Why Is Expat Media So Wrong About the USA?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
rudder
Junior Poster

Why Is Expat Media So Wrong About the USA?

Post by rudder »

Have you ever noticed how biased expat-oriented alternative media is slanted against the USA? Sure, we all went to find greener pastures, and I think we could give a pass to most people on this forum, because women usually are better outside the western world.

That said, I feel most of the negativity I hear about the USA in expat-oriented media is unjustified.
The Dollar Vigilante, and The Expat Files are good examples. Unfortunately, I'm guilty myself of this mentality. I made a number of life-decisions thinking that the USA was going to implode "any day now." You listen to the alternative media and there always seems to be the spectre of a famine looming just around the corner in a place like the USA.

The UK just reversed a lot of their Covid-1984 tactics, and the US Supreme Court blocked the Biden Mandate, but the alternative media won't get out the pom-poms, because they would never suggest that life in a place like the USA might be better in any way. It flies in the face of their narrative that their 3rd world shithole is more free.

You want to move to South America where most countries are plowing forward with their national vaccine programs right now? Want to go to the market or the bank? Papers please! Compare that with a place like Texas where no one gives a shit. This Covid-1984 is a global agenda, and any country that has acheived a victory (no matter how big or small) against this agenda deserves to be congratulated.

Unless you're someone like Nomad Capitalist or his target audience of 7 or 8-figure entrepreneurs, I would argue that it makes more sense for you to stay in the USA. As annoying as the culture is, being a worker there is better than most places in the world. The competition is not very stiff nowadays either. Lots of places are looking for workers. And most people now are too entitled to take advantage of the opportunities.

Just as one example, the USA is the best place in the world to be a truck driver. No where pays better. I've looked into it. If you want to be a worker, there are so many opportunities there. You can live on the cheap for years, work a job and come out ahead. Other countries work you waaay harder and pay you peanuts. The UAE, for example, is about to create their first minimum wage law. Ever!

Unless your net worth is in the millions and you have a good idea how to invest, then you should just stay put. International living makes more sense when you've got your shit together. Build your net worth, then move. Capitalize on the geo-arbitrage, get a 2nd citizenship, renounce your US citizenship and set-up residence in a tax haven. Otherwise, insisting on living outside the USA will be more likely to cause unnecessary hardship in your life.

Anyway, I know lots of exceptions to my argument are going to jump on me. That's fine, but you should really only move abroad, because you have a tangible justification as to why it will advance your life. Just going abroad because "American women suck" or other cliched comments like "can't tolerate the toxic culture" is not sufficient justification in my opinion. Sure it can be a motivating factor, but you better have a solid plan to land on your feet.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why Is Expat Media So Wrong About the USA?

Post by jamesbond »

Most of the job openings in the USA are lowing paying service jobs (retail, fast food, restaurant jobs). It's still very difficult to find a good paying job (even if you have a college degree). There are 11 million college graduates in America with degrees in computer programming and engineering who can't find a job.

There really is no 'labor shortage' like the media likes to talk about, what there really is, is a shortage of good paying jobs.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

jamesbond wrote:
January 30th, 2022, 8:34 am
Most of the job openings in the USA are lowing paying service jobs (retail, fast food, restaurant jobs). It's still very difficult to find a good paying job (even if you have a college degree). There are 11 million college graduates in America with degrees in computer programming and engineering who can't find a job.

There really is no 'labor shortage' like the media likes to talk about, what there really is, is a shortage of good paying jobs.
This is correct. I've noticed that people outside of the IT industry seems to think that the IT industry is this magical industry where the job are all super and easy to get. There are super jobs if you can get them. If you can get them. It is not easy to get a job in computer programming today even when you have the skills and experience.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

flowerthief00 wrote:
January 30th, 2022, 9:39 am
If you can get them. It is not easy to get a job in computer programming today even when you have the skills and experience.
Based on my limited experience with Atari BASIC, Apple BASIC, R, and SAS programming, it would also have to be a horrifically frustrating, tedious, and boring job... at least for me. Doing a few light things isn't so bad, but troubleshooting pages of code would have to be impossibly frustrating torture.

It's probably good for the right kind of guy.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

MrMan wrote:
January 30th, 2022, 1:48 pm
flowerthief00 wrote:
If you can get them. It is not easy to get a job in computer programming today even when you have the skills and experience.
Based on my limited experience with Atari BASIC, Apple BASIC, R, and SAS programming, it would also have to be a horrifically frustrating, tedious, and boring job... at least for me. Doing a few light things isn't so bad, but troubleshooting pages of code would have to be impossibly frustrating torture.

