Does money buy you happiness?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Does money buy you happiness?

Post by Banano »

Tom Leykis is spot on..

We need more ppl like him. Wish he becomes president one day :D

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

polya
Junior Poster

indeed it does buy happiness.

Post by polya »

Indeed it does buy happiness. Guys need to stop chasing American women completely & live like an illegal immigrant - squirrel away money to start a happy life in another country.
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

He is multi milionaire and according to him he gets lots of young hot p***y?

are they regular or hookers
smallcheese
Freshman Poster

Post by smallcheese »

It doesn't matter if they're regular or hookers. Who cares?

Money buys you the freedom to do what you want, whenever you want it. Without answering to anyone else. For many men, that freedom IS happiness!
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

smallcheese wrote:It doesn't matter if they're regular or hookers. Who cares?

Money buys you the freedom to do what you want, whenever you want it. Without answering to anyone else. For many men, that freedom IS happiness!
Basically, if you're in good health and you don't obsess over owning high mark up toys (or if super rich, companies :wink: ), then money most definitely buys happiness.

There's nothing more pathetic than the modern day wage slave, who lives to pay his mortgage and whose idea of taking a vacation is going to the neighborhood Chili's for a value meal, after renting a movie. That's basically the middle class life because for the most part, companies don't want people taking vacations and doing their hobbies. Instead, they want you to think about work, during your off hours, to enhance their productivity.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Tom's had plenty of gfs and prefers Latina women. He's also been married a shitload of times, so he knows it from both perspectives.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Why you posting what Tom Leykis says as gospel? A twice divorced, fat white guy of all things? Yeah go ahead and listen him. I agree with about 60% of what he says but as I have said before, his listener base is basically the Libertarian crowd who's worldview is generally upside-down from reality.

A study was done already, after 75K the level of "Happiness" flat-lines. As Biggie said "More Money More Problems". Look at Mitt Rommey who can't seem to run away from his Corporate Raider Image and often makes mistakes while trying to relate to "common folk".

When I become wealthy as I believe I will someday, I will not constantly re-enforce an image of wealth, all that is asking for is trouble. Look at any recent lottery winners.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

smallcheese wrote:It doesn't matter if they're regular or hookers. Who cares?

Freedom to be alone when your old? I guess...

What else do you wanna do when you climbed the highest mountain, surfed in dangerous waters and stood on the podium at the Le Mans 24hrs???

A ticket on Virgin Space Lines perhaps?
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

djfourmoney wrote:Why you posting what Tom Leykis says as gospel? A twice divorced, fat white guy of all things? Yeah go ahead and listen him. I agree with about 60% of what he says but as I have said before, his listener base is basically the Libertarian crowd who's worldview is generally upside-down from reality.

A study was done already, after 75K the level of "Happiness" flat-lines. As Biggie said "More Money More Problems". Look at Mitt Rommey who can't seem to run away from his Corporate Raider Image and often makes mistakes while trying to relate to "common folk".

When I become wealthy as I believe I will someday, I will not constantly re-enforce an image of wealth, all that is asking for is trouble. Look at any recent lottery winners.
I believe the lottery winners and such, have the Anna Nicole Smith syndrome of being disaster prone, drama queens. Thus, my sister is clearly not ready for any modicum of wealth coming her way.

Romney, having never done a good job, aside from being a corporate raider/hatchet man, is trying to cement his resume by putting President, as his final role in life. The reason why he can't run away from this identity is because ... that's what he is on the inside.

And as for Leykis, he's his own animal for better or worse.

What I'd like to know if what prevents a rich person from doing exercise, studying martial arts (but now, one-on-one with an expert), starting his own research and development center, owning a brothel in Australia (for getaways down under), playing several instruments, and learning languages like our own Ladislav (or President Jefferson before him). There's a lot one can do, not having to work for a living.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

S_Parc wrote:
Basically, if you're in good health and you don't obsess over owning high mark up toys (or if super rich, companies :wink: ), then money most definitely buys happiness.

There's nothing more pathetic than the modern day wage slave, who lives to pay his mortgage and whose idea of taking a vacation is going to the neighborhood Chili's for a value meal, after renting a movie. That's basically the middle class life because for the most part, companies don't want people taking vacations and doing their hobbies. Instead, they want you to think about work, during your off hours, to enhance their productivity.
I did some research, and over here in United States, Americans only get 2 weeks of vacation!

That is insane. Why do Americans put up with such short vacation time, say, apposed to people who live in Europe who get a up to MONTH off? Americans need to riot in the streets over this simple aspect of vacation time alone!

As a matter of fact, this is one of the reasons why so few Americans have passports (something as little as 3 million out of 300 million); they simply don't have the time to go anywhere even if they make enough money to fund international travel!
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

djfourmoney wrote:Why you posting what Tom Leykis says as gospel? A twice divorced, fat white guy of all things? Yeah go ahead and listen him.
You sound just like a recent guy who I was trying to help and give advice.

