How age differences changed under feminism

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

How age differences changed under feminism

Post by Tsar »

Traditionally many men would become more established and be providers. They would be looking for a bride and seek out a younger woman. It was common to see men in their late twenties or early thirties dating women in their late teens. Sometimes a sixteen or seventeen year old, an adolescent but a biological adult.

This was acceptable up until feminism and the "sexual revolution" changed everything. When men go for younger women it became "unacceptable" according to feminists. Today most girls in their late teens or early twenties don't want too much of an age difference. Even some girls age eighteen don't want a man age twenty.

In feminist countries men that ask out or date a sixteen year old or seventeen year old are doing so with the risk of being charged with statutory rape, jail time, and labeled a pedophile. One hundred years ago that wouldn't have happened. Many parents would have been pleased that their daughter found a responsible and financially secure husband to offer her a stable future. Today it's the opposite because of feminism.

In many cases if a thirty year old man told his family and friends he was dating an eighteen year old girl his family and friends would look at him weird, say he was making a mistake, and she wasn't any good. That they were at different stages in life. The girls family and friends would look at her weird, say he was a bad guy and using her, and that she was making a mistake. Can you imagine how the families would react if the girl was seventeen? I commented about this to some relatives about how some men would date a sixteen year old girl, and they quickly said that it was statutory rape and wrong. These relatives aren't even liberal and have conservative American beliefs. Even if the Americans are conservative they still believe components of feminism and how age differences are shamed.

When a woman is a cougar or she is thirty and dating a seventeen year old boy people congratulate her and the boy. Many men say they wish that happened to them but they would be quick to label just the opposite happening as wrong. When Courtney Stodden was sixteen she married a fifty-one year old Doug Hutchinson. Since then Doug Hutchinson was called a pedophile by people including one of his fellow stars almost causing a fight on stage set.

Feminism is one of the main culprits. The second is the government which passes laws to protect feminism. The main reason I would give for the changes is the desire of feminists to try to extend their "lifespan" in the dating market. To do this they make it illegal for men to pursue women when they reach biological maturity and then brainwash younger women in their prime years to ignore stable men by portraying age differences as wrong.

There are a record number of women reaching their late thirties and forties without a husband. Women having children in their late thirties and early forties. So it would make logical sense they want to prevent men from going for the younger women.

I know that men dating younger women ( 30/18 ) is controversial in Western societies and a thirty year old man dating a seventeen year old girl would be illegal. Would old school traditional relationships be acceptable and legal in places like Russia, China, or India? I know the Middle East is very traditional in terms of age differences but I am more interested in knowing how Eastern European, East Asian, and Southern Asian cultures view them because feminism hasn't gained a foothold in those regions.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

Even my Feminist sister likes older men. She's 24 and dating a 32 year old.
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

I agree.

On the other hand I've yet to see an 18 year girl that's not a complete air head. I can't judge the ones abroad because I don't speak their language, but all the US ones seem delusional. Women become a little less delusional by their mid 20's but will always be crazy. So I think if you date an 18 year old you just need to bare with them while some of the air leaves their head the first couple of years.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

abcdavid01 wrote:Even my Feminist sister likes older men. She's 24 and dating a 32 year old.
Twenty three/four are the ages they begin to accept about ten years of an age difference. It's not much of a big deal when girls are in their mid-late twenties. Typical ages when most feminists and people don't approve are girls 16-19, sometimes 20-21 dating older men.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

But the concept remains. Do you know the phrase Overton Window? It's basically the window of beliefs that the public can accept as reasonable political discourse. The idea of May-December relationships is outside that window. The window itself continually moves Left.

Women are having children in their late thirties or forties...or not. They are failing to because their biology starts failing them. This is Feminism's greatest poison. It is literally an anti-life philosophy. Post-modern Nihilism.

I know because my dad wanted more kids and my mom wanted to wait.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on November 18th, 2019, 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrewww
Freshman Poster

Post by Andrewww »

In EE women actually look for older guys (4-5 years difference) because they see younger ones as immature. A 30 year old dating 18 year olds is not a big deal at all. At 40 you're pushing it, you might have some resistance from parents but if you are still in good shape no one is gonna criticize you (not publicly anyway).
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Mark Davis is 25 years older than his Ukrainian wife Anna. When they met, she was 19 and he was 44. They got married a year later when she was 20 and he was 45. Age is not an issue with a lot of eastern European women.

Here is Anna Davis discussing age differences between Ukrainian women and the men they date and marry.