It's also not a practical job and I personally don't like things that aren't practical. Practical as in almost anyone in 1980 and earlier could easily learn without much guidance and lengthy, specialized education.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Tsar wrote:
January 30th, 2022, 1:54 pm
MrMan wrote:
flowerthief00 wrote:

It's also not a practical job and I personally don't like things that aren't practical. Practical as in almost anyone in 1980 and earlier could easily learn without much guidance and lengthy, specialized education.
Why don't you get 'practical job' and start working toward getting some training to do a 'practical job' that pays a bit better. There are certificate courses. I spoke with a community college director whose school had a two-week course to learn to climb cell towers and repair or install components on them. The starting salary was in the 40's. There are also less physically demanding positions that require a short course of study and/or passing a test, like insurance sales, real estate sales, import broker, etc.

I thought you wrote something about having mad hacking skills. Wouldn't you have to know some programming to do that sort of thing? It's a field with great opportunities if you get into it. I was talking to this lady who said she'd gone to MIT for engineering, Northeastern for nursing who had accumulated other degrees. She went to a technical college for cybersecurity and said grads with a 2-year certificate were getting $90k, and those with bachelors were getting $150K. This was months ago. I'd expect that to last for a short time and then settle into a decent-paying field with the higher salaries reserved for the more educated and experienced. But again, it's a tedious computer job, I'd imagine.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Tsar wrote:
MrMan wrote:
flowerthief00 wrote:

Why don't you get 'practical job' and start working toward getting some training to do a 'practical job' that pays a bit better. There are certificate courses. I spoke with a community college director whose school had a two-week course to learn to climb cell towers and repair or install components on them. The starting salary was in the 40's. There are also less physically demanding positions that require a short course of study and/or passing a test, like insurance sales, real estate sales, import broker, etc.

I thought you wrote something about having mad hacking skills. Wouldn't you have to know some programming to do that sort of thing? It's a field with great opportunities if you get into it. I was talking to this lady who said she'd gone to MIT for engineering, Northeastern for nursing who had accumulated other degrees. She went to a technical college for cybersecurity and said grads with a 2-year certificate were getting $90k, and those with bachelors were getting $150K. This was months ago. I'd expect that to last for a short time and then settle into a decent-paying field with the higher salaries reserved for the more educated and experienced. But again, it's a tedious computer job, I'd imagine.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

MrMan wrote:
January 30th, 2022, 2:03 pm
Tsar wrote:
MrMan wrote:
flowerthief00 wrote:

I don't have money for education and I am working on entrepreneurism. I had my chance at life and now it's really up to destiny what happens. I decided months ago that I should be like a leaf in the wind, and wherever the wind takes me is what is just going to be. Less stressful to just not want and not care because then I can't really be disappointed.

I said I had a hacker friend. If I knew how to hack, do you think I would be broke? I would have hacked into somewhere and stolen money of I had mad hacking skills and hacked MMOs to make my characters have everything and I would have hacked into hot girls social media to steal everything. Sadly, I am not skilled at digital stuff as much as others.

I am teaching myself NFTs because my last chance to really make something of my life with a lot of effort and luck is to try to create crypto NFT artwork. That's my ultimate last chance for a good life. If I had millions, I can literally just buy myself a girl and raise her like a daughter until she's old enough to become my wife. I would honestly pay $1,000,000 if I had the money to purchase myself a young girl like Pimi but a Pimi that looks more like Emily Ratajkowski with the DD or F cup boobs, and then when the girl was 14, she becomes my wife. That's why I could do if I was rich because there's almost no one that would not sell their daughter into an arranged marriage for $1,000,000. Especially if they have other children.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Tsar wrote:
January 30th, 2022, 2:59 pm
MrMan wrote:
Tsar wrote:
MrMan wrote:
flowerthief00 wrote:

