Do most of us have Asperger's or are we just too introverted and freethinking?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Spencer
Junior Poster

Re: Do most of us have Asperger's or are we just too introverted and intellectual?

Post by Spencer »

yick wrote:
September 17th, 2020, 4:41 am
MarcosZeitola wrote:
September 17th, 2020, 3:27 am

It's been observed that about 50% of "English teachers" in Asia are on the autistic spectrum. No brilliance to be found, but a whole lot of social retardation and general awkwardness.

Oooh, big number that! Who observed it? I would love to read about it.

Too high a number, no doubt crazies and nutjobs exist but 50% of "English Teachers" that I have met aren't on the autistic spectrum though some people with autism end up teaching here, I am sure they also exist in every other facet of life wherever in the world.

Most English teachers in Asia are normal people! :wink:
Morelike depresion when get past 35s so ofen turn drinkards for sadnes as realty hits for if youngman english teach 1 or 2 year feel like big party with sexy asia girl easy pie then go home but if stay aging past 30s creeps on you like froggy in slow boil water that girls dispear and asia society more more look down on you big fat loser elding whiteman stuck with salary freeze and only can comiseration other drinkard depresion whiteman who not escape the ilusion for return real world in time before get too old
"Close mind genus more dangrous than 10,000 dumwits" - Spencer

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

"Wiseton is a very dynamic individual, what most would call a genius. He's started a movement, and only genius types can do such a thing." - Boycottamericanwomen

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Do most of us have Asperger's or are we just too introverted and intellectual?

Post by yick »

Spencer wrote:
September 17th, 2020, 8:52 am
yick wrote:
September 17th, 2020, 4:41 am
MarcosZeitola wrote:

It's been observed that about 50% of "English teachers" in Asia are on the autistic spectrum. No brilliance to be found, but a whole lot of social retardation and general awkwardness.

Oooh, big number that! Who observed it? I would love to read about it.

Too high a number, no doubt crazies and nutjobs exist but 50% of "English Teachers" that I have met aren't on the autistic spectrum though some people with autism end up teaching here, I am sure they also exist in every other facet of life wherever in the world.

Most English teachers in Asia are normal people! :wink:
Morelike depresion when get past 35s so ofen turn drinkards for sadnes as realty hits for if youngman english teach 1 or 2 year feel like big party with sexy asia girl easy pie then go home but if stay aging past 30s creeps on you like froggy in slow boil water that girls dispear and asia society more more look down on you big fat loser elding whiteman stuck with salary freeze and only can comiseration other drinkard depresion whiteman who not escape the ilusion for return real world in time before get too old
Depression seems to be a big part of Western life, so yup, you do get depressed teachers here like you do in every single part of western life. Alcohol (and alcoholism) is a big part of TEFL, a lot of teachers turned to the drink but it has nothing to do with what Asian society thinks of them... nobody gives a shit about what Asian society thinks of them, that is wrong on so many levels - the reason why many of them turn to drink is because they're bored! And unlike back home, it is cheap to drink and smoke here and it is widely available when you go out for a meal... they're bored in their adopted society, they don't have hobbies, they have a full weekend (long weekends even...) with nothing to do and they have a few drinks with their colleagues - it all adds up.

As for salary freezes - my wages go up every year and will continue to do so, if you have crap qualifications then money isn't good but if you have good qualifications then money is good, I know this from personal experience. 8)
Winston
Site Admin

Re:

Post by Winston »

Repatriate wrote:
July 8th, 2013, 9:35 am
Asperger's is a real thing but I doubt anyone here has it. Real Aspies have problems relating with people and are extremely awkward. If you can come to this forum and communicate and relate social experiences then you are not an Aspie.
I would tend to agree. That's my gut feeling and hunch as well. But since I don't know much about Asperger's, I'm trying to find out about it and see if most of us have it here, which explains why we are different. I've been wondering for years myself about why I am different from others, even though I never chose to be. It's a big mystery and 64k question. So I'm exploring all possible explanations. This is just one of them. I can't rule it out without looking into it first. That's what good researchers do.

