Happy Easter

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Happy Easter

Post by jamesbond »

Hope everyone has a happy Easter. :D

Image Image
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

LOL :) You too!

Funny how in the UK the levels of political correctness have gotten to the insane level where, in my office, we couldn't wish each other Happy Easter, but only say "enjoy the (long) weekend".
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

publicduende wrote:LOL :) You too!

Funny how in the UK the levels of political correctness have gotten to the insane level where, in my office, we couldn't wish each other Happy Easter, but only say "enjoy the (long) weekend".
What long weekend?

In the US, much of us have to work both Fri and Mon. Taking Sunday off is expected.

Even Monday, the so-called Patriot's Day, the start of American revolution in the Boston area, is only a holiday for state employees. Most non-govt ppl are expected to work on Monday.

So while both Easter along with the start of the most important *initial* event in US history is barely recognized. Those who attend the battle reenactments along with the Boston Marathon are doing so, because their companies don't mind them being late on Monday.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Mr. Wu would make a great Jesus but we would not want to see him get killed however.
Time to Hide!
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re:

Post by jamesbond »

Moretorque wrote:Mr. Wu would make a great Jesus but we would not want to see him get killed however.
I would like to see Winston giving the sermon on the mount like Jesus did! :D

S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Re: Happy Easter

Post by S_Parc »

This Easter, after the morning services, we're going out and partying.

This is suppose to be a celebration of an ancient resurrection but yet, everyone acts downtrodden a/o serious about the whole thing.

I plan on being completely drunk by 7PM. And yes, we'd gotten ourselves a driver :wink: so it won't be an issue.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

AB discussion thread

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Here is Pope Francis during Easter Sunday mass. As you can see, even the Pope is a big fan of Winston! :D

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

S_Parc wrote:This Easter, after the morning services, we're going out and partying.

This is suppose to be a celebration of an ancient resurrection but yet, everyone acts downtrodden a/o serious about the whole thing.

I plan on being completely drunk by 7PM. And yes, we'd gotten ourselves a driver :wink: so it won't be an issue.
Good for you!

Your approach is indeed closer to the early Church observance of Sunday worship, until Paul the Priggish put the kibosh on it.
http://biblehub.com/kjv/1_corinthians/11-22.htm
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

Happy chocolate egg day
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Happy Easter to everyone.

xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Oh very nice. Happy Easter everyone.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Happy Easter everyone, don't eat too many eggs or chocolate bunnies! :lol:

S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Jester wrote:
S_Parc wrote:This Easter, after the morning services, we're going out and partying.

Good for you!

Your approach is indeed closer to the early Church observance of Sunday worship, until Paul the Priggish put the kibosh on it.
http://biblehub.com/kjv/1_corinthians/11-22.htm
It's a little past 7PM on Easter Sunday and I'm hammered! Mission Accomplished 8)

AB discussion thread

The
Junior Poster

Re:

Post by The »

publicduende wrote:LOL :) You too!

Good lord...Is the political correctness really that bad in Britain where you can't wish people a Happy Easter anymore?!?!

Kinda like in America where mentioning the word "Christmas" in a corporate setting would get you fired...