Miss Universe changes rules to include transgender women

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
nupter
Freshman Poster

Miss Universe changes rules to include transgender women

Post by nupter »

LOS ANGELES, April 11 — The Miss Universe pageant is changing its rules and will allow transgender women to take part in all of its competitions starting in 2013, the organisation and gay rights group GLAAD said yesterday.

Yesterday’s decision follows a media outcry over the disqualification of Canadian contestant Jenna Talackova from the upcoming Miss Universe Canada contest because she was not a “naturally born femaleâ€￾.

Talackova, 23, who underwent gender reassignment surgery when she was 19, was reinstated to the Canadian competition last week by businessman Donald Trump, who owns the Miss Universe organisation. Talackova has a Canadian passport, driver’s licence and other documents that identify her as a woman.

Following consultations with the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD), Miss Universe “discussed a policy change that includes transgender women in time for the start of this fall’s 2013 pageant season; a time when most of the competitions around the world begin to take placeâ€￾, the two groups said in a joint statement.

The change brought Miss Universe into line with other groups that have taken a stand against discrimination of transgender women, including the Olympics, the Girl Scouts of America and TV show “America’s Next Top Modelâ€￾, GLAAD said.

“We have a long history of supporting equality for all women and this was something we took very seriously,â€￾ said Paula Shugart, president of the Miss Universe Organisation.

The exact language, which will abolish the long-standing rule that contestants must be “naturally born femalesâ€￾, was still being worked out, officials said.

National beauty pageants are now being held around the world to choose contestants to compete in the 2012 Miss Universe contest, to be held later this year. — Reuters
lol..

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

lavezzi
Junior Poster

Post by lavezzi »

A man being allowed into the Miss Universe competition is insanity, nothing less. This just goes to show how malleable people's minds really are. Could you imagine someone purposed this even 20 years ago? they'd be put in a mental home. But now, everything has to be politically correct towards anyone that could possibly be perceived as a minority, in order to push the liberal fascist agenda in the Western world and do away with any traditional values people have left in them.

I wonder what kind of sick and twisted shit will be pushed into the mainstream 20 years from now? Pedophilia? Zoophilia? It wouldn't surprise me..
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

lavezzi wrote:A man being allowed into the Miss Universe competition is insanity, nothing less. This just goes to show how malleable people's minds really are. Could you imagine someone purposed this even 20 years ago? they'd be put in a mental home. But now, everything has to be politically correct towards anyone that could possibly be perceived as a minority, in order to push the liberal fascist agenda in the Western world and do away with any traditional values people have left in them.

I wonder what kind of sick and twisted shit will be pushed into the mainstream 20 years from now? Pedophilia? Zoophilia? It wouldn't surprise me..
After reading that article about transgenders being allowed in the Miss Universe competition, I don't know whether or not I should laugh .................. or vomit! :lol:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
WuFan
Freshman Poster

Post by WuFan »

trannies gonna tranny

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

If the person had undergone sex reassignment surgery, I don't see an issue. If she had her surgery at age 19, it probably means that she had undergone HRT treatment for years prior.
lavezzi
Junior Poster

Post by lavezzi »

momopi wrote:If the person had undergone sex reassignment surgery, I don't see an issue. If she had her surgery at age 19, it probably means that she had undergone HRT treatment for years prior.
The issue is the principle of it. If a man wants to dress up in women's clothing or mutilate his body so he can pretend in his mind he's a woman, then so be it as that's his choice to do so. But, he will never be a woman. The principle that whatever appears to be true is true as long as it appears to be so is a complete fallacy that carries with it potentially dire consequences. Humans need to uphold strong basic principles because without them there can be no unchangeable rules and without rules there is chaos.