When I was in 4th grade, I was automatically slapped with the label "mistfit/outcast" and treated as such, out of nowhere, without my permission. I swear to God. Since then, I've always wondered why most people in America dislike me and excluded me for no logical reason. Even the "Christians brothers" at church seemed to want to exclude me, albeit politely. Just by asking this kind of question will draw a lot of ridicule and insults of course, but such ridicule does not contain any logical answers or insights or explanations, so they are useless and contain many fallacies too.

@HouseMD is what Repatriate says above true? Or does it only apply to low functioning people on the extreme end of autism?
SilverEnergy wrote:
July 8th, 2013, 10:06 am
Why are you guys so obsessed with Aspergers and Autism?

Most introverts are not either one.
I would agree. But some people on the forum, such as the judgmental guys above, seem to use Aspergers as a label that they slap onto anyone they don't like or think is weird or want to shame or ridicule. Thus it's a shaming tactic, typical of judgmental bastards. That's what muddies the waters here. I'm wondering how much of Asperger's is real and how much is just a label and shaming tactic from assholes who like to judge others and put a negative label on them.

In the second page of this thread, someone said that there is neurological evidence that Asperger's is real which can be determinded from a brain scan or catscan. And that this evidence shows that Aspies are neurologically wired differently and have a different brain structure. If that's true then that is objective evidence, not a hate label. What that means is that unless a brain scan shows that I have Asperger's according to objective scientific criteria, then anyone who calls me an Aspie is just a hater who wants to put a label on me to shame me and discredit me and ridicule me, and therefore not credible. Such people are not my real friends of course, but they do exist, even on this forum.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re:

Post by Winston »

theprimebait wrote:
July 8th, 2013, 11:29 am
Mr.Darcy wrote:We live in a society where if you're not some confident machine acting stud than you are looked down upon. This results in many people trying to act like something they aren't and many single desperate men. It does not surprise me that people are developing mental illnesses. We live in a society designed to make us sick. What's worse, you can't even acknowledge it because of the positive/denial cult that reigns over america.
Where does mainstream (western) culture ''get'' the idea that being a loud aggressive and low IQ chump is a epitome of manliness?

High Testosterone calms and cools a person's demeanor. Whats interesting is that high Testosterone men are cool and calmed and not particurly outgoing or violently aggressive. only high cortisol is responsible for that. people think being extroverted and super talkative is a sign of masculine aggression when it isn't. the stereotypical ''Stud'' would not be aggressive or extroverted. they are only aggressive when provoked. the Jersey shore types who act uber confident are overcompensating.

The logical conclusion is that quietness and calmness is a manly trait, while extroversion and show offness is a feminine one (hence why high estrogenic gay men are so flamboyant).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyAgTHqNKuQ

See the difference in demeanor and intellect between the masculine one in the white shirt and the less masculine one

(both are above average in masculinity but you can see from the guy in the white shirt's voice that he is more masculine and has higher T levels, notice his calmness and higher contemplation).
I would agree. True traditional masculine males would be like John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, Charlton Heston, Charles Bronson. Those men said what they needed to. They were not loud or arrogant or funny comedians. They were strong and firm and down to earth. They were nice in situations where niceness was warranted, and tough in situations that required toughness. That's how good decent strong masculine men are, the epitome of such men that is, and in a good healthy society that is.

What we have today in modern America is upside down, that's why nothing makes sense. Goodness is seen as weak and bad boys are seen as good. Society and culture have reached a low point in the cycle, that's why things are upside down. The cycle I guess has to get to the low point before it can come back up again. It's just a natural progression of up and down, or like in Hinduism, we are in the Kali Yuga cycle where people are materialistic and all about "what's in it for me?" So when the dark side of the Force is ruling, everything is upside down and goodness is seen as a weakness. Villains always say that too, like the ones in Star Wars. They claim that things like "mercy and love and weaknesses" when they should be strengths. Vice becomes virtue and virtues become vice in an upside down world.

