How to Be Free and Conscious in a Society of Enslavement and Fear

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
Winston
Site Admin

How to Be Free and Conscious in a Society of Enslavement and Fear

Post by Winston »

Hello all,
I'd like to share with you the most awakening article I've ever written. It conveys important liberating truths and lessons I’ve learned from years of research into alternative ideas and spiritual teachings by many truth seekers. I hope you will find some value in it. If you are new to alternative ideas, please meditate on these concepts and see if any of it makes sense to you after a while. If you like it, please share it with others. Thanks.

How To Be Free and Conscious in A Society of Enslavement and Fear:
Transcending the Prison Matrix of Robots, Bums and Criminals

By Winston Wu

http://www.happierabroad.com/Awakening.htm

Chinese version: http://www.happierabroad.com/Awakening-Chinese.htm
Last edited by Winston on November 9th, 2012, 10:21 am, edited 86 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

"where there's a will, there's a way."

so how do you create will? - right it´s not possible. Thinking is only a tool but not the goal.
Empyrian
Freshman Poster

Post by Empyrian »

In all societies, there has to be a unified goal and mythology surrounding it. People have to feel like they're part of something, and see a usefulness for what they're doing.

I used to work at a factory with many people from the previous generation. My father and his father before him shared the overarching mentality of that generation. The right thing to do was to work hard and stay loyal to a company- buy a house, start a family, establish some material wealth and that was your legacy to pass down to your children. To be able to afford to send those children to college was the icing on the cake. That was the American dream.

Everyone that cares works to try and improve their lives in some way. Cheap labor built this country. When my working-class ancestors came over from Europe, they worked whatever jobs they could find and became hellbent on doing whatever they could to secure money and make a living. And it gave them a sense purpose because they were directly connected to it.

But somewhere along the line, the insanity started. The standard of living went up. Some people didn't stop. The more, the better. How much was too much? What good is it to work your life away for material things? If your mortgage hopelessly locks you down, wouldn't it be better just to get a smaller house?

Some of the younger generation is starting to realize this. Now, it's harder to achieve the same standard of living that it was 50 years ago. There are some that still pursue wealth and material things because with it comes social status. And with social status comes more attractive women, popularity, friends, respect, etc. - but we are entering a different age.

I know that there are many people out there that are lost... drifting. We do not feel connected to that necessary unified purpose in society. Because our society is falling apart. You can get a good job and buy a house and still be screwed over when the economy suffers. More and more people are building gates around their houses and locking their doors at night. They aren't talking to the neighbors. Fear, ignorance, and immorality is taking over.

As Winston implied, people are starting to wake up. They discover that their choice between being a robot or a bum is not a desirable one. People are starting to ask the age-old question, 'WTF?'. People in this country have become too self-serving and care only about themselves. And how can you blame them? Why would you care about your neighbor when he's gunning for your job or your promotion?

I don't tend to organize my thoughts well but the main points I see are these:

When people start feeling as if there's no point in a society, that is a sign of a very unhealthy society. If more and more people start feeling disconnected, outside of a unified goal and purpose, the society will begin to decay from within. Things will bend until something snaps. For us, they snapped when we made the decision to pursue lives, experiences, and women abroad.

There's no security in this country anymore. More and more people are getting the mentality of "do it while you can, make the best of it, cause who knows what's gonna happen tomorrow". And rightly so. People are realizing that marriage and starting a family in the suburbs might not be the best decision for them.

The sad part is that the majority of people seem to just accept things as they are. I've been guilty of it, and I still am in some ways. All of humanity's great heroes haven't done that. They harnessed their full potential as human beings and broke the reality that surrounded them- the 'reality' that so effectively constricts some people.

Human society will always crumble and have major faults, and large majorities will cling to falling ideals and institutions because it's all they know. I always get a laugh out of that movie 'Idiocracy'. We have been given a crappy choice between being robots and bums, and we can choose to accept that choice or do the best we can to be trailblazers and make a new choice. But it takes work.
Abolish fear; abolish doubt; dismiss pride.
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

Empy, nice text. Life is shit. The fairy tales of older times don´t work. Too much thinking kills natural feelings. Which is the case in developed countries. These countries are imperialistic that´s why they work their asses off. And the others like in the PI live like apes. Which is better then being a robot or a bum in my oppinion.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

They idea is to keep people in constant state of fear and survival so they are not threat to rulling elites
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hey check out these paragraphs I added to my article. Don't they say it all about how silly, ridiculous and insane "living to work" is? Isn't this one of the most important and enlightening questions you could ever ask yourself?

