Hypothetical scenario ... let's say you were rich

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Hypothetical scenario ... let's say you were rich

Post by S_Parc »

This is an open type of question for the guys ... you're living in US or Canada and for some reason, you buy equity in a startup hedge fund, it goes gangbusters, and soon, you're getting residual income ranging from $500K to $3 million per year.

How would you structure your life afterwards?
rome86
Freshman Poster

Post by rome86 »

move out of north america first and settle down in some of those foreign countries.
hello
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Hypothetical scenario ... let's say you were rich

Post by momopi »

S_Parc wrote:This is an open type of question for the guys ... you're living in US or Canada and for some reason, you buy equity in a startup hedge fund, it goes gangbusters, and soon, you're getting residual income ranging from $500K to $3 million per year.
How would you structure your life after-wards?
Well, I'd give my parents an increase on their allowance, then buy myself one of these:

http://www.france-prestige-real-estate. ... /index.htm

Preferably in Bordeaux region with a nice little chateau. I don't need a castle ($$ heating bill $$!). Somewhere near a river or lakes for fishing is a bonus.

odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

buy my own island in the caribbean or indian ocean. or at least lease one from some jerk who bought it for $50,000 in the 1970s.

invest in some affordable air-defense from moldova or wherever (to keep the NWO at bay)

while keeping my army of child warriors loyal with plenty of video games and classic cartoons

i'd spend a few years reading philosophy, learning to play the piano and impregnating my female staff before dying in a suspicious plane crash coming back from a trip to montenegro
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Ah, Moldova doesn't have S-300 SAM for sale, you need to buy those from Russia.

Alternatively you can buy HQ-9 from China:

Or the cheaper KS-1A:

They're not effective vs. stealth planes though.