How easy is it to get hired at a temp agency?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: How easy is it to get hired at a temp agency?

Post by Cornfed »

Winston wrote:It was one decade ago. Yeah. I'm just relating my experience. I see no logical reason why what I said should be any different today.
The logical reason is that men are being phased out of the workforce, and the scum are able to do this since the necessary workforce consists of fewer and fewer people due to outsourcing and automation.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock,
Another thing to keep in mind is that I got a lot of those temp jobs in Bellingham, WA. Many people there are pot smoking hippies and degenerates. Or college students who can only work part time. Also, Washington state in general is full of flaky people who don't show up for work or follow through. So I didn't have much competition in getting the jobs. So location matters, even in the US.

Also, the last time I worked at a temp job was 2006. So it wasn't as long ago as you thought. It was easy and I only worked 4 days a week showing people at a homeowners trade show a system for converting a room or basement into a soundproof entertainment room.

I did get temp jobs in Seattle and San Francisco, but not with a temp agency. I got them through an acting agency, aka talent agency. Marketing agencies contract with talent agencies to recruit wannabe to stand on the street and pass out flyers or hand out free samples of a new product. There was plenty of work there, but it's usually in big cities. It was easy work, and lots of people will take a free sample of cereal or new shampoo sachet. And we got paid $10 an hour, with no tax deducted, as we are classified as independent contractors.

So this is another type of temp work that you can get, but they usually recruit through talent agencies. If you are in Seattle, you can contact my promotion agency directly, rather than going through a talent agency, by Googling "Events and Promotions Seattle" to find their website and phone number. The owners are Tom and Alexis. If you call them, you can go in and register to do promotional work. It's easy and fun. And they might pay more than $10 an hour now since wages have gone up in America.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
ezinho
Freshman Poster

Post by ezinho »

lozoman wrote:I recently just got laid off from my job and I'm trying to look for another one. In a blog, Winston mentions applying at temp agencies to make money. Due to today's recession, it's quite hard to get employment. But how hard/easy is it to get hired at a temp agency?

First off, I actually think the economy is doing pretty well right now; I would say it's the strongest it has been in the last seven years or so. This may be the best time since the great recession to get hired.

Having said that, I think temp agencies are a good way to get your foot in the door at a new company, or even in a new industry. If you have a real estate license, I know a couple agencies that are looking for people in the bay area, mostly the east bay. Send me a PM if you're interested.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

ezinho wrote:
lozoman wrote:I recently just got laid off from my job and I'm trying to look for another one. In a blog, Winston mentions applying at temp agencies to make money. Due to today's recession, it's quite hard to get employment. But how hard/easy is it to get hired at a temp agency?

First off, I actually think the economy is doing pretty well right now; I would say it's the strongest it has been in the last seven years or so. This may be the best time since the great recession to get hired.

Having said that, I think temp agencies are a good way to get your foot in the door at a new company, or even in a new industry. If you have a real estate license, I know a couple agencies that are looking for people in the bay area, mostly the east bay. Send me a PM if you're interested.
Yeah I heard that the dollar is at its strongest now. So much for all the dollar is gonna crash predictions.

I think the OP is looking for temp jobs to save up money to go overseas. Not a temp to permanent position. Our objective is to get out of America after all, not become permanently enslaved in it.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Winston wrote:I'm relating my real life experiences. It's better than speculating that everything has gotten worse due to a negative or cynical mindset without evidence.
+1
If you have a pulse and are relatively pot free, you'll find something to do in America
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?