Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


East Asian Women vs South East Asian Women

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

JesseL26
Freshman Poster
Posts: 69
Joined: July 20th, 2017, 7:19 am

Re: East Asian Women vs South East Asian Women

Post by JesseL26 » May 5th, 2018, 11:31 pm

Why is Japan bad to look for a wife and why do Japanese men prefer foreign women? I know Japan is facing a major population decrease crisis.

Jonny Law
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1082
Joined: May 13th, 2014, 9:14 pm

Re: East Asian Women vs South East Asian Women

Post by Jonny Law » May 6th, 2018, 6:48 pm

JesseL26 wrote:
May 5th, 2018, 11:31 pm
Why is Japan bad to look for a wife and why do Japanese men prefer foreign women? I know Japan is facing a major population decrease crisis.
Japanese women are TERRIBLE :twisted:
But they treat foreign men a little better.

User avatar
Horahngee
Freshman Poster
Posts: 68
Joined: February 25th, 2018, 12:51 am

Re: East Asian Women vs South East Asian Women

Post by Horahngee » May 7th, 2018, 4:32 am

JesseL26 wrote:
May 5th, 2018, 6:41 am

LOL!!! Amazing stories bro! Yeah the bad teeth thing for the Vietnamese and other Asians I've always wondered is it the traditional drinks or the food they consume? I've seen some Chinese with discolored teeth. Some say it's the tea they always drink. I have never met a Korean female ever. The few I messaged on Interpals never replied back. I have a friend that lives in Japan he is miserable can't make any friends and it doesn't help either that he doesn't speak the language. One thing I have noticed that most of the Asian women I have attempted to contact online from 1st world/developed countries in Asia are not too friendly, picky, stuck up, and have an issue with an age difference. 0n the other hand the one from third world/less developed countries are friendlier, warmer, and more accepting.
Hey JesseL26. I only have seen bad teeth amongst the Vietnamese and Japanese East/SE Asian ethnic groups.

However, a lot of Vietnamese girls have this weird look to their faces. Like their eye position is slighty off, and they tend to have discolored teeth. That is why I was joking that Agent Orange chemicals used during the Vietnam War may be a factor as to why some Vietnamese women have this weird look to their face.

In terms of crooked teeth, a lot of Japanese girls/women tend to have crooked teeth. In the past in Japan, blackened teeth was considered to be a fad, or "sexy." Forgot the name or terminology, but women in ancient Japan used black powder to blacken their teeth to make themselves more desirable looking.

Korean girls don't have much crooked teeth because not only is cosmetic surgery popular in Korea, but also dental cosmetic procedures are also popular in S. Korea as well.

Taiwanese girls tend to be white-washed, prefer western white guys. I have not met too many Taiwanese foreigner women here in the US. I have dated one Taiwanese-American girl, she divorced from some white military guy. As soon as I found out (I snooped around her facebook account), I immediately cut ties to her, since she lied to me that she has never married before. I can now understand why Winston has some issues with these Taiwanese-American women.

flowerthief00
Freshman Poster
Posts: 47
Joined: January 11th, 2017, 5:14 am

Re: East Asian Women vs South East Asian Women

Post by flowerthief00 » May 7th, 2018, 5:57 am

JesseL26 wrote:
May 5th, 2018, 11:31 pm
Why is Japan bad to look for a wife and why do Japanese men prefer foreign women? I know Japan is facing a major population decrease crisis.
It's not that Japanese men prefer foreign women. It's that they are more open to dating/marriage to a foreigner than Japanese women are. Japanese women simply want a Japanese man. That's not a Japanese thing. It's a woman thing. Women pretty much anywhere you go prefer men of the same race/language/culture/nationality if they can get them. If they can't, then whatever the dominant culture is where they live. It's about hypergamy.
Jonny Law wrote:
May 6th, 2018, 6:48 pm
Japanese women are TERRIBLE :twisted:
But they treat foreign men a little better.
Don't agree about treating foreign men better...but I'll say this for Japanese women--they LOOK fantastic. They watch their weight, they take care of their skin, they are highly fashion-conscious. Judging by looks alone they are the highest-quality women in the world for my tastes. That's what makes it all such a shame ><

Japan is a place where presentation is considered more important than substance. It's true for their food, for their consumer products, for how they greet and interact with each other, and for their women.

