Newbie!

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
goodfellas1990
Freshman Poster

Newbie!

Post by goodfellas1990 »

Hi Guys,

I'm new here and I don't really use forums often so I'm not sure if creating a new post introducing myself is proper etiquette or not. If it isn't then I apologize, please be nice!

About me:

I'm a young entrepreneur from Lexington, KY. I lived in Los Angeles, CA for a couple years and I hated it. I'm getting to the point where I'm sick and tired of living in America. Every day is a struggle. I hate our culture and I don't really seem to fit in. I guess I like trying to make money and working toward my goals and I don't party often, however, unlike most people my age they don't care about that stuff and party all the time so I find that a lot of my friends are in there thirties and forties because we have a lot of similar interests.

Also, like I mentioned before, I live in KY. in KY I think 29.9% (Statistically accurate) of the population are obese. More are overweight. So, it's slim pickins for nice looking quality females. The quality ones who are my age are either in college or in a relationship and we have pretty girls here but competition is fierce because no guy wants to date a fat, busted girl so you typically have like 20/1 ratio of guys to girls.

I don't like the way people think especially here in America. I'm tired of this Jersey shore bull shit that is dumbing down America and the self righteous attitude of American women. I make about 1,000 - 1,500 per month with my company and hopefully much more by September all just by using my computer which is good so I have an Idea and I made a decision. Of course, many of you who live in America no that isn't bad for someone working from home on there computer, but still that isn't going to get you that awesome quality of life we all want.

I want to move to the Phillipenes. Why? because I can do all my work from the Philippines get my money each month and live a pretty good quality of live compared to America. I'd like to live blocks from the ocean and in an area where there are a lot of pretty girls and I want to live in an area where if I make 1k a month I can spend 700 and save 300 and still have a nice apartment and have enough money to meet a lot of pretty girls at bars and clubs and take them back to the apartment. I'm still at that age where I want to get as much p***y as possible. Of course once I get through that phase I'd actually like to settle down with a beautiful girl and sip martinis in a recliner with her looking out at the sun set across the ocean (blocks from my house) Too unrealistic?

Can you guys give me any advice from your experiences? What to expect? The perfect place where I should move? Where I could meet more business minded people like me and start or manage new ventures?

Please let me know. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say! I plan on moving in September after we get this big contract with this company and I can hire managers to oversee everything and manage the company. I do motion graphics and video editing so I will basically rehire myself as an employee and pay my self an hourly wage.
I'm a 22 year old Entrepreneur moving to the Philippines in September. I want to swim in aqua blue water, live like a boss, and be surrounded by beautiful girls.
goodfellas1990
Freshman Poster

No Love

Post by goodfellas1990 »

I guess there is no love on these forums.
I'm a 22 year old Entrepreneur moving to the Philippines in September. I want to swim in aqua blue water, live like a boss, and be surrounded by beautiful girls.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Welcome to the forum, ktownkid23. On some days there aren't that many people here, so excuse some of us for not responding. Good to see a lot of new people here recently!
goodfellas1990
Freshman Poster

Post by goodfellas1990 »

Thanks z boy! for the welcome!
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Welcome ktownkid23, glad you found our forum. Wow, sounds like there are a lot of obese women in Kentucky. They say the largest percentage of obese people in the US live in the south.

You smart to think about moving abroad at a young age. More guys in the US need to think of this as an option as opposed to living in the US their whole life and marrying an overweight unattractive American woman. :lol:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
goodfellas1990
Freshman Poster

Post by goodfellas1990 »

Yeah, Thanks James Bond.

I think it will be fun. I plan on setting up a call center or VA company while I'm there. and then flying to another country every few months like Hong Kong, Thailand, and have my main base in the Phils. Flights are super cheap.

But, it is going to be an experience. When I was 19 I told my parents I was going to visit LA, it's about 3,000 miles from KY and I stayed out there for 2 years. I would have liked it, but I hate the desert, girls are even more self entitled there, and its so f***ing expensive.
PaulB
Freshman Poster

Post by PaulB »

Hey ktownkid,

You sound a bit like me. I moved to LA at age 22, then to the Philippines at age 23 and have been traveling around Asia ever since.

Sounds like you need to do a lot more research, and perhaps re-evaluate your budget and what's really important to you.
goodfellas1990
Freshman Poster

Post by goodfellas1990 »

PaulB wrote:Hey ktownkid,

You sound a bit like me. I moved to LA at age 22, then to the Philippines at age 23 and have been traveling around Asia ever since.

Sounds like you need to do a lot more research, and perhaps re-evaluate your budget and what's really important to you.
Hey, I sent you a PM with some concerns.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Welcome! This forum isn't always that busy, so responses can be a little slow.

A site you should check out is this one:

TropicalMBA

These guys are in Bali, but they're a good starting point to living the dream life in Asia.

The Philippines can be great, but you MUST have a good source of income! I like $2000 a month as a good ball park figure to aim for. Many folk say you can live there for a lot less, but what about taxes, pension contributions, medical insurance, new laptops, flights home etc? Me thinks some people haven't thought this through.

Always visit somewhere before you move there. The Phillies have many, er, "issues".

Also remember to live in the country whose women you like best! For me that's China, and here's why.

Oh, and get an English teaching qualification, it's your lifesaver if your other work turns sour.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
goodfellas1990
Freshman Poster

Post by goodfellas1990 »

xiongmao wrote:Welcome! This forum isn't always that busy, so responses can be a little slow.

TropicalMBA

These guys are in Bali, but they're a good starting point to living the dream life in Asia.

The Philippines can be great, but you MUST have a good source of income! I like $2000 a month as a good ball park figure to aim for. Many folk say you can live there for a lot less, but what about taxes, pension contributions, medical insurance, new laptops, flights home etc? Me thinks some people haven't thought this through.

Always visit somewhere before you move there. The Phillies have many, er, "issues".

Also remember to live in the country whose women you like best! For me that's China, and here's why.

Oh, and get an English teaching qualification, it's your lifesaver if your other work turns sour.
I'm doing some stuff for a church full time. I'm charging 1250 a month for full time video/graphic design work on a 6mo contract. If only they knew I was on this site lol
goodfellas1990
Freshman Poster

Post by goodfellas1990 »

xiongmao wrote:Welcome! This forum isn't always that busy, so responses can be a little slow.

TropicalMBA

Are you in China now?
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

No, I'm in the UK. I'm planning to spend a couple of years in China, but I've got a house full of stuff to get rid of first etc. etc.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.