Many of us can see that, but some of us, like @MarcosZeitola cannot and think that misfits are the problem and that the mainstream is always normal and right. He has a hive mind that condemns freethinkers and sees them in a negative light and some sort of weird bias against us. I wonder why.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Winston
Site Admin

Re:

Post by Winston »

Cornfed wrote:
July 8th, 2013, 1:03 pm
Aspergers is just what they call people capable of human thought in dysfunctional societies where the elite don't like this. In case no-one has noticed, it is the "normal" majority that is f***ed up.
Right, so in this case of the Parable of the Poisoned Well, would the King who refused to drink the poisoned water be labeled an Aspie? lol

"The Parable of the Poisoned Well:

There was once a wise king who ruled over a vast city. He was feared for his might and loved for his wisdom. Now in the heart of the city, there was a well whose waters were pure and crystalline from which the king and all the inhabitants drank. When all were asleep, an enemy entered the city and poured seven drops of a strange liquid into the well. And he said that henceforth all who drink this water shall become mad.

All the people drank of the water, but not the king. And the people began to say, "The king is mad and has lost his reason. Look how strangely he behaves. We cannot be ruled by a madman, so he must be dethroned."

The king grew very fearful, for his subjects were preparing to rise against him. So one evening, he ordered a golden goblet to be filled from the well, and he drank deeply. The next day, there was great rejoicing among the people, for their beloved king had finally regained his reason."

What do you think @MarcosZeitola? lol

Also Marcos, check out all these similar quotes by many great authors, writers and philosophers that say similar things that we say. Are they all Aspies too? lol

http://www.happierabroad.com/Quotes_Insanity.htm

Winston
Site Admin

Re:

Post by Winston »

Tsar wrote:
Bane wrote:These symptoms seem more like excessive social anxiety disorder rather than Asperger's.
I agree. Living in America has given me major social anxiety. Many of the girls are feminists and man-haters, that want bad boys. Many of the guys my own age are manginas or jerks. Most people my age are into cliques. The media portrays every man as a potential rapist, pedophile, murderer, criminal, or aggressor. Many people don't want to interact with anyone who is not part of their crowd. Smiling or even looking at a woman can be considered sexual harassment or provoke a negative reaction (in healthy societies it's viewed as flirting). Most people don't want to maintain eye contact for similar reasons. These are some of many reasons why men are more likely to have social anxiety in America and the other Anglo countries. The system and the country's toxic policies give boys and men social anxiety.

Being single and not having a girlfriend increases the social anxiety because most men want romantic companionship. Most girls in the feminist Anglo countries don't want romance or love, they want lust driven relationships with scum and bad boys.

In many other countries that have healthy social dynamics there is much less social anxiety and social anxiety is more accepted. Many people will learn to overcome their anxiety with time in a country with healthy social dynamics.
Joelwilliams89 wrote:
July 9th, 2013, 1:46 am
Bro I know exactly what you mean. If I am in a crowd of Americans, I feel a lot of anxiety and almost have a panic attack.

But then if I go to Asia and am in a crowd of Asians, I feel fine, no anxiety at all.

So obviously the problem is not me, or else the panic and anxiety would be there in both situations. Obviously the problem is with America.

America is a profoundly sick society. Unfortunately, rather than take responsibility for it's sickness and decay, society (read: women) blame men for all of their problems.

Remember, the majority of people who believe in psychology are women. Women are not very intelligent and are very easy to mislead. So the huge push for psychiatry is coming from women, and the push to drug young boys and to classify non-douschebag men as mentally ill.

Once again, the problem is that women are given too much freedom. America is going to collapse, there's nothing we can do to stop it at this point. And in fact, we should encourage feminists to become even more extreme in their misandry because that will mean the collapse will happen faster. At this point, we should encourage all negative social trends, because it will speed up the death of society.
The above two quotes are some of the BEST poists in this forum. They should be added to a "Best posts" thread here. They are totally spot on and hit the nail on the head. They should be plaqued on the wall as among the greatest timeless quotes of all time.