Anyway, I'm headed there again this week, 3rd year in a row. Coat me in candy and call me a sucker.

User avatar
Yohan
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2857
Joined: April 3rd, 2014, 6:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN

Re: East Asian Women vs South East Asian Women

Post by Yohan » May 7th, 2018, 6:35 pm

JesseL26 wrote:
May 5th, 2018, 11:31 pm
Why is Japan bad to look for a wife and why do Japanese men prefer foreign women? I know Japan is facing a major population decrease crisis.
Japan is not bad to look for a wife, but you need rather long time for that and you should be able to communicate in Japanese and it makes only sense if you prefer to settle down in Japan. You also need some job or you will run out soon of money.

Japanese men do not prefer foreign women, but most Japanese men with a foreign wife are living in small fishing villages or in rural areas, not such an easy life. Most Japanese women prefer a much more comfortable life-style in the cities. If you travel in rural Japanese areas, you will see very little population, mostly old people and young men. Only few children and only few young women... Some men have no other choice but to look for a foreign (but usually Asian) wife, mostly from China, Korea, some from Philippines etc.

JesseL26
Freshman Poster
Posts: 69
Joined: July 20th, 2017, 7:19 am

Re: East Asian Women vs South East Asian Women

Post by JesseL26 » May 7th, 2018, 10:24 pm

Horahngee wrote:
May 7th, 2018, 4:32 am
JesseL26 wrote:
May 5th, 2018, 6:41 am

LOL!!! Amazing stories bro! Yeah the bad teeth thing for the Vietnamese and other Asians I've always wondered is it the traditional drinks or the food they consume? I've seen some Chinese with discolored teeth. Some say it's the tea they always drink. I have never met a Korean female ever. The few I messaged on Interpals never replied back. I have a friend that lives in Japan he is miserable can't make any friends and it doesn't help either that he doesn't speak the language. One thing I have noticed that most of the Asian women I have attempted to contact online from 1st world/developed countries in Asia are not too friendly, picky, stuck up, and have an issue with an age difference. 0n the other hand the one from third world/less developed countries are friendlier, warmer, and more accepting.
Hey JesseL26. I only have seen bad teeth amongst the Vietnamese and Japanese East/SE Asian ethnic groups.

However, a lot of Vietnamese girls have this weird look to their faces. Like their eye position is slighty off, and they tend to have discolored teeth. That is why I was joking that Agent Orange chemicals used during the Vietnam War may be a factor as to why some Vietnamese women have this weird look to their face.

In terms of crooked teeth, a lot of Japanese girls/women tend to have crooked teeth. In the past in Japan, blackened teeth was considered to be a fad, or "sexy." Forgot the name or terminology, but women in ancient Japan used black powder to blacken their teeth to make themselves more desirable looking.

Korean girls don't have much crooked teeth because not only is cosmetic surgery popular in Korea, but also dental cosmetic procedures are also popular in S. Korea as well.

Taiwanese girls tend to be white-washed, prefer western white guys. I have not met too many Taiwanese foreigner women here in the US. I have dated one Taiwanese-American girl, she divorced from some white military guy. As soon as I found out (I snooped around her facebook account), I immediately cut ties to her, since she lied to me that she has never married before. I can now understand why Winston has some issues with these Taiwanese-American women.
Yeah I was reading about Agent Orange the other day how coincidental. I think Thai girls have been white-washed as well.

