News Article: Why American Empire Was Destined to Collapse

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
steve55
Junior Poster

News Article: Why American Empire Was Destined to Collapse

Post by steve55 »

http://www.alternet.org/world/154453/wh ... _collapse/

Everything talked about in this article matches everything we talk about here at Happier Abroad. I found this article and at http://www.dailymail.co.uk/ushome/index.html . This mail online news source based out of UK has a more true slant on world news and doesn't coddle the politically correct new fags of America who cant handle anything that puts America in a bad light. This news site is also where I found this gem of an article that shed light about American woman http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... sness.html

It talks about how dumb the average American is and my favorite take away from this article is "Americans simply cannot tolerate, cannot even hear, fundamental critiques of America. IQ has very little to do with it. In an ontological sense, they simply cannot bear it. And if this is true for the “best and the brightest,â€￾ then what does this say for the rest of us?"

Man, there is a ton of shit in this article that backs up winston's points and I'm going to incorporate it into our research section of the site.

Good day gents
Camp38
Freshman Poster

Post by Camp38 »

Thank you for this article. I generally keep abreast of all such subversive critiques of everything Americanism. There seems to be such an abundance lately, one can not ignore these facts. It also generally helps me reinforce my convictions while I complete my liquidation phase and remain motivated in my political/economic decision to move outside this American matrix. This was a great article because he addressed the whole cognitive dissonance that 99% of Americans exhibit - The unfortunate mental blindness to see or hear anything negative in terms of the social and political fabric of the country. I have read so many counter-articles that reinforce this countries decline. Yet I can NOT honestly say in all my conversations with people in the USA, that anyone seemed enlightened or in panic mode enough to have some proactive plan.....they are business as usual in living in the closed box that is their isolated materialistic lives.

READ this whole article as it makes perfect sense and avoids all the depressing statistics that you will find on many similar articles on the declining jobs, increasing education costs, devaluing assets, illegal imperialistic wars of aggression or even the continued police state laws being enacted. What he does divulge is the core of the sick social mentality behind American non-culture that seems to be in it's final stages of existence. Case in point, from the article/interview which I believe, mimics much of what many forum members here have not only stated but also experienced first hand. From the interview:

http://www.alternet.org/world/154453/wh ... _collapse/

NP: Finally, you moved to Mexico a number of years ago. Is all this why? Do you ever see yourself coming back to America?

MB: There are a lot of answers to that question, and yes, some of the reasons can be found in the above dialogue. You know, the air is really “thinâ€￾ in the United States, because the value-system is one-dimensional. It’s basically about economic and technological expansion, not much else; the “elseâ€￾ exists at the margins, if it exists at all. I first discovered this when I traveled around Europe in my mid-20s. I saw that the citizens of those countries talked about lots of things, not just about material success. Money is of course important to the citizens of other countries, Mexico included, but it’s not necessarily the center of their lives.

Here’s what the US lacks, which I believe Mexico has: community, friendship, appreciation of beauty, craftsmanship as opposed to obsessive technology, and—despite what you read in the American newspapers—huge graciousness; a large, beating heart. I never found very much of those things in the US; certainly, I never found much heart. American cities and suburbs have to be the most soulless places in the world. In a word, America has its priorities upside down, and after decades of living there, I was simply tired of being a stranger in a strange land. In A General Theory of Love, Thomas Lewis and his colleagues conclude that happiness is achieved only by those who manage to escape the American value-system. Well, the easiest way to escape from that value-system, is to escape from America.
polya
Junior Poster

Post by polya »

Here's my favourite quote: "Here’s what the US lacks, which I believe Mexico has: community, friendship, appreciation of beauty, craftsmanship as opposed to obsessive technology, and—despite what you read in the American newspapers—huge graciousness; a large, beating heart. I never found very much of those things in the US; certainly, I never found much heart. American cities and suburbs have to be the most soulless places in the world."
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder