No one ever talks about Samoa, or traveling to any polyonesian countries.

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

No one ever talks about Samoa, or traveling to any polyonesian countries.

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

So, how come no one ever mentions Samoa? And has anyone ever been there before? I don't know if there are more than one Polynesian country, but I do know there use to be a lot of Samoan people in California in Sacramento back in the 90s. Don't know what their population numbers are now. People never talk about the women either, I know like black women they had a reputation for being kind of "rough" and big. I did look up Tonga and saw on some travel guide where it said

Toga is an archipelago consisting of 169 islands from which only 36 are populated, located in the southern Pacific Ocean.
Far back in history with the injection of the Western population on the islands the culture of the inhabitants has been dramatically influenced and as a result, most of their traditions have been thrown away and other new have been adapted instead, which are interesting to be discovered.

I was disappointed about the part where it mentioned they were heavily Western influenced and all their traditions have been eradicated and thrown away because of this...I really have no interest in any country at all where the people betrayed their own culture and replaced it with Western values. That's always depressing to learn about when you read into a country. I mean, why travel to any country let alone live there if they adopt Western values or is influenced by the West in any way? You might as well not even go there.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: No one ever talks about Samoa, or traveling to any polyonesian countries.

Post by Cornfed »

I visited Tonga as a kid, but that was a long time ago. As far as I know, they are perfectly good holiday destinations for swimming and such. Some of the young women are hot in a big, scary sort of way. People over the age of 35 tend to be morbidly obese. Probably you wouldn't have any problem with violence if you didn't provoke any. If you did get drunk and start anything, expect the crap to be beaten out of you. They tend to mostly be big, strong, know how to fight, and punching them in the head hurts your hand.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Cornfed wrote:
January 9th, 2023, 7:27 pm
I visited Tonga as a kid, but that was a long time ago. As far as I know, they are perfectly good holiday destinations for swimming and such. Some of the young women are hot in a big, scary sort of way. People over the age of 35 tend to be morbidly obese. Probably you wouldn't have any problem with violence if you didn't provoke any. If you did get drunk and start anything, expect the crap to be beaten out of you. They tend to mostly be big, strong, know how to fight, and punching them in the head hurts your hand.
Well I would never start fights regardless where I'm at, I know they are quite big in size because even when I was in Elementary school, some of them were big for school age kids, the girls were quite tall. I'm just interested in places that haven't been Americanized at all, or at least somewhere people resist it to some extent. I don't want to visit any place that feels like I'm still in the West with the exception that the people I'm around are just a different racial makeup but still imitate the Western way. But you said something about being morbidly obese, so that does sound similar to what we have here in the West.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

WanderingProtagonist wrote:
January 9th, 2023, 8:53 pm
But you said something about being morbidly obese, so that does sound similar to what we have here in the West.
Over a certain age, they are even worse than the West for obesity. Much worse in fact.
Kalinago
Junior Poster

Post by Kalinago »

Pacific islands culture is really good but I know Kiribati is cheap but too under developed with frequent floods?
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I saw a lot of Samoans in Hawaii. A Samoan told a joke, "What do you call a Samoan on the moon?" "A Lunar Eclipse."

I think I saw one Samoan woman that was kind of attractive in the face, but sort of too big and big boned. I don't have anything against them as people, but just didn't see a lot of pretty Samoan woman. I'd probably think the same about most Polynesians for my perceptions personally.

Samoans do have their own culture, their own food, their own language. There was been influence by the US, but that doesn't mean they have no culture of their own. There is also American Samoa, too. I'm not sure if it is a whole island or part of an island.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Cornfed wrote:
January 9th, 2023, 9:00 pm
WanderingProtagonist wrote:
January 9th, 2023, 8:53 pm
But you said something about being morbidly obese, so that does sound similar to what we have here in the West.
Over a certain age, they are even worse than the West for obesity. Much worse in fact.
:lol: damn, well at least I know now.