JesseL26
Freshman Poster
Posts: 69
Joined: July 20th, 2017, 7:19 am

Re: East Asian Women vs South East Asian Women

Post by JesseL26 » May 7th, 2018, 10:25 pm

flowerthief00 wrote:
May 7th, 2018, 5:57 am
JesseL26 wrote:
May 5th, 2018, 11:31 pm
Why is Japan bad to look for a wife and why do Japanese men prefer foreign women? I know Japan is facing a major population decrease crisis.
It's not that Japanese men prefer foreign women. It's that they are more open to dating/marriage to a foreigner than Japanese women are. Japanese women simply want a Japanese man. That's not a Japanese thing. It's a woman thing. Women pretty much anywhere you go prefer men of the same race/language/culture/nationality if they can get them. If they can't, then whatever the dominant culture is where they live. It's about hypergamy.
Jonny Law wrote:
May 6th, 2018, 6:48 pm
Japanese women are TERRIBLE :twisted:
But they treat foreign men a little better.
Don't agree about treating foreign men better...but I'll say this for Japanese women--they LOOK fantastic. They watch their weight, they take care of their skin, they are highly fashion-conscious. Judging by looks alone they are the highest-quality women in the world for my tastes. That's what makes it all such a shame ><

Japan is a place where presentation is considered more important than substance. It's true for their food, for their consumer products, for how they greet and interact with each other, and for their women.

Anyway, I'm headed there again this week, 3rd year in a row. Coat me in candy and call me a sucker.
Well aren't most Asians more for dating their own kind in general?

JesseL26
Freshman Poster
Posts: 69
Joined: July 20th, 2017, 7:19 am

Re: East Asian Women vs South East Asian Women

Post by JesseL26 » May 7th, 2018, 10:31 pm

Yohan wrote:
May 7th, 2018, 6:35 pm
JesseL26 wrote:
May 5th, 2018, 11:31 pm
Why is Japan bad to look for a wife and why do Japanese men prefer foreign women? I know Japan is facing a major population decrease crisis.
Japan is not bad to look for a wife, but you need rather long time for that and you should be able to communicate in Japanese and it makes only sense if you prefer to settle down in Japan. You also need some job or you will run out soon of money.

Japanese men do not prefer foreign women, but most Japanese men with a foreign wife are living in small fishing villages or in rural areas, not such an easy life. Most Japanese women prefer a much more comfortable life-style in the cities. If you travel in rural Japanese areas, you will see very little population, mostly old people and young men. Only few children and only few young women... Some men have no other choice but to look for a foreign (but usually Asian) wife, mostly from China, Korea, some from Philippines etc.


Yeah my friend that lives in Japan teaching English for some odd reason always gets placed in schools located in rural areas. So rural in fact that he has to drive to drive to get to work from his apartment and the company he works for provides the vehicle. He did say where he lives and works it is mostly old men/women and children no younger women to date he would have to get on Tinder in the big cities like Tokyo and search and get on the train to date these ladies.

I've also read that Japanese women are very spoiled and the men are addicted to hentai and dolls both of these factors are contributing to the decline of the population of Japan. I have also seen many serious Japanese men on Vietnamese or Chinese dating sites trying to find a partner. Is it that bad in Japan?

My friend has had luck in Japan with women and he barely speaks Japanese and finds some that speak OK English he is just too damn picky and hasn't settled with anyone yet.

MrMan
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2472
Joined: July 31st, 2014, 3:52 am

Re: East Asian Women vs South East Asian Women

Post by MrMan » May 8th, 2018, 4:58 am

I think it is true that people tend to marry partners who are racially similar to themselves. Whites tend to marry whites. Blacks tend to marry blacks. Japanese tend to marry Japanese. Chinese tend to marry Chinese. Some societies and cultures are more open to marrying outside of the people-group than others.

