Bad Experience in Netherlands Airport

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Bad Experience in Netherlands Airport

Post by Tsar »

Got stopped by customs. Searched everything. Had to pay an almost 290 Euro Tax on my new iPhone which I bought and paid tax on in the USA. Also got a fine I could not pay yet of 250 Euros.

I thought the TSA was bad and US Security but now I think they're a little nicer in comparison.

Caused me to miss my flight even though they assured me I would make it.

I read Dutch customs was bad for travel from a non-EU nation but I thought it couldn't be worse than the US.

Maybe Marcos can tell me whether I should pay the fine or whether I should try to appeal, but it says a prosecutor could ask for a more severe penality if it gets appealed.

This sort of thing did not happen in Rome.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Bad Experience in Netherlands Airport

Post by yick »

Schipol is the worst airport in Europe, I hate flying into there so much that I will pay extra to get a connection that evades the dump! Still, it is a huge airport with great connections and it is pretty cheap to fly out of there... so, it all depends on your tolerance level for bullshit.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Tsar wrote:
November 12th, 2020, 1:47 am
Got stopped by customs. Searched everything. Had to pay an almost 290 Euro Tax on my new iPhone which I bought and paid tax on in the USA. Also got a fine I could not pay yet of 250 Euros.

I thought the TSA was bad and US Security but now I think they're a little nicer in comparison.

Caused me to miss my flight even though they assured me I would make it.

I read Dutch customs was bad for travel from a non-EU nation but I thought it couldn't be worse than the US.

Maybe Marcos can tell me whether I should pay the fine or whether I should try to appeal, but it says a prosecutor could ask for a more severe penality if it gets appealed.

This sort of thing did not happen in Rome.
Good day, @Tsar . Is that TWO separate yet together fines in Euros (E290 and E250) from that Dutch airport that you have possibly have to pay?
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Yes. I had to pay 289.xx Euro in tax and a 250 Euro fine.

After several hours some customs agents or security came to see me to find out what happened and they didn't like what that other customs officer did this morning so they made a lot of phone calls and if I am lucky there might be a chance I could get some of it back. They called social work to try to help me out.

I think there are a lot more good people here compared to US airports. I know I wouldn't have received any. I just had bad luck getting a not so good one.

She was a woman with a Butch haircut.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

I won't be getting any money back...
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

"She was a woman with a butch haircut."

What a surprise. Several dykey types at Copenhagen passport control also. God knows what sort of vicious beasts roam the land in Scandanavia now.
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

Murphy's Law seems to happen to Tsar wherever he goes. He may be stranded now in Europe with no money.

There's a cold winter coming in Europe. Let's all pray for Tsar that he doesn't end up homeless on some European street during the winter or living in an airport like the character in the film The Terminal played by Tom Hanks.

I really want the best for Tsar.
Last edited by TruthSeeker on November 13th, 2020, 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Italianman
Freshman Poster

Post by Italianman »

gsjackson wrote:
November 12th, 2020, 10:20 am
"She was a woman with a butch haircut."

What a surprise. Several dykey types at Copenhagen passport control also. God knows what sort of vicious beasts roam the land in Scandanavia now.
Scandinavia looks okay to me

TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

I don't like girls who have tats. To me they're ugly. The only one that is attractive is the one on the far right.

Those security guys who approached Tsar in the airport and made phone calls should have given him money out of their own pocket. Typical Europeans. Talk but no action. (James 2:16)
Italianman
Freshman Poster

Post by Italianman »

TruthSeeker wrote:
November 12th, 2020, 2:03 pm
Murphy's Law seems to happen to Tsar wherever he goes. He may be stranded now in Europe with no money.

I think that Neo, a member of this forum should send him some money by Western Union or MoneyGram, at least to get home. I sent him a PM a couple of weeks ago just about begging and pleading with him to take Tsar in to his place in Manhattan. To be a mentor to him. He wouldn't. He shut up his bowels of compassion ( 1 John 3:17) and came out with the line "Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned." right after my PM to him.

There's a cold winter coming in Europe. Let's all pray for Tsar that he doesn't end up homeless on some European street during the winter or living in an airport like the character in the film The Terminal played by Tom Hanks.

I really want the best for Tsar and to see him come to his senses.
This has got to be the stupidest shit I've read in a while. So this nigga has a brand new $1200 iPhone but not even $500 in his bank account? :lol:
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

quote=TruthSeeker post_id=349250 time=1605218626 user_id=27781]
That does seem to be the truth but this is still the West. Everthing worked out fine in Italy. Maybe Bulgaria would be nice. I have no credit cards and my US debit card was frozen despite me going in person to the bank to tell them that I would be traveling. I have 600dollars and about 150 Euros remaining. My family can send me money I left behind.
quote=Italianman post_id=349261 time=1605239271 user_id=34171]
This has got to be the stupidest shit I've read in a while. So this nigga has a brand new $1000 iPhone but not even $500 in his bank account? :lol:
I bought the iPhone months ago on credit when I realized I was insolvent and because of my terrible luck in America, it was a use or lose situation.

I have a habit of accidentally dropping things. My phone I brought to Italy needs to be repaired. My current phone has issues from humidity or something. My third is a US CSMA phone that has a check and is only good for Wifi here.

I might get $1000 a month or $800 a month. It will 600-800 Euro. I knew I could lose all my money and net worth doing this move not as prepared as I should be but at least I can learn lessons for a second future attempt.

If I lose all the money I brought then it will just mean I will need to call in my IOUs from family when I return to the states and try to rebuild my credit there after bankruptcy and take other steps. I just had enough of America and even if I fail this could be like a detox from American toxicity despite me not liking the EU customs.

Regular people are much more polite and overall almost everyone seems nicer. Although I forget a lesson from my previous travels and in a sense spent money on something I didn't need.

I had travel insurance so I will hopefully get my money back from the missed flight. Though it did not cost the same as the new flight. $176 missed flight,. 210 Euros new flight.

So far it is unhappier abroad although I never wanted to visit here, at least not in the present.

I am down to 33% of my cash after everything that has happened.
Italianman
Freshman Poster

Post by Italianman »

Umm, what? You brought a $1200 phone on credit because you realized you were broke? Okay, so sell the f***ing thing already? If you have a habit of dropping things, especially expensive phones, buy a damn Full-Body Shock Absorption Cover Case with Built-in Screen Protector online!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0878 ... =UTF8&th=1
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

Don't be fazed by such minor annoyances, even if your trip started out like this that money would have only bought you about a month of take-out food in America. Boring! You can look at it like a travel tax from a corrupt country. At least it was cheaper than Iraq or North Korea would have been or maybe not! Other travelers may have more savings to draw from but you have the warnings and collective experiences from this forum so you'll do fine. You won't get divorce raped or robbed by the banks like Taco has been warning.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

HappyGuy wrote:
November 12th, 2020, 9:50 pm
Don't be fazed by such minor annoyances, even if your trip started out like this that money would have only bought you about a month of take-out food in America. Boring! You can look at it like a travel tax from a corrupt country. At least it was cheaper than Iraq or North Korea would have been or maybe not! Other travelers may have more savings to draw from but you have the warnings and collective experiences from this forum so you'll do fine. You won't get divorce raped or robbed by the banks like Taco has been warning.
I am not letting it get me down. I met a lot of friendly people or helpful ones at Schipol. I learned in the future, open anything you bring New amd remove it from packaging.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

I also learned its better to try to declare and not need to than not declare and get a fine.