New paragraphs:

In fact, this is one of the greatest and most awakening questions you could ever ask yourself: What is the point of making a living, if all you do everyday is work to make a living? It's a self-defeating circular loop and internal contradiction. What are you making a living for? What are you living for? All you're doing is maintaining a life of enslavement, with no freedom to create or find a "purpose" for your life or soul. Instead, your duty is to be a workaholic slave - just so you can "sustain" your living and pay your bills.

I urge you to seriously ponder these questions and meditate on them: What's the point of your life if you "live to work"? What are you working for? What are you "making a living" for? What are you "sustaining" exactly? Let me spell it out for you: What kind of "living" are you "making" if all you do during your "living" time is work everyday to "make a living"? LOL. You see how ridiculous, crazy and insane that is?! Think about it. If you meditate on it, you will soon get an "aha" moment of enlightenment, albeit a disturbing one, as you wonder, "How could I have not realized something so obvious all this time?" (I know I did)
Last edited by Winston on April 21st, 2012, 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

I agree with all posted above.

We have to be willing to let go of what once was, and look forward to what we are going toward. We are the new pioneers.

Is it pointless to work here? No. We are developing the successful personal habits, the record of accomplishment, the credit, banking and legal preparation, and the cash-on-hand needed to make the big change.

Some pioneers went to Jamestown. looking to get rich abroad - they assumed they could live off native labor, like Spaniards did. They had problems.

Other pioneers went to Plymouth Rock. They felt they were disgusted by the society they left behind. They saw themselves as better than those who remained. They were prepared with portable professions and crafts, and they succeeded.

Other English commoners stayed home and complained. They continued getting kicked around and getting drunk.

I guess I am suggesting that maybe we should start seeing ourselves as the seeds of something new. The spirit of the America that once was - audacity, ingenuity, integrity - planted in new soil.

Refugees from Troy founded Rome.

Fifteen hundred years later, when Rome was overrun, refugees from Rome founded Venice. Venice remained free and prosperous for a thousand years, and is still safe and civilized today.

Even when Troy was burning, Rome already existed in the loins of Aeneas.

Imagine the sheer energy and excitement of the Pilgrims, gathering supplies, organizing passage, loading a ship to go to the New World. Excitement about the new drives out sad thoughts about what was.

We are the future.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Empyrian wrote:In all societies, there has to be a unified goal and mythology surrounding it. People have to feel like they're part of something, and see a usefulness for what they're doing.

...When my working-class ancestors came over from Europe, they worked whatever jobs they could find and became hellbent on doing whatever they could to secure money and make a living. And it gave them a sense purpose because they were directly connected to it.

... Things will bend until something snaps. For us, they snapped when we made the decision to pursue lives, experiences, and women abroad. ...

The sad part is that the majority of people seem to just accept things as they are. I've been guilty of it, and I still am in some ways. All of humanity's great heroes haven't done that. They harnessed their full potential as human beings and broke the reality that surrounded them- the 'reality' that so effectively constricts some people.

Human society will always crumble and have major faults, and large majorities will cling to falling ideals and institutions because it's all they know. I always get a laugh out of that movie 'Idiocracy'. We have been given a crappy choice between being robots and bums, and we can choose to accept that choice or do the best we can to be trailblazers and make a new choice. But it takes work.
Leaving Idiocracy. Well stated.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

It's long and leans too much into false dilemma from start.

One of the challenges in writing arguments is how to keep the audience from becoming defensive or threatened, to the point where they will no longer listen to your and make persuasion impossible. When you fail to persuade the audience, you don't get to blame them for your failure. Looking at your style of writing, I think you're writing too much for yourself and justifying your own life choices (or idealized version of). Soliciting feedback from similar minded people to reinforce your own viewpoint is not persuasion.

