Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

American Women Rule of 5 - Mark Davis

Discuss what's wrong with American women. Share problems, experiences and stories about them and why they suck so bad that you've had to resort to dating abroad and foreign women.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate » June 25th, 2012, 11:20 am

eurobrat wrote:What's killing me is Automobile costs, my truck is paid off in full yet I STILL SPEND $400-$500 A MONTH because my job requires me to have a car. Yet the corporation auto allowance each month is shit.

I make 2 fold what Winston does but his quality of life in Taiwan is probably better than mine. But yea 50-60k a year is shit, the writing is definetly on the wall for this country. I don't really like many Americans anyways.
Depending on where you live that 50k is tiny.

Around LA county in CA the cost of living would be:

800-$1000 rent for a merely average place in a neighborhood where you won't get carjacked.
$500-$700 a month on food.
Gasoline is sky high so tack on another $300-400 a month minimum since most people commute an average of 30 minutes.
Private health insurance $300 a month at least

So conservatively speaking that's probably around $2500 in monthly expenses right there. That leaves a little wiggle room for recreational stuff but since the social environment is shit you end up hanging out with a bunch of guys doing things involving sports or geek hobbies.

Oh and government tax takes a huge bite out of your ass. You would probably end up saving the same amount each month that you would save being a piddly english teacher in Thailand.

Welcome to America!

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat » June 25th, 2012, 3:01 pm

Last edited by eurobrat on May 21st, 2013, 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » June 26th, 2012, 2:10 pm

Banano,
Can you please copy and paste the link or source that you got that quote from? Is it from Mark's site? If so, reference it by providing the source link.

Thanks,
Winston
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester » June 26th, 2012, 10:34 pm

Repatriate wrote:
eurobrat wrote:It will for me, I don't have to live in this country anymore. I'm 27 single with no kids. Hell I'm sick of paying taxes. I paid 17k in taxes last year for a shitty social life.
Just from my observation but the vast majority of men on here will continue to live in the U.S. and use this forum as a venting mechanism because they lack the initiative or resources to move abroad.

To those of us that already live abroad the constant circular ranting about the U.S. or western culture in general is quite redundant.
You're rubbing it in.

Please continue.

Best thing you could do for us.

Rocky Top
Freshman Poster

Post by Rocky Top » June 27th, 2012, 3:16 am

I don't know... I think nowadays, even the ugly bitches have an attitude, as well. The women here in the US are living high on the hog.

designer
Freshman Poster

Post by designer » July 14th, 2012, 2:55 am

The situation in the U.S. is like a perfect storm of awful. You have a bad economic situation, a very poor male/female ratio in the age range that matters 18-32 in most cities, and an obesity epidemic, and on top of that throw on feminism, religious/moral fanaticism, and a rampant shallow consumerist culture. As a middle class and above male there's no reason at all to stay in the U.S. if you can help it.

Pure Truth
[/quote]

djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney » July 14th, 2012, 3:21 am

I am right behind Euro Brat, I am not letting economics stop me. People came to the US with MUCH less. I also have some great ideas for passive income. But I'm also not above taking a crappy job or even a job on a US base (which I have a listing of available jobs not filled by locals). Either way if we have to come back to the US for better job options for me, to most women that is acceptable. Otherwise I have skills to get hired overseas.

I will have a fresh Resume/CV by the time I make my trip. I should have enough money to stay 3 months if not longer and I will say more about that in the months to come on my blog.

Of course I may not need all 3 months worth of income if things go as planned.

The US is screwed up with no end in sight and several experts have expressed that we'll have another October Surprise this year and its not war with Iran but likely the default of one of the EU countries or the legal pressure put on one of the top six banks in the US, crashing the economy again.

Truthville
Freshman Poster

Post by Truthville » July 14th, 2012, 4:32 am

I have no fear about expiating to another country THOUGH I have never done it. I have the knowledge and my passport.

The only thing holding me back is my house.

After talking to a realtor a few weeks ago, and listening to him and his "suggestions" I'm almost done! I've done most things he suggested, but not all of them, EXCEPT one minor and one MAJOR thing. The minor thing, as is the case in my hellish house, is turning into a major and the MAJOR thing MIGHT cost me some serious money unless I want to do it myself! I have skill and the will BUT there is some serious danger involved! (Low hanging power line!)

Anyway I'm SO READY to at least get out of this country for a month or so..........I already have the contacts and I am already starting to plan. I HOPEFULLY will be out of here in September or October! :D

Also, don't try telling me how "stupid" I was buying a house BECAUSE I bought it in 1997, for a decent price, and at low rate. I refinanced once, lowered my rate by 2 points and converted from a 30 to a 15. It's only 5 years away from being paid off.

The stupidest thing I did when it came to my house, and I hope someone out there will hear this, is buying a fixer-upper! AND THEN I learned that the "fixing" never ends, the drain on your time never ends, and I HATE WORKING ON HOUSES!

Oh well, once I'm out of here, it will be worth it! :D
"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: "I am a wretchedly longstanding victim;therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition."

"It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised."

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester » July 14th, 2012, 5:10 am

DJ... Truthville.... Godspeed.

And as always thanks for the inspiration.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat » July 14th, 2012, 11:13 am

Last edited by eurobrat on May 21st, 2013, 6:17 am, edited 3 times in total.