Here is a more in depth discussion talking about age differences between Ukrainian women and the men they date and marry.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
terminator
Junior Poster

Post by terminator »

Well, times have changed for women. However, men are always attracted to women of child-bearing age. For a man to sleep with a old woman he must be blind or drunk or blind-drunk.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

terminator wrote:Well, times have changed for women. However, men are always attracted to women of child-bearing age. For a man to sleep with a old woman he must be blind or drunk or blind-drunk.
....or fixed by vasectomy. ;-)
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Re: How age differences changed under feminism

Post by IraqVet2003 »

Tsar wrote:
January 26th, 2013, 6:46 pm
Traditionally many men would become more established and be providers. They would be looking for a bride and seek out a younger woman. It was common to see men in their late twenties or early thirties dating women in their late teens. Sometimes a sixteen or seventeen year old, an adolescent but a biological adult.

This was acceptable up until feminism and the "sexual revolution" changed everything. When men go for younger women it became "unacceptable" according to feminists. Today most girls in their late teens or early twenties don't want too much of an age difference. Even some girls age eighteen don't want a man age twenty.

In feminist countries men that ask out or date a sixteen year old or seventeen year old are doing so with the risk of being charged with statutory rape, jail time, and labeled a pedophile. One hundred years ago that wouldn't have happened. Many parents would have been pleased that their daughter found a responsible and financially secure husband to offer her a stable future. Today it's the opposite because of feminism.

In many cases if a thirty year old man told his family and friends he was dating an eighteen year old girl his family and friends would look at him weird, say he was making a mistake, and she wasn't any good. That they were at different stages in life. The girls family and friends would look at her weird, say he was a bad guy and using her, and that she was making a mistake. Can you imagine how the families would react if the girl was seventeen? I commented about this to some relatives about how some men would date a sixteen year old girl, and they quickly said that it was statutory rape and wrong. These relatives aren't even liberal and have conservative American beliefs. Even if the Americans are conservative they still believe components of feminism and how age differences are shamed.

When a woman is a cougar or she is thirty and dating a seventeen year old boy people congratulate her and the boy. Many men say they wish that happened to them but they would be quick to label just the opposite happening as wrong. When Courtney Stodden was sixteen she married a fifty-one year old Doug Hutchinson. Since then Doug Hutchinson was called a pedophile by people including one of his fellow stars almost causing a fight on stage set.

Feminism is one of the main culprits. The second is the government which passes laws to protect feminism. The main reason I would give for the changes is the desire of feminists to try to extend their "lifespan" in the dating market. To do this they make it illegal for men to pursue women when they reach biological maturity and then brainwash younger women in their prime years to ignore stable men by portraying age differences as wrong.

There are a record number of women reaching their late thirties and forties without a husband. Women having children in their late thirties and early forties. So it would make logical sense they want to prevent men from going for the younger women.

I know that men dating younger women ( 30/18 ) is controversial in Western societies and a thirty year old man dating a seventeen year old girl would be illegal. Would old school traditional relationships be acceptable and legal in places like Russia, China, or India? I know the Middle East is very traditional in terms of age differences but I am more interested in knowing how Eastern European, East Asian, and Southern Asian cultures view them because feminism hasn't gained a foothold in those regions.
Great post!!!!
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: How age differences changed under feminism

Post by MrMan »

Tsar wrote:
January 26th, 2013, 6:46 pm

I saw some stats, and average ages of (first) marriage in the 1800's wasn't that far off from these days. But I also looked up some family tree stuff and my great-grand father married my great-grandmother when she was 15. I suspect the stigma was not there so much back then. But Jerry Lee Lewis married a 13-year-old (third cousin, and I just read, while he was married to someone else), and that was not well accepted in 1938 and ruined his career. Age might have been a part of it. But she was 13, not 16.

I don't think it is necessarily the sexual revolution than caused this. After the sexual revolution, it became more widespread for teenagers and other people to have sex outside of marriage. Feminism wants to protect women as weak helpless victims of men on the one hand while claiming that they are just as strong, powerful, etc. as men. They want to protect little girls from being exploited by older men, and maybe some of it has to do with older women protecting their dating prospects. Divorce also increased with feminism and the sexual revolution. The divorced older women may get upset about a man not choosing someone their own age.

If I were single and looking, why would I want a woman who looks as old like me? :) I don't mind if a 30-year-old 50-year-old, etc., marries an 18-year-old. Marriage, if rightly done, is a holy thing, and I don't want to disparage other people's marriages based on nothing. If neither of them had married, no one left their spouse and married another, her father agrees, etc., and it is done right, why should I be opposed to it?

