Why is bullying and victim blaming such a HUGE problem in America?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Tamingstrange
Freshman Poster

Why is bullying and victim blaming such a HUGE problem in America?

Post by Tamingstrange »

I've noticed this for many years, but I really must ask: Why is bullying and victim blaming such a huge problem in American society?

In many instances you will get a genuine introverted person, in other words, a person who is the polar opposite of most phony, immoral and egotistical Americans. They will be constantly berated, ostracize, humiliated and viciously bullied by their peers simply for being "different." In most instances, the victims of this abuse end up having long-term psychological and emotional issues. Others end up taking their own lives, and a few of them go crazy and go on a shooting spree murdering thier tormentors and numerous people. And God forbid the bully victim tries to put any blame on their tormentors or society at all, they will be chewed out big time for this, because apparently in America, EVERYTHING is your fault and EVERYTHING is a choice. So technically you deserve to be bullied. When the victim does go on a mass shooting spree, instead of the tormentors, as well as the rest of society self reflecting in thinking: "Maybe we pushed him too far" What the hell did we expect? we pushed and pushed and pushed. It was only a matter of time before he reached their breaking point." Maybe if we didn't treat him so badly it wouldn't have come to this. We kind of brought this on ourselves." "What happened that caused this behavior and how can we prevent it."

Instead, they think things like: "I always knew he was crazy and would do that sooner or later." "He was a pathetic, thin skinned, incel who couldn't take it." "He was just pissed off because he couldn't get laid. What a loser."

The media crucifies them and brands then as being inherently and irredeemably evil monsters. They never entertain the possibility that they started out as normal people and were made this way from years of constant abuse. Make no mistake I am not excusing their actions, I just feel that a lot of times, there are reasons for people going on murder sprees. Instances like this also seem to pretty much be the norm in America, while it rarely ever happens anywhere else, so what does that tell you?? I highly doubt every one of those shooters are a bunch of trigger-happy psychos.

My theory is that the majority of Americans are just a bunch of heartless sociopaths with a "Never my Fault" mentality. Whenever they do something wrong, they never own up to it, take responsibility and feel guilt. They always find a way to shift the blame on someone else, especially the victims that they torment. They just don't seem to have the compassion and empathy to understand that everyone has their breaking point you can only push someone so far. This society seems to be all about building yourself up by tearing others down and always trying to one-up other people. They are about refusing to accept anything that is even slightly different, and instead treat it with contempt cruelty. They also have a tendency to blame people for things that are completely beyond their control. Bullying seems to be EVERYWHERE. Schools, the workplace, internet forums. The whole thing is just so toxic an evil and it makes me very furious.
HappyGuy

Re: Why is bullying and victim blaming such a HUGE problem in America?

Post by HappyGuy »

Tamingstrange wrote:
November 2nd, 2020, 9:11 pm
They are about refusing to accept anything that is even slightly different,

They also have a tendency to blame people for things that are completely beyond their control. Bullying seems to be EVERYWHERE.
For starters, most Americans are morons. I hope @cheesesweat or @fschmidt can chime in on this. :mrgreen:
IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Post by IraqVet2003 »

Tamingstrange wrote:
November 2nd, 2020, 9:11 pm
I've noticed this for many years, but I really must ask: Why is bullying and victim blaming such a huge problem in American society?

In many instances you will get a genuine introverted person, in other words, a person who is the polar opposite of most phony, immoral and egotistical Americans. They will be constantly berated, ostracize, humiliated and viciously bullied by their peers simply for being "different." In most instances, the victims of this abuse end up having long-term psychological and emotional issues. Others end up taking their own lives, and a few of them go crazy and go on a shooting spree murdering thier tormentors and numerous people. And God forbid the bully victim tries to put any blame on their tormentors or society at all, they will be chewed out big time for this, because apparently in America, EVERYTHING is your fault and EVERYTHING is a choice. So technically you deserve to be bullied. When the victim does go on a mass shooting spree, instead of the tormentors, as well as the rest of society self reflecting in thinking: "Maybe we pushed him too far" What the hell did we expect? we pushed and pushed and pushed. It was only a matter of time before he reached their breaking point." Maybe if we didn't treat him so badly it wouldn't have come to this. We kind of brought this on ourselves." "What happened that caused this behavior and how can we prevent it."

Instead, they think things like: "I always knew he was crazy and would do that sooner or later." "He was a pathetic, thin skinned, incel who couldn't take it." "He was just pissed off because he couldn't get laid. What a loser."

The media crucifies them and brands then as being inherently and irredeemably evil monsters. They never entertain the possibility that they started out as normal people and were made this way from years of constant abuse. Make no mistake I am not excusing their actions, I just feel that a lot of times, there are reasons for people going on murder sprees. Instances like this also seem to pretty much be the norm in America, while it rarely ever happens anywhere else, so what does that tell you?? I highly doubt every one of those shooters are a bunch of trigger-happy psychos.

My theory is that the majority of Americans are just a bunch of heartless sociopaths with a "Never my Fault" mentality. Whenever they do something wrong, they never own up to it, take responsibility and feel guilt. They always find a way to shift the blame on someone else, especially the victims that they torment. They just don't seem to have the compassion and empathy to understand that everyone has their breaking point you can only push someone so far. This society seems to be all about building yourself up by tearing others down and always trying to one-up other people. They are about refusing to accept anything that is even slightly different, and instead treat it with contempt cruelty. They also have a tendency to blame people for things that are completely beyond their control. Bullying seems to be EVERYWHERE. Schools, the workplace, internet forums. The whole thing is just so toxic an evil and it makes me very furious.
Good post!!!
Summertime
Freshman Poster

Post by Summertime »

Because American society doesn't like certain men. Women have plenty of support and support groups where I'm from. I agree with the post's before me. I notice groups like to bully those who they think are weak.
Tamingstrange
Freshman Poster

Post by Tamingstrange »

Now that I think about it, it seems like the majority of Americans are bullies. It's actually kind of hard to find ones that aren't.
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

Tamingstrange wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 9:55 am
the majority of Americans are bullies.

Understand And Be Prepared For What's Coming - Max Igan