Yes I've said that many times too. WHY is it that I don't have SOCIAL ANXIETY when I leave the US? I've asked this KEY question many times, but my bashers and critics cannot answer that, because it doesn't give them ammo to shoot at me, which is their agenda of course. Instead it leads to another direction. The honest answer is that outside the US, in most overseas countries, people and women are a lot more DOWN TO EARTH. People who are down to earth are a lot easier to connect with and talk to. They make you feel normal and authentic, like you can be yourself around them. They don't make you feel like a creep or pervert when you talk to them. They make you feel like a normal human being. Thus there's NO REASON to feel any social anxiety. Very simple logic.

My 38 hours of video footage in Russia prove this too of course, because in them, you can see that I have NO social anxiety outside the US. They are hard proof that can't be refuted. That's why I made the footage.

@MarcosZeitola since you think most of us, including me, are losers and dysfunctional misfits, and that my intellect is "overhyped", how do you explain that? How would you SPIN that into an insult and bash against me to try to make me look like "the problem" in your subjective anti-HA view? lol. It's logically impossible for you to spin this against me and us of course, so I'm wondering how you would do it, since that is your agenda right? You are definitely biased, NOT objective and neutral right?

If I don't feel social anxiety with foreigners and only with Americans, like Joelwilliams89 said, then logically the problem CANNOT be me right? You can't refute that. It's logical and solid. Thus my critics always dodge the question. If you are smarter than my critics Marcos, and can find a way to SPIN this against me, using logical reasoning, then I dare you to try to do so. I'll bet you can't.

Winston
Site Admin

Re:

Post by Winston »

onethousandknives wrote:
July 9th, 2013, 3:59 am
I've been officially diagnosed with Aspergers by psychologists. I have NVLD, though, which is right brain hemisphere dysfunction. NVLD makes my verbal IQ really high, and my nonverbal IQ very low. So the nonverbal affects things like visual spatial skills, social skills, emotions, etc. So I do have "Aspergers" but it's symptomatic from my NVLD, which is the real issue. NVLD is a rare disorder, and it's not really able to be treated using psychology, so yeah.

As far as foreign countries. People in foreign countries have Aspergers. I think it depends on culture. For example, something like 30% of Swiss people could qualify as having Aspergers based on questionares they've answered. I don't think this means they have Aspergers, but certain societies someone with Aspergers tendencies will fit into more and others less. Some societies are more forgiving, etc. At least this is my experience being friends with foreigners here in the States. The other thing having Aspergers does is, if you do something dumb in a foreign country, it may be written off as a cultural difference/misunderstanding, and not that you're a bad person. Lastly, I think the "social rules" get explained again, so you might have a better idea of the "rules" in a foreign country because they were clearly explained to you, whereas in your own country you're expected to just pick up on them.

I PERSONALLY think whether or not you have Aspergers isn't something to worry about much unless you can get services to help you (ie, the state's gotten me a good job with their disability program...) There's no use in a diagnosis where it's like "congrats, we can't help you or do anything at all for you." And that's generally what happens with an AS diagnosis. And it's subjective. One psych may tell you that you have AS, another may say you're just "depressed" or whatever. So it's pointless. In my case, I disregarded all my psychological diagnosis until I found out my NVLD one was true, the NVLD diagnosis is a lot easier as it's concretely provable, whereas psychological diagnosis are not.
@onethousandknives what is NVLD? What does it stand for?

What is verbal IQ and non verbal IQ? Is verbal IQ like speaking skills and writing skills, and non verbal IQ is like EQ? I have a little problem with spatial skills too. I cannot play basketball. And I cannot drive at 80 mph safely like everyone else can either. I can drive safely at 65 mph or sometimes 70 mph. But it seems everyone these days can push the gas pedal hard and go 80 mph all the time and not fear crashing or risk crashing, even if the freeway is full of other cars. Even on an open freeway with no cars around, like in the middle of Arizona, I don't feel safe going that fast, nor is it necessary either since I'm trying to enjoy the scenery. I don't understand why everyone feels the need to drive super fast like that. Does that mean I am an Aspie if my wavelength is slower than others and cannot drive safely at 80 mph like normal people can? 65 mph is not too slow, nor is 70 mph of course, but when you drive at that speed in the US everyone passes you up and tail gates you, even drivers of average IQ or low IQ pass you up and can go 80 or 85 mph safely without crashing. How do they do that? I've asked this for years, no one can give me a real answer. No one knows.