I don't have money for education and I am working on entrepreneurism. I had my chance at life and now it's really up to destiny what happens. I decided months ago that I should be like a leaf in the wind, and wherever the wind takes me is what is just going to be. Less stressful to just not want and not care because then I can't really be disappointed.
That sounds like a career strategy for a Buddhist monk, but it does not sound very likely to be successful. You could get a job on the bottom rung somewhere, working retail, flipping burgers, washing dishes or whatever you are capable of doing, physically and skill wise, look for free (state funded) or cheap community college courses to get you set up in a new line of work, or save up money to take a career-focused short course.
I am teaching myself NFTs because my last chance to really make something of my life with a lot of effort and luck is to try to create crypto NFT artwork.
I assume NFT is some skill related to crypto art.
That's my ultimate last chance for a good life. If I had millions, I can literally just buy myself a girl and raise her like a daughter until she's old enough to become my wife. I would honestly pay $1,000,000 if I had the money to purchase myself a young girl like Pimi but a Pimi that looks more like Emily Ratajkowski with the DD or F cup boobs, and then when the girl was 14, she becomes my wife. That's why I could do if I was rich because there's almost no one that would not sell their daughter into an arranged marriage for $1,000,000. Especially if they have other children.
What or who is 'Pimi'. I had to look up Emily Ratajkowski, and I can see the appeal for you, except she does not look like a little teenager.

I would not sell you my daughter for a million dollars, even if it were legal to do so. If you did this, and the girl does not like you, then what? You have to live with some girl who resents being human trafficked for the rest of her life?

Why not work on your social skills, build a career, and just meet a youngish-but-legal young woman who wants to get married and start a family young? Why do your plans have to have a Machiavellian twist to them-- human trafficking, drug dealing, stealing, or hacking money?
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Tsar wrote:
January 30th, 2022, 2:59 pm
MrMan wrote:
Tsar wrote:
MrMan wrote:
flowerthief00 wrote:

That sounds like a career strategy for a Buddhist monk, but it does not sound very likely to be successful. You could get a job on the bottom rung somewhere, working retail, flipping burgers, washing dishes or whatever you are capable of doing, physically and skill wise, look for free (state funded) or cheap community college courses to get you set up in a new line of work, or save up money to take a career-focused short course.
I am teaching myself NFTs because my last chance to really make something of my life with a lot of effort and luck is to try to create crypto NFT artwork.
That's my ultimate last chance for a good life. If I had millions, I can literally just buy myself a girl and raise her like a daughter until she's old enough to become my wife. I would honestly pay $1,000,000 if I had the money to purchase myself a young girl like Pimi but a Pimi that looks more like Emily Ratajkowski with the DD or F cup boobs, and then when the girl was 14, she becomes my wife. That's why I could do if I was rich because there's almost no one that would not sell their daughter into an arranged marriage for $1,000,000. Especially if they have other children.
What or who is 'Pimi'. I had to look up Emily Ratajkowski, and I can see the appeal for you, except she does not look like a little teenager.

I would not sell you my daughter for a million dollars, even if it were legal to do so. If you did this, and the girl does not like you, then what? You have to live with some girl who resents being human trafficked for the rest of her life?

Why not work on your social skills, build a career, and just meet a youngish-but-legal young woman who wants to get married and start a family young? Why do your plans have to have a Machiavellian twist to them-- human trafficking, drug dealing, stealing, or hacking money?
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

MrMan wrote:
January 31st, 2022, 10:52 am

I tried that. I never got hired any anything whether it was a good job in America or a bottom job. I dropped out of American society after realizing I wouldn't ever have a life in that country. Never going back. My time in that country is a tragic, wretched past that I won't ever look back upon.
Yes. I am going to buy myself equipment to make it easier when I have money and then when I finish, I will launch it when I have more money.
A Pimi is a girl like Kristina Pimenova but I want her to have the body of Emily Ratajkowski (who was a DD or F cup at 13 or 14). Pimi is probably A cup, small B cup max. I really don't want girls with small boobs for relationships. Good B cups are the minimum for me to really consider a girl. No maximum if the girl is thin and her boobs are natural.
No social skills will compensate for me being terrible at speaking. My career is being entrepreneur. I have no career potential because I already had my chance at life. If I was mute, it wouldn't be too much worse than how I am now. Being mute might actually make me get more sympathy and likes. I can't win or succeed at anything if I play fair when life is unfair and the rules are unfair. I won't commit to a girl if she's not a virgin. I don't want a girl if she's too old or too independent. I won't win if I play fair because I never win against competition. I legitimately quit MMOs and multiplayer video games being pissed about others getting good items but I have the same terrible luck doing things 20 times with zero good items myself and the rules always changing to make things more difficult. Finally decided that I was done. Couldn't tolerate it anymore. If I don't feel rewarded and that what I want is reasonably attainable with honest effort or underhanded cheating, I won't participate because it's a waste of time to engage in futile actions.