Instead of polarizing the debate, consider acknowledging (to certain extent) the validity of your audience's viewpoint and life-choices. Give thanks to the mailman who, rain or shine, delivered your mail, and the farmer who harvested your grain in the fields for the food on your table. Then shift toward the middle ground to "work-life balance", and from there to "taking it to the next level".

In "work-life balance", work is defined as career and professional ambitions, and life is defined as health, pleasure, leisure, family, and personal/spiritual development.

Helping someone who really wants to be an artist, to quit his/her job and pursue art full time, is taking it to the next level.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ok guys, check out my article now. I've added a bunch of images to it to make it more interesting. I think it looks better now. Don't you?

Momopi, I don't understand your point. Why do you want me to sugar coat this article? Why do you call this a "false dilemma"? The points in my article are accurate, truthful, and factual. Why sugar coat it? I prefer to tell it like it is, don't you? Which of my points are you contesting as inaccurate?

This is the most awakening article I've ever written, and should not be changed just so it will offend people less. Every truth seeker prefers that I tell it like it is.

ethan_sg
Freshman Poster

Post by ethan_sg »

I can't agree more with you Winston, this article says it all.
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

ok where is this mythical winston wu land. I want to migrate there :)
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Thanks Ethan. I just added this concluding paragraph. What do you think? Isn't it an eloquent and inspiring way to close?

Finally, the most important thing I want you to remember, is this: True freedom begins in the mind. You cannot change society or the world around you, but you do have power over your own mind. So exercise it. And most importantly, STOP living in fear as you've been conditioned to in order to make you powerless, enslaveable and controllable. Fear is the one lever that the manipulators of society have over you. Without it, they are powerless. Their biggest nightmare would be for the masses of people to stop living in fear. (See the movie "V for Vendetta") Once you transcend the fear consciousness that most people are in, you will allow a huge expansion of possibilities to come into your life. Only then will you be at a consciousness level which will allow you to "create your own reality". And that's the biggest lesson I wish to impart to you, the person reading this.

Thank you for reading. Please forward this article to everyone you know to help others wake up and realize the insanity of their life and the prison matrix they live in.

Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

I think your article is great and gets right to the heart of things, Winston!

People need to stop foolishly swinging between the poles of fear and anger and need to step back and rationally take a look at their current lives. Then they need to formulate plans to escape from this system mentally, physically, or both.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Thanks Jackal. I thought you'd like it since I talk about the Eastern teaching of trying to master and control your own thoughts, which one does have power over. I will try to disseminate this article to as many outlets as I can, including by hard copy to people in person.

Btw, I expanded the part below by adding an extra paragraph after it. I think you will like this part especially:

The biggest SECRET that most people don't realize, is that they can CHOOSE to NOT accept their conditioning. They can choose to NOT believe that their purpose in life is to become enslaved and make money. They can choose to NOT identify their self-worth with career and material success. They can choose to DEFINE their own self-worth. They can choose to CREATE a life purpose for themselves. And most importantly, they can choose to STOP living in fear. They have the POWER to do all these things, and no one can take that away from them unless they let them. But most people don't realize their true power. So they let society and others define their purpose and identity for them. That's the sad reality, and why I am so passionate about helping people to wake people up to the truth about their condition and liberate them.

Likewise, when people get laid off, they can choose to NOT feel depressed or feel like a failure, by simply realizing that they are "not what they do" as they've been led to believe. (This is especially easy if you didn't even like your job) And in school, when they get a bad grade, they can choose to NOT feel bad about it, because in truth, a mark on a piece of paper means nothing unless you "think" it does. (Same with professional sports - it's not important unless you "think" it is) You can simply choose not to care, and not to give a sh**. While one cannot control many things in life, one can at least control one's THOUGHTS. No one can take that away from you unless you let them. Remember that, if nothing else. You can start by stop taking everything so seriously. Unpaid bills and debt are not going to kill you or physically harm you. The most important things in life are your health and peace of mind. If something is compromising either of those, then you're better off without it. Start by ejecting unnecessary burdens from your life so you can simplify it. Make the necessary changes.