Water on Mars

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Water on Mars

Post by Adama »

The_Adventurer wrote:
MarcosZeitola wrote:Science has proven that there was indeed a flood, and many died, but it never killed all of humanity. Acknowleding this fact does not invalidate the message of the Biblical story.
No one ever mentions how people like the Anakim and Rephaim should have all been killed in the flood, if only eight people survived this event, yet they are somehow still hanging around in the time of Moses.
I think you have been misinformed. The people who survived the flood did not live to see Moses. Some of them were his ancestors though.

There is a flood story in practically every culture worldwide. That is because there was a flood when there were still only a few people on the earth. About four generations after the flood, they attempted to build the Tower of Babel, which was their way of defying God, saying to themselves that they could reach heaven under their own power, without God. That is when God separated humanity into different nations and languages and spread them throughout the earth.

That is why every culture has a flood story, because until right after the flood, everyone lived together in one community.

Also keep in mind that it's likely their DNA was less corrupted than ours, being only copied (self replicated with fewer errors) closer to Adam. Therefore lesser chances for genetic diseases which would arise from procreating with people closely related.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 20th, 2020, 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eightfold Path
Freshman Poster

Post by Eightfold Path »

Both interesting and disappointing if Buddhism is really the only intelligent religion out there. Some would say it's a philosophy and not even a religion. But I digress. I'll keep my thoughts to myself.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

That meditation, which the gurus recommend so highly, only opens a person up to demonic possession. That is what opening the third eye is all about. It is opening the door to allow demons in. Once the door is opened, that door can not be closed.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Adama wrote:That meditation, which the gurus recommend so highly, only opens a person up to demonic possession. That is what opening the third eye is all about. It is opening the door to allow demons in. Once the door is opened, that door can not be closed.
I don't believe in once a demoniac, always a demoniac (ODAD). Jesus cast demons out of people. He cast seven out of Mary Magdalene.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

MrMan wrote:
Adama wrote:That meditation, which the gurus recommend so highly, only opens a person up to demonic possession. That is what opening the third eye is all about. It is opening the door to allow demons in. Once the door is opened, that door can not be closed.
I don't believe in once a demoniac, always a demoniac (ODAD). Jesus cast demons out of people. He cast seven out of Mary Magdalene.

The only way is if the person gets saved, or becomes a believer in Jesus Christ. Then the door will close. There is no other way.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

MrMan wrote:
For a long time, one of my older female relatives was complaining about a man breaking into her home every night. For a long time, I thought it was just lingering confusion from the dream state, but she always insisted the man was real. She had been making that complaint for years.

Then one day she said the man gave her instructions to swallow pills, which she said she followed. She took pills because a man told her to. But we had installed a camera system to monitor her complaints. There was no man who entered.

That's when it dawned on me. The magicians can hear the voices of *people* who aren't really there. They get their power from demons. Then it occurred to me that she may have a demonic spirit attached to her.

That makes sense, because sometimes as we would have conversations, in the beginning she would be herself with lucidity. After just a few questions (talking just two or three here), her personality and voice would change slightly, and she would become instantly more confused.

After about eight presentations of the gospel, with two of these being from a Bible believing pastor and his wife, she later got saved.

After that, she has never made a complaint about a strange man visiting her at night, she seems much more lucid, with fewer (or none that I have observed yet) episodes where she instantly becomes confused when I talk about religion, God or Jesus. (Jesus said that the Devil comes to snatch the word away when it is given, and I think that is partly why she would become so confused and change personality during religious conversations, to block her from receiving the gospel.)

So that door to her demonic spirit has been closed. No more hallucinations. No longer does a spirit command her to do anything. Because she believes on the Lord Jesus Christ, and that Salvation is by grace through faith and not of works (e.g. practicing and doing the law). Before she always claimed she believed Jesus, but she really only believed in keeping the law, and no flesh is justified by deeds of the law in the sight of God. That is also why Buddhism is a false religion. Buddhism is all about deeds of the law. It isnt even about faith. Being a good person, keeping the law to the best of your ability, sacraments, doctrines of men, none of those things can get a person into heaven. But she truly believed that she had to add to the work Jesus did on the cross by doing her own good deeds.