Of course, I don't have a problem with a woman having a man basically in charge of her life all the way through, her father when she is a young girl, and her husband when she is a young woman. That's another thing liberal feminist women may not like about it, that she doesn't have a wild time of freedom to 'discover herself' while she rides the carnal carousel with multiple partners. But it is possible for a girl not to get married at 16 or 18 and not indulge in fornication. In fact, there may be a benefit to marrying a girl who has been tested this way, going off to work or to college and abstaining from fornication because she loves God and it is the right thing to do and because she has respect for her future husband. If that is a woman's mindset, cheating with the mail man or some man at the office later on might be a much bigger deal to her than it would to the girl who sampled a different dude whenever she got drunk at a bar in college.
The dating culture might have started in the cities by 1921. I suspect in the country there were still some more traditional ways of meeting men and getting to know each other, and maybe parents were more involved. If you went to date a 16 or 17 year old, you could go the traditional route and let her parents know beforehand. As far as I know, the US and England still follow some sort of law, and dating is not considered rape. It's only statutory rape if you have sex with her. If you don't, it's not rape. It's possible you could date a psycho who accuses you of rape when you did not have sex.
What's wrong here is the culture has degraded and fornication has become so widespread that they assume that if you are dating you are having sex.

Girls can look good at 16, though a bit immature looking sometimes, but they still look good at 18, and most of them look good until their 30's before they start to wrinkle and show their age. A 25-year-old woman is still in the prime years for looks. All this is assuming she doesn't get fat or face some extenuating circumstances that affect her peak looks, and of course on what she looks like. If you obsess over her being 16-year-old, then when she get older, do you betray that sweet faithful wife you married as a virgin? If you could marry a 16-year-old, why not an 18-year-old.
When a woman is a cougar or she is thirty and dating a seventeen year old boy people congratulate her and the boy. Many men say they wish that happened to them but they would be quick to label just the opposite happening as wrong.
This seems unrealistic to me. I don't know of anyone telling cougars 'way to go.' Some men with perverted senses of sexuality (maybe most American men) might think a boy was lucky to be having sex if the woman were pretty. But still society does not sanction it. They just don't come down nearly as hard on a pretty 30-year-old if the boy is close to 18. If he's 15, she probably still gets a lighter sentence than a man. They still try women for this. It's often a teacher-student relationship and they come down on it for that reason.
When Courtney Stodden was sixteen she married a fifty-one year old Doug Hutchinson. Since then Doug Hutchinson was called a pedophile by people including one of his fellow stars almost causing a fight on stage set.
I looked them up. I had seen a couple of his movies. I didn't remember his face or his name. But the press says they are getting a divorce. She really looks like the stereotypical beautiful blond wife.
That might be part of the unconscious subtle motivation that they do not think through. I think feminisms contribution is seeing men as the enemy, women as perpetual victims of men, while also claiming to hold the the contradictory view that women are just as capable and tough as men.
I know that men dating younger women ( 30/18 ) is controversial in Western societies and a thirty year old man dating a seventeen year old girl would be illegal.
This is an old thread that got bumped. So are you about 38? If your tastes when up a year as you aged, those 15-year-olds back then would be 23 now. Some judgey women might sneer, but they wouldn't have any legal grounds, and it might be considered rude to the girl to call you a pedophile. You can say you robbed the cradle as a joke and they'd probably laugh with you.

Do most men give men who are close to 40 a nasty look to see them with a 20-something? I don't. If neither of them has been married, her dad agrees, and especially if they are both virgins, it's a beautiful thing. Marriage is honorable in all and the bed undefiled, or as it might also be translated there in Hebrews 13, let marriage be honorable in all and the bed undefiled.
Would old school traditional relationships be acceptable and legal in places like Russia, China, or India? I know the Middle East is very traditional in terms of age differences but I am more interested in knowing how Eastern European, East Asian, and Southern Asian cultures view them because feminism hasn't gained a foothold in those regions.
I lived in Indonesia. I occasionally saw age-gap marriages. It is not all that common for there to be a large age-gap. A girl in her 20's marrying a man in his 30's is not scandalous as far as I know. I don't know about teens marrying like that. I heard some of the farmers marry girls off in their teens. My wife's family are from a rural village near a resort town that is a regional resort that the government is trying to grow into something bigger. They are still pretty traditional. I don't know about any of them marrying off girls as teens. 23 seems to be prime age for girls to get married, and it seems like a lot of them get married within a few years of that, either before or after that point in life.

I have seen an older expat or two with a younger Indonesian woman. It is not all that common, but it happens.