Non-violent Islam

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Non-violent Islam

Post by MrPeabody »

The Ahmadiyya is an Islamic religious movement founded in India near the end of the 19th century, originating with the life and teachings of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad (1835-1908). It has centers in 195 countries and a membership in the tens of millions.

Ahmad advocated peaceful propagation of Islam and argued against the necessity of Jihad in the present age. He argued that Jihad was initially necessary for the first Muslims who were being attacked by pagans, but that it was unjustified against the British who were giving the Muslims religious freedom to practice their faith.

Ahmad also claimed that Jesus wasn't executed on the cross, but that he traveled to India and lived his remaining days in Kashmir.

Ahmad accepted evolution.

Ahmad wrote over 80 books on various religious, spiritual, and theological issues. His writings are now available for free on the Internet.

The official Ahmadiyya website.

http://www.alislam.org/

Menu to free Library of Books, Articles, Periodicals, and Multimedia

http://www.alislam.org/library/

Islamic Books (English)

http://www.alislam.org/books/

British Government and Jihad - argument against Jihad

http://www.alislam.org/library/browse/v ... 5/mode/1up

Jesus in India

http://www.alislam.org/library/books/je ... index.html

Wikipedia Article

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmadiyya

Abdus Salam - Nobel laureate in Physics was a member of the Ahmadiyya.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdus_Salam
Last edited by MrPeabody on February 4th, 2011, 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Well, in many ways, Islam, violent and non violent is overwhelming the West because these people believe in marriage and family and making many many kids. Women are subservient to men and men can have up to 4 wives. Not a bad deal. While there are extreme cases, most Muslim women are quite happy. White white Christians are dying out, these keep procreating. Numerically the future is theirs. And the feminists will just die out anyway.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
petterwilliam
Freshman Poster

Post by petterwilliam »

Islamic Books are an essential part of learning about the religion of Islam. I want to get some knowledge from these books. Can you tell me from where I can get free islamic books?

free islamic books
odbo
Veteran Poster

Re: Non-violent Islam

Post by odbo »

MrPeabody wrote:The Ahmadiyya is an Islamic religious movement founded in India near the end of the 19th century, originating with the life and teachings of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad (1835-1908). It has centers in 195 countries and a membership in the tens of millions.

Ahmad advocated peaceful propagation of Islam and argued against the necessity of Jihad in the present age. He argued that Jihad was initially necessary for the first Muslims who were being attacked by pagans, but that it was unjustified against the British who were giving the Muslims religious freedom to practice their faith
gatekeeper!!?
MrPeabody wrote:Ahmad accepted evolution.
Change over time or origin of species?
I'll check it out
ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster

Peace

Post by ErikHeaven »

4 wives sounds goods to me. Not the religion though.
onlineislamicbooks
Freshman Poster

islamic books online

Post by onlineislamicbooks »

its really good see this kind of information. I have found some great Online Islamic Books source.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

@MrPeabody

I got a question. How do you explain all the verses in the Koran that call for violence and killing of infidels, which people quote and use against Islam? How do you explain that or account for it if Islam is a non-violent religion?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

What is wrong with violence? Most people alive today deserve to be killed.

I follow the Old Testament which is actually more violent than the Quran.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

fschmidt wrote:
February 7th, 2021, 10:41 pm

Lol. How come then most New Age people claim that "most people are wonderful people"? lol. You and George Carlin say the opposite, that most people are scumbags. lol. Who is right?

I would say that most people are not good or evil, but they are selfish scumbags. For instance, most people would not even return a library book if there were no penalties. Most people who borrow something from me never return it. If I hound them about it they keep saying ok ok, but they don't and eventually when they move, the borrowed object is lost in the move and gone forever. I hate that. So I never loan anything out to people anymore unless I know they are responsible about keeping their promises. Unfortunately the most reliable people are the anal retentive types. Very few people are virtuous anymore.

Don't religious people say that the OT doesn't apply anymore to the modern world, and only to the ancient world?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

MrPeabody wrote:
February 4th, 2011, 6:03 pm
The Ahmadiyya is an Islamic religious movement founded in India
The question remains if Ahmadiyya are Muslims. In Pakistan, a very hardliner Muslim country they are not allowed to call themselves Muslims.
Many Muslims worldwide consider them as heretics or infidels.
It's a rather new religion or cult, created around 1900. Not really Muslim, but also not really Christian.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

fschmidt wrote:
So you think about yourself you also deserve to become a victim of violence and even to be killed?

BTW, The Old Testament is also a part of the Quran.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Yohan wrote:
February 8th, 2021, 1:54 am
fschmidt wrote:
So you think about yourself you also deserve to become a victim of violence and even to be killed?

BTW, The Old Testament is also a part of the Quran.
How so? The Qur'an endorses the Taurat, Mazmur, and Injil (Torah, Psalms, and Gospel) and indicates that these are true writings, but modern Muslims say the versions of the Bible available today are corrupted. The thing is, there is plenty of evidence that these books have been preserved well since way before Muhammad's lifetime. For example, the dead sea scrolls contained a copy of the book of Isaiah from 200 AD which speaks of Christ's death.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Peace

Post by Yohan »

ErikHeaven wrote:
July 1st, 2011, 4:08 pm
4 wives sounds goods to me. Not the religion though.
While 4 wives sounds good the question remains however who will pay for them? Only rich Muslim men can do that.
Muslim women and their parents are known to be rather materialistic and to ask for a lot of money.
Many poor Muslim men have no other choice but to stay alone or with some male friends.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Winston wrote:
February 7th, 2021, 11:52 pm
Lol. How come then most New Age people claim that "most people are wonderful people"?
Because they are morons.
You and George Carlin say the opposite, that most people are scumbags. lol. Who is right?
Who do you think is smarter, George Carlin and me or New Age people?
I would say that most people are not good or evil, but they are selfish scumbags.
Most people are evil because they are morons who learn evil from the evil elite. Masks for example. The way to avoid this is to give the people good religious guidance.
Don't religious people say that the OT doesn't apply anymore to the modern world, and only to the ancient world?
This is mostly correct because modern people have become too stupid to understand the OT. The OT does apply but is only relevant for those with the intelligence to understand it.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

MrPeabody wrote:
February 4th, 2011, 6:03 pm
The Ahmadiyya is an Islamic religious movement
No it isn't. The Ahmadiyya treat Ahmad like a prophet which means that they are not Muslim. And in fact they are liberal degenerate scum.