We should also keep in mind that national cultures can have multiple ethnic groups. Cantonese is different from Manchu. Javanese is different from Minang. A husband could marry a wife from a different people-group in Indonesia, and they could both be 'Indonesian', but they aren't from the same people-group. From their perspective, this marrying outside of their culture might be a big deal. Not all countries are like South Korea where Korean is one people-group. They also have different cities and regions with cultural differences. I'd imagine there is some grandma in a northern city who has told her grandkids not to marry someone from Pusan because Pusan people are a certain way.

In Japan or Korea, those married to foreigners are still a small minority. It's a small minority in the USA if you think in terms of 'white', though I suspect if you count white and Hispanic as two groups, there are quite a number of those. If you counted English, Irish, Scottish, Italian, etc. as different people-groups, then most marriages would be considered interracial, or multiracials marrying each other.

User avatar
Yohan
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2857
Joined: April 3rd, 2014, 6:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN

Re: East Asian Women vs South East Asian Women

Post by Yohan » May 8th, 2018, 7:47 am

MrMan wrote:
May 8th, 2018, 4:58 am
In Japan or Korea, those married to foreigners are still a small minority...
In Japan there is a census about international marriages, and there are clear data about it.

There are of course also Japanese who are married with a foreign spouse, but living outside of Japan, their data are not included.

A good summery can be found here:

A Look at International Marriage in Japan
https://www.nippon.com/en/features/h00096/
According to statistics from the Ministry of Health, Labor, and Welfare, 21,488 of the 660,613 marriages registered in Japan in 2013 were between a Japanese and foreign national. This works out to be 1 in every 30 newlywed couples.
For the full article see links above and below.

Also wikipedia has good information about the situation in Japan regarding foreign wives:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_foreign_marriage
Japan foreign marriage (Japanese: 嫁不足) is a phenomenon occurring in rural Japan. Since the mid 1980s, rural Japanese men have begun taking foreign Asian brides, from the Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, China and South Korea, as a way of countering the reduced number of women who are of marriageable, childbearing age that are willing to marry rural Japanese men

User avatar
Horahngee
Freshman Poster
Posts: 68
Joined: February 25th, 2018, 12:51 am

Re: East Asian Women vs South East Asian Women

Post by Horahngee » May 8th, 2018, 9:01 am

JesseL26 wrote:
May 7th, 2018, 10:25 pm


Well aren't most Asians more for dating their own kind in general?
Sadly, not here in the US. A lot of Asian-American women date or marry men outside of their racial background.

This is why I am already fed up with the dating scene here in the US. It has been very difficult for me to find a girlfriend or a potential wife.

I have wasted so much money on match-making professions, dating app (i.e. Coffee Meets Bagel), and online dating websites (paid for Match.com) where you meet women for one or two dates, and then they ghost out on you because they have more men to meet them.

User avatar
Horahngee
Freshman Poster
Posts: 68
Joined: February 25th, 2018, 12:51 am

Re: East Asian Women vs South East Asian Women

Post by Horahngee » May 8th, 2018, 9:06 am

JesseL26 wrote:
May 7th, 2018, 10:24 pm

Yeah I was reading about Agent Orange the other day how coincidental. I think Thai girls have been white-washed as well.
This is why I think that certain Vietnamese girls with the light skin "Chinese" look tend to look a little odd. Their facial structure at their eye and forehead level looks a little crooked. Their teeth tend to be discolored, but also thin and crooked. That's a big turn off for me, or any men, when it comes to looking for a potential partner from overseas.

I have not met too many Thai girls, so I don't know if they are white-washed or not. I have only dated one Thai lady, a little older than me. Met her on an online dating website. Things did not work out with her because she already has a daughter and she has been divorced from her ex-husband couple years ago.

JesseL26
Freshman Poster
Posts: 69
Joined: July 20th, 2017, 7:19 am

Re: East Asian Women vs South East Asian Women

Post by JesseL26 » May 8th, 2018, 11:54 am

Horahngee wrote:
May 8th, 2018, 9:01 am
JesseL26 wrote:
May 7th, 2018, 10:25 pm


Well aren't most Asians more for dating their own kind in general?
Sadly, not here in the US. A lot of Asian-American women date or marry men outside of their racial background.