Are you able to drive ok with your NVLD? Does your NVLD affect your sensory motor reflexes or coordination?

I am right brained too. Does that mean I may have NVLD? How would they know? Did they do a brain scan or catscan of your brain? Someone in an earlier post said that Aspies are wired differently with different brain structure. Is that unanimously agreed upon or controversial and hotly debated? If they didn't, then isn't it just conjecture or a label slapped onto you? Where do you the draw line between what's real and what's a label of condemnation slapped upon you by those who don't like you?

Yes this whole Aspie thing could be cultural too. For example, in Japan and Taiwan, young people are taught never to express themselves and confidence is a vice, not virtue. Thus every young person acts super shy and weak and repressed. No one is articulate or assertive. Only older folks are sometimes, but never younger folks. You will see that for sure if you go to Japan or Taiwan. That's normal here in Taiwan. So we could say that Taiwanese tend to be Aspies and that is normal to them? But in mainland China, people are taught to be blunt and direct, like American East Coasters and NYers are, so they appear more confident and straightforward than Taiwanese/Japanese, comparatively. I wonder how much of this is genetic or innate. It could be that Asians are naturally more shy and that is their nature? If so, and they are naturally Aspie, then Aspie becomes the norm right? I wonder what the mental health establishment says about that. Probably, they avoid the issue since it's not politically correct to criticize any foreign cultures.

Can an Aspie at least have good customer service skills and answer phones or wait tables and be polite, courteous and professional toward customers? If so, then that is considered normal and functioning right? Not having any social life is not always your fault, if you don't connect with anyone around you, then that's the way it's meant to be, it's not a choice. One cannot force others to be your friends or connect with you, if they don't then they don't. Chemistry or connection is not a choice. It's either natural or it isn't. It can't be forced or "made to happen" if it's not natural right?

Btw I notice some people, like me and Rock, do not talk well in front of a group, but we are good at talking to people one on one. But most people it seems, shine in groups when they are speaking in front of an audience, but one on one they are awkward, not as articulate or assertive as when they are in a group, so they are the reverse of us. Which is more normal?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

HouseMD wrote:
September 16th, 2020, 3:06 am
1. No. They usually just don't have the same interests or desires as others. Being different doesn't make you socially inept, and in many cases actually can benefit you socially. People with Aspergers can't recognize social cues and thus tend to irritate those around them because they can't tell when they are doing so. It's a lack of mirror neurons, or so the theory goes, which are neurons in the part of the brain that allows you to see and reflect on the behavioral patterns of those around you. Plenty of very odd people have great social skills, and it is these social skills that are what allow them to be effective communicators and lead to their ideas being remembered.

2. No. First off, caring about "deeper things" doesn't simultaneously make one unable to appreciate the rest of life. The idea that great philosophers were all lonely recluses is largely nonsense, aside from a few exceptions. People who have the "oh I'm so deep you just can't relate" mentality are usually not mentally ill, they're either childishly simple to the point they think their ideas are profound (think the guy writing songs for his high school band) or so wrapped up in their own belief that they're great (in a grandiose sort of way) that their ego depends on the idea that they are better than other people. These people are generally considered what the Brits would call wankers, and don't have Aspergers or any other mental illness. They're just annoyingly wrapped up in a superiority complex.

3. I can't diagnose someone I've never seen. You certainly sound annoying though. Not all annoying children have mental or neurological illness. Actually, the vast majority do not. Whether it's due to a condition only a doctor could tell you. Aspergers is just a no longer used word for a specific kind of autism. Autism is more a neurological than psychiatric disease, and the social variants really have no evidence based treatment, that's just kind of how a person is. A very, very small percentage of the population has this particular variant of autism, but it is defined by an absence of the ability to properly recognize social cues and facial expressions and the like. You can show them video of certain situations that any normal person would say, "oh this woman is clearly annoyed at this man she is having dinner with" but they will just see two people having dinner, for instance, since they miss the social cues. Most people who think differently can still understand social context and read the expressions of others and thus do not have autism of any stripe.