Story short, this guy I know is really interested in a female acquaintance that we both know who has 2 kids and is currently involved with other men.

This guy has a kid of his own (he's a single dad) and I was trying to explain to him the reality of taking on a single mom with 2 kids AND deal with her baby daddy.

I told him about Tom Leykis, and before he even listened to any of his shows, he asked me if Tom was ever married and so forth. I told him a brief background on Tom, and this guy then barks back at me that he really should not listen to Tom because he had prior failed relationships.

All I can do at this point is laugh that the guy could be so close minded.

You figure, just because somebody went though a divorce, that does not mean it was their fault, number one, and number two, people who have gone though a divorce are not failures. What's up with that? People are not "failures" simply because they chose to go their separate ways! That like me telling you that you're a failure just because you quit your job. It makes no sense.

As far as Tom's weight, as a mid range, seeking to be an elite athlete, I don't give a 2 s**** about Tom's weight because it has no relevance to the discussion.

In fact, I can go into any industry (i.e.,sports coaching, engineering, engine building, aerospace, ect) and find overweight men who are hugely successful and are pioneers in their respective fields.

Lets take sports for example, it has been talked about on coaching forums that the more successful a coach tends to be, the more so he's out of shape himself. It probably has something to do with all the time they spend THINKING, PLANNING and worrying about other people instead of thinking about themselves.

Take a look at these 2 hugely successful coaches. One Coaches Asafa Powell (former 100m world record holder) and the other Usain Bolt (fastest man in the word).

C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

Of course money can buy happiness. :D But Mr. Leykis is a mouthpiece. An idol. What did the bible tell you guys about idols? ;)

However, western money will mostly buy you misery. That's because long story short, the elite have already tied bad luck to federal reserve/western banknotes. Making them in layman's terms, cursed talismans. This is why people who don't usually deal with these notes(and usually worship the big red man down under), become richer and happier and why people who get lots of money on paper deal with all kinds of BS. Biggie Smalls was referring more or less, to that situation.

That's why people need to recognize what the money is actually buying them.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Only 2 weeks off a year?
That sucks, I get 4 weeks with an option to buy another 4....which I always do of course.

8 weeks off should be standard,
I dont understand you guys should riot against lawmakers, so many guns you guys have and yet everyone lives in fear.

Thats insane 50 weeks you slave to get 2 weeks only
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

NorthAmericanguy wrote:I told him about Tom Leykis, and before he even listened to any of his shows, he asked me if Tom was ever married and so forth. I told him a brief background on Tom, and this guy then barks back at me that he really should not listen to Tom because he had prior failed relationships.

All I can do at this point is laugh that the guy could be so close minded.

You figure, just because somebody went though a divorce, that does not mean it was their fault, number one, and number two, people who have gone though a divorce are not failures. What's up with that? People are not "failures" simply because they chose to go their separate ways! That like me telling you that you're a failure just because you quit your job. It makes no sense.
Well, part of the thing here is that Leykis is seen as a lifestyle coach of sorts and thus, his overall image is a part of the package.

On a more mainstream note, would Dr Oz be the type of TV success story he is, if he were wrinkled, out-of-shape, balding, but a genius on anti-oxidants, red wine extracts, and vitamins in general? I don't think so. Ultimately, looking like that would get him the *eccentric* label which would make him more a book seller type than the pseudo-Medical TV Surgeon General-ist for mainstreamers.

So while the key sports coach has a targeted crowd, where his image per se doesn't matter, the lifestyle coach needs to foment an image. That's partly why you see Deepak Chopra, in a suit & tie, instead of looking like the Indian Sitar Guru because that's the image he's portraying to contemporary society, despite selling a product which was formerly in the arena of mystical seekers and ashram goers.

I think if Leykis was built like an Adonis and simply traveled the globe, blogging his experiences, and being this sort of 007/Indiana Jones character, then I think he'd probably attract a lot of interest of guys that want to be just like him.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Banano wrote:Only 2 weeks off a year?
That sucks, I get 4 weeks with an option to buy another 4....which I always do of course.

8 weeks off should be standard,
I dont understand you guys should riot against lawmakers, so many guns you guys have and yet everyone lives in fear.

Thats insane 50 weeks you slave to get 2 weeks only
And don't forget, no legal brothels (outside of the NV desert).

Ultimately, I'd gladly choose living in Australia over the USA, any day. The parlours you have, esp in Sydney/Melbourne, is something none of my local friends believe.

If I were a millionaire, like Leykis, I'd buy myself an investor/business visa, and move Down Under. I'd start a research group, adjacent to Univ of Sydney; get myself a VIP membership at a place like Stiletto's, and live the rich American dream but in Australia. I honestly can't understand multimillionaires wasting their lives in lame cities like NYC and LA, when they can live anywhere in the world.