.

PRIME MINISTER NETANYAHU: Kiss my ass, Schvartzer Thank you, Mr. President.

- See more at: http://www.savethemales.ca/#sthash.267BT3NT.dpuf
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."