4. There's different kinds of psychiatrists. Some do only talk therapy, but 90% do medication management and refer out for therapy. There are good therapists and bad therapists out there, and most aren't all that good. A good therapist though, they are with their weight in gold.
Thanks for your honest answers @HouseMD. So if aspergers/autism means not being able to read facial expressions, then that can't be me then. Because I am very observant and sensitive and empathetic with others and can read body language well.

But what about people who simply don't care if other people are giving off negative social cues? Some people are very outspoken and believe that as long as they are telling the truth, it doesn't matter if others are offended or not. Does that make them socially inept or sociopathic? What about people who hold extreme unpopular opinions like Neo Nazis or White Nationalists? A lot of them are very intellectual too, like David Duke or Jared Taylor, yet they are marginalized. They don't care if their views offend people as long as they believe they are speaking the truth. Is that courage or autism or sociopathy to you? Where do you draw the line?

Someone said above that Aspies have different brains which is proven by science. Do psychiatrists today use catscans to prove if a patient is an Aspie or not? Is the catscan a requirement in diagnosis?

The thing I'm confused about is that lots of traits fit into many categories of mental disorder. How does a clinician decide which one you belong to if you fit 5 or 10 labels for example? For example, a narcissist will talk for hours without stopping or saying "What do you think?". Does that mean they cannot read social cues or know when to stop? That could fit Aspies, like you said, or it could just be narcissism too. You see what I mean? That's why this thing is confusing.

Also, if I daydream a lot and don't pay attention to class or to other because I'm bored, it could be ADHD or ADD right? Or I simply am bored and don't care about boring subjects. If you are watching a movie you really like you will be glued to it, otherwise your mind will wander. Isn't that normal? It could be. But the thing is, some students are able to concentrate and take notes in class and memorize lots of data, even if they find the subject boring. Japanese and Chinese students can pay attention in class even if they think the class is boring. How can they do that, but I can't? Does that mean I have ADD or am I normal to lose interest in boring subjects? Do you see what I mean? There are two ways of looking at it. Which way is right and which is wrong?

Do you have any psychiatrist friends or colleagues? If so, maybe you can forward them my questions above and see what they think?

Thanks for your time.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Do most of us have Asperger's or are we just too introverted, authentic and intellectual?

Post by Winston »

@HouseMD I forgot to address something. You said:
The idea that great philosophers were all lonely recluses is largely nonsense, aside from a few exceptions.
I would disagree 1000 percent. It's true that not all great philosophers are recluses, but they've all said they felt alienated from the mainstream, at least intellectually. They've also battled depression as well as alienation. For example, look at the long list of authors and philosophers here:

http://www.happierabroad.com/Quotes_Insanity.htm

As you can see, they all agree with us that the world is mad and that most people, the mainstream, are insane. That's a long list of people. So what I say is definitely common, not rare or true of only "a few exceptions" like you said.

Now I admit that it is strange that 19th century philosophers like Nietzsche and Schopenhauer were alienated from their society. I mean 19th Century Germany was not like 1980s California where I grew up, where everyone was fake, pretentious and cliquish. No way. 19th Century Germans were very down to earth, had traditional values, authentic, and real. Men were men and women were women. Germany is also an intellectual country. So there was no excuse for those philosophers to be alienated. It could be that they had mental disorders. Or it could be that they were just depressed and lost the ability to enjoy life.

You gotta remember that many great poets were depressed too. Wasn't it Edgar Allen Poe or Robert Frost who committed suicide? In fact, most comedians are depressed too, and their stand up comedies are just a coping mechanism. Did you know that? Even many psychologists and mental health clinicians are secretly depressed. Even happy go lucky actors like Robin Williams was secretly depressed and committed suicide it seems.

And all the greatest classical music composers like Mozart or Beethoven were depressed and alienated too and felt like they were misunderstood. That's common knowledge. Didn't you know that?