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi » July 14th, 2012, 5:13 pm

publicduende wrote:
Repatriate wrote: Just from my observation but the vast majority of men on here will continue to live in the U.S. and use this forum as a venting mechanism because they lack the initiative or resources to move abroad.
To those of us that already live abroad the constant circular ranting about the U.S. or western culture in general is quite redundant.
Well said Repa. The divide between expat fantasies and harsh reality is that wide, in fact. It's not easy to move to another country, especially without a life project that, even if it existed, would take at least a year to prepare and execute. Some of us feel free to go abroad whenever they feel, yet perhaps it's their financial situation that doesn't allow them to prepare a full plan and make it happen. Or perhaps work or family, or other personal commitments.
Yes it's possible to set up a business that provides a "portable passive income", as Winston said. Yet, it's something harder and harder to do without a great idea, a strong core of intellectual property, lots of hard work, in some magic combination. Let's not forget that Winston's ad revenues come from us sticking to the forum, as he doesn't provide compelling contents at a rate that will ensure fresh traffic consistently.
So what if it takes a year, or 2, or 3, and hard work to accomplish your goals? It took my parents 7 years (1982-1989) working at the supermarket and restaurants to save enough money to buy a cheap town-house. It was hard work immigrating to the US. My parents did not speak English and my mother learned by pointing to stuff and asking "what is this", "cabbage", "what is this", "carrot". Why should it be any easier immigrating elsewhere?

Truthville wrote: After talking to a realtor a few weeks ago, and listening to him and his "suggestions" I'm almost done! I've done most things he suggested, but not all of them, EXCEPT one minor and one MAJOR thing. The minor thing, as is the case in my hellish house, is turning into a major and the MAJOR thing MIGHT cost me some serious money unless I want to do it myself! I have skill and the will BUT there is some serious danger involved! (Low hanging power line!)
My fiance is an analyst at Southern California Edison. If you're in the area and need help with low hanging power line, I can ask if she knows anyone who can assist.

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat » July 14th, 2012, 5:31 pm

Last edited by eurobrat on May 21st, 2013, 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Truthville
Freshman Poster

Post by Truthville » July 15th, 2012, 12:31 am

Thanks eurobrat and momopi!

Firstly, IT'S A TIME CONSUMING BITCH OF A LIFE, isn't eurobrat? Thing is with my house, it's over one hundred years old and unfortunately the previous owner destroyed and got rid of all the original woodwork in the late 60's and early 70's I believe and did the whole "cheap fake paneling, green shag carpet, florescent light" thing to the house. I stupidly didn't care at the time :roll: and boy have I paid for it over the years!

Like you eurobrat, you name it, I've done it! wood floors, Sheetrock, painting, plumbing, a little electrical etc.............never ends!

I have to admit that the wood floors I did, after a HELLISH weekend with a rented belt sander and 12!!! grit sandpaper came out beautiful. Old-Growth Maple! Did 2 rooms and carpeted the third BECAUSE it was such a Bitch to do the first two. I figure the next owner can have fun with that third room. :D

The MINOR problem? Not to bore everyone but the situation is this! I have a kitchen closet......with a window that hasn't been opened probably for 30 years. Top window(indoor not storm) is broken. I BOUGHT the house with the window like this!!!!! Realtor says FHA will reject a loan unless it's fixed so............I removed the glass, got rid of old putty, and THEN realized the new pane goes onto the BACK side of the window, not the side facing into my house. DO NOT WANT TO REMOVE THE WINDOW BECAUSE I DOUBT I CAN GET IT BACK IN. The damn lower sash started to split when I forced it open. BUT I got the lower one open all the way so now I have to remove the storm windows from the inside because it really a job to take them off from the outside. Anyway what sucks is that I have to replace that window from the outside, hold or tape the new pane until I can get the glazing points in, then glaze and replace the storms! What fun!

The MAJOR problem is that I have a 3.5 or 4 car garage. It's actually 2 garages joined together. The main can fit 3 small or 2 large cars and the other one can fit one. Anyway, the 1 car garage has a flat rolled roof. That, for reasons I'm not going to bore everyone with, has degraded about 1 third. I have the original rolled roof material, I bought the roofing cement/glue and roofing nail, the decking looks decent BUT the really bad parts are directly below the power line to my house!!!!!! :shock: Probably about 4 feet. IF I forgot, and I stood up without thinking, A good possibility with me :roll: WELL...........barbecued Truthville! I could call the power company and have them shut it off until I'm done BUT how long? A few days and everything spoils and my house get warm as hell! I'll figure it out!

(sigh) I might just hire someone BUT I know they will try to get me to replace the whole rolled roof, and I ain't doing that!!! Don't have the money!

Momopi, thanks for the offer BUT I'm in the Midwest!

Most people who don't own any property don't know how hard it is to leave with a property tying you down almost like a child.
Truer words have never been spoken Eurobrat. I've raised this "CHILD" for 15 years and it's time for ME to leave the nest!!!! Never again!!!!!!!! :P
"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: "I am a wretchedly longstanding victim;therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition."

"It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised."

Maker55
Junior Poster

Post by Maker55 » July 15th, 2012, 2:05 am

We are in an inflation and the cost of living and services will continue to go up.

The internet will rule the future since we're in the information age and it would be wise to learn how to harness the power of the internet.

The dollar will continue to lose value. It's pretty much worthless fiat currency.

The u.s. is running on increasing debt and it's printing an endless supply of worthless money.

Teach english overseas if you have to. You can get a tesol certificate at ontestol.com
You're where you're at in life because of your thoughts.

What you think about the most is what you will eventually manifest in your life.

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi » July 15th, 2012, 5:14 pm

Maker55 wrote:We are in an inflation and the cost of living and services will continue to go up.
The internet will rule the future since we're in the information age and it would be wise to learn how to harness the power of the internet.
The dollar will continue to lose value. It's pretty much worthless fiat currency.
The u.s. is running on increasing debt and it's printing an endless supply of worthless money.
Teach English overseas if you have to. You can get a tesol certificate at ontestol.com
The value and demand for English teachers overseas is dependent on the success and dominance of US (military, economic, cultural, etc).