What the hell is a feminist dad?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

What the hell is a feminist dad?

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

I was looking at the blog of a woman named Justine Musk. She was once the wife of the multi millionaire and founder of pay pal Elon Musk.

Anyhow, I was getting a kick out of reading all the as% kissing comments from people who read her blog (mostly women) but was taken back when a few men chimed in to leave their thoughts. These kind of guys are pure manginas and they don't even realize that they are enslaving themselves all while fueling problem that we already have with American women:

"I am a feminist Dad raising 2 bright, articulate, confident, self-aware girls. My eldest is now working on her master’s degree in Pharmacology, which she will receive next year at the age of 21. She has a bumper sticker that says “Well-behaved women seldom make history� and she has always blazed her own trail where none existed as a strong young woman.

I love this post, and have tried to instill many of the beliefs espoused by Justine in my girls. I grew up rebelling against societal norms and I found it even more important to teach my kids to think outside the box, because for American girls, the box is largely invalid. I know we live in a sexist culture, and I chose to teach my girls to defy it.

The fact that society still has these weak expectations of women actually works to the benefit of those who choose to ignore and exceed them. I have always told my girls that tenacity, self confidence and self-sufficiency give you the power to set your own goals and achieve them. Also, that if they understand the biases that exist without acquiescing to them, they can even use them to occasional advantage. I don’t think that strong successful women actually need to fight to change the system, unless they choose that as their calling and it gives them fulfillment. But by just living a successful life of achievement, whatever that may be, these women are already changing the system from within, and that is change that will last."

hXXp://tribalwriter.com/2011/08/24/powerful-woman/
well-informed
Freshman Poster

Post by well-informed »

Manginas need to have their balls cut off, for the benefit of society