This is why I am already fed up with the dating scene here in the US. It has been very difficult for me to find a girlfriend or a potential wife.

I have wasted so much money on match-making professions, dating app (i.e. Coffee Meets Bagel), and online dating websites (paid for Match.com) where you meet women for one or two dates, and then they ghost out on you because they have more men to meet them.

Well I don't know which state you live in but I live in S. Fla. There's not too many Asians here like in California for example but they are here too.
At least here when I see Asians they mostly stick to their own kind occasionally I sometimes see them with a white or a black guy but I'm guessing they are Americanized.

The Asians I run into in my city are not the Americanized ones they are either tourists or FOB's working at restaurants or buffets 99% of them are Chinese and let me tell you they are not friendly at all. I try sometimes to stare into a Chinese womans eyes to see if I can get their attention but nothing they are in their own little world. It's like they ignore everyone.I don't know if it's a language barrier thing since they barely speak English or if it's just that they are cold people.

Dating sites blow period. The only dating site I had luck was VietCupid I had 177 messages but I couldn't do much since all of them live over there not here near me. I have a friend who spends 90 something bucks on E harmony every 3 months and has not gotten one single date and hes decent looking. I am convinced the modern USA sucks major a** in the dating scene. Even most Asian dating sites suck too but at least you can get the girls there to talk to you.

I've used the Zalo app before it is Vietnamese and that is where I met my GF. It is not for dating it is for people you already know but it has a people nearby option and I would search and just message girls. Now I may be wrong but this is my experiences and opinion.

I think Vietnamese women are way more friendlier than Chinese. I also have the Wechat app it is Chinese same story as Zalo it's for people you already know but it has the people nearby option. And let me tell you on Wechat no one ever ever replies except gay guys sending you messages except on 2 occasions I had girls from China on vacation in Miami Beach at the very least return my greeting but that was all. On the other hand on the Zalo app when I messaged the Vietnamese girls I had 3 reply back. One of them is my GF now one of the other 2 stopped replying and the other sent me a pic of her nail salon business card and told me to visit her but I never did because I hooked up with my GF. I couldn't believe it after years wasting my time on dating sites and asking dumb western girls out with no luck I finally met someone.

There is also a pattern I have noticed with the Chinese. On the apps the ones that live and work here even if they are not Americanized will not respond nor be friendly. The Americanized ones forget it as well. But the ones living in China or the ones that come here on vacation reply and are interested in talking to you. Strange.

JesseL26
Freshman Poster
Posts: 69
Joined: July 20th, 2017, 7:19 am

Re: East Asian Women vs South East Asian Women

Post by JesseL26 » May 8th, 2018, 12:18 pm

Horahngee wrote:
May 8th, 2018, 9:06 am
JesseL26 wrote:
May 7th, 2018, 10:24 pm

Yeah I was reading about Agent Orange the other day how coincidental. I think Thai girls have been white-washed as well.
This is why I think that certain Vietnamese girls with the light skin "Chinese" look tend to look a little odd. Their facial structure at their eye and forehead level looks a little crooked. Their teeth tend to be discolored, but also thin and crooked. That's a big turn off for me, or any men, when it comes to looking for a potential partner from overseas.

I have not met too many Thai girls, so I don't know if they are white-washed or not. I have only dated one Thai lady, a little older than me. Met her on an online dating website. Things did not work out with her because she already has a daughter and she has been divorced from her ex-husband couple years ago.

Yeah my GF's skin is very very white she looks way more East Asian than South East Asian. I also forgot to mention she has been living here for 10 years and she is not 1 bit Americanized at all. She told me she never attended college here because girls turn into whores in the colleges here. She's very intelligent. So if in 10 years living here she is not spoiled I doubt she will be. Only friends she has are Vietnamese mostly older people here and the younger ones she chats to that live in Vietnam. So no western c**ts to spoil her she is very traditional. It's true what everyone that has traveled has said women in Western nations are a joke too much hassle for nothing. All I had to do is be myself and be nice and that is it no mind games or ridiculous crap like when dealing with the women from our country.

The teeth thing doesn't bother me too much unless it is something hideous. What bothers me is if they have bad breath if not I'm good nothings perfect in this world.

Now to the Thai women. I myself have never been to Thailand but I know people that live there and I am convinced that it should still be easier and way better to find a girl in Thailand the the USA. But nothing is perfect when I was on Thai Friendly last year I could tell Thai women are becoming more westernized as the days pass by.

A lot of them have rude things on their profile which reminds me of American women. Also a lot of them claim they want a nice guy and etc but when I message them and show them what I am about they ghost on me. Now I am not an ugly guy I think I am an average guy but some people say I am handsome and I am also in shape. I am Hispanic but mostly from Spaniard roots so I look Mediterranean people think I am Italian so I am still what you can consider a white man just with darker features at least in appearance not talking about race nor ethnicity.

But these Thai girls I think when they want a foreigner they prefer the blonde or lighter colored hair with blue or green eyes and pale skin anything else won't cut it as I have not had any luck with Thai women period. So that is what I mean about the Thais being White-Washed. So I felt like I was on an American dating site when I used the Thai sites in a way but a bit better. But at the end it sucked.

In my opinion these are the best women by nationality in order from greatest to least for an average guy in my experience and opinion.

1. Vietnamese: The only issue here is that most Vietnamese in their country rarely speak English so you might have to learn some of the language but they are very friendly and accepting.

2. Filipinas: Good thing here they speak English as a second language are even more friendlier than the Vietnamese but there is so many young women in their 20's with kids from other men and many of the ones I talked to have been with 5-6 men. I don't know if they are slutty or if it's just that Filipino men are bad.

3. Chinese: And finally my favorite but I haven't had too much luck is with Chinese. To me they are neutral 50/50 not too good not too bad but if you work hard enough you could find a Chinese girl. But not as open minded as the other 2 nationalities nor as easy to get many messages from but 50x better than the Thais.

And lastly I've said it before and I'll say it again out of all of the girls I've spoken to from all the nationalities even if they are not Westernized, if they speak good English (except Filipinas) they are not interested in me I am only a friend or a nothing to them they ghost on me. The ones that speak little to no English are the only ones interested in me. My GF has been here for 10 years but her English is by no means perfect nor bad I consider it neutral she doesn't understand the big vocabulary words either. So there you go my two cents.


I

User avatar
Yohan
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2857
Joined: April 3rd, 2014, 6:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN

Re: East Asian Women vs South East Asian Women

Post by Yohan » May 8th, 2018, 12:41 pm

Horahngee wrote:
May 8th, 2018, 9:01 am
Sadly, not here in the US. A lot of Asian-American women date or marry men outside of their racial background.
----
I have wasted so much money on match-making professions, dating app (i.e. Coffee Meets Bagel), and online dating websites (paid for Match.com) where you meet women for one or two dates, and then they ghost out on you because they have more men to meet them.
I don't think, it is only about Asian-American women dating outside of their racial background.
Many women, but also men are dating nowadays outside their own race and not only in USA.

In USA the majority of people are white, and the small minority is Asian. Maybe 15:1 or so? The possibility you find much easier a white woman compared to an Asian woman is therefore high.

You cannot even find a larger group of Asian people everywhere in the USA, they are usually living in some regions only, like Hawaii, California...

About local internet dating sites, they are all a waste of time and. Many profiles are merely fakes of women who do not exist, others contain misleading information. There are many more men on these dating sites than women.
I can only advice you not to use them.

If you want to meet Asian women, you have to get on an airplane, direction Asia. Forget about dating in USA.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Dating, Relationships, Foreign Women”