Haven't you heard this saying: "There's a fine line between geniusness and madness"? Do you know what it means? It means geniusness and madness can be two sides of the same coin. They go together hand in hand. What you consider madness could be geniusness cloaked in a form you don't recognize. Many great artists and writers were not recognized until after they died. Like Mozart, or great painters like Vincent Van Gogh. They were alienated and misunderstood too. Because they were geniuses and geniusness and madness go together. Such great artists, writers and composers are many, and many could be named. In fact, lots of great people are not recognized until after they die. They are awarded posthumously. Every historian knows this.

Every intellectual and historian knows this and mentions it in their books and essays. Why do you and @MarcosZeitola not know about this? You don't even take it into account. I feel like a history teacher giving you guys lessons for free. Geez. MarcosZeitola, show this post to your wife, and ask her if she knows what I am talking about, since she's so intellectual as you claim.

There are many School of Life videos about this, great people who were not recognized until after their death. Here is one about Franz Kafka for instance. He only wrote 3 or 4 short stories, but they didn't become great classics until after he died. During his short life, he didn't do well with women, but he had a strong sex drive, so like some here, he had to resort to using prostitutes a lot. His life was lonely and tragic, a lot of it due to circumstances that were not his fault.

What you fail to understand HouseMD, is that happy people don't become philosophers. If you were a hot American girl and had it easy and men gave you everything you wanted, then you'd be spoiled and superficial and flighty. You wouldn't need to look deeper for meaning like unhappy depressed people do. Only depressed alienated people need to look deeper for meaning and think about existential issues. That's what drives philosophers. People have known this for centuries. Why do you guys not know this? Most of the intellectuals in this forum know this too. Are you and MarcosZeitola less intellectual than most of the posters here? lol. How do you not know these things?

Thus, your statement above was HUGELY WRONG. That's why I say I disagree 1000 percent, for a lot of good reasons I outlined above, not just pure opinion. Remember that my opinions are well informed and based on good reasons. Unlike the masses that just follow the herd and have no other reasons for their opinions. Some people appreciate that (like Spencer and many others here), but some like you and MarcosZeitola, do not. Others are in the middle ground, like @hypermak.

You know, just because you and MarcosZeitola are not deep doesn't mean the rest of us are not either. You can only speak for yourself, not others. Agreed?

Also HouseMD, you said:
I can't diagnose someone I've never seen. You certainly sound annoying though.
Well that's the thing isn't it? I'm annoying to you because we disagree on a lot of things. If we were on the same page about most things, you would say "You are brilliant and spot on Winston!" That's human nature. Haven't you noticed that obvious pattern? When someone says something that reflects our deepest feelings and thoughts, we all say that they are "brilliant and spot on and insightful". But if we don't agree with them, then we find them annoying. We all find feminists annoying here, for example, even if they are nice people in real life. You see how subjective that is?

Again, keep in mind that these are opinions, not facts. MarcosZeitola also needs to learn this. He acts like his opinions are facts when in reality, they are not. He needs to understand that his opinions are NOT objective reality and do not represent everyone else's views too. To assume that your opinions are all facts is sheer arrogance. He has a lot to learn and needs to evolve too.

@hypermak what do you think about all this? Do you agree with me for the most part?

hypermak
Experienced Poster

Re: Do most of us have Asperger's or are we just too introverted, authentic and intellectual?

Post by hypermak »

Winston wrote:
September 17th, 2020, 11:12 pm
@hypermak what do you think about all this? Do you agree with me for the most part?
I don't agree with all of it, @Winston. Sure, many thinkers of our times could be considered social outcasts. Many of them were heavy opium users, they didn't have a family and were into brothels and questionable activities. There were also many others who were married with kids, respectable members of academic institutions, published authors etc.

I don't think one can draw a line and say, with certainty, that someone who is a social outcast is an intellectual genius, or innovator, and vice-versa those who are socially well-adjusted are doomed to be mediocre inside-the-box thinkers. It's unfair for both sides.

I haven't read all posts on this thread but I can find points of agreement with @MarcosZeitola. You and many other, including myself maybe, haven't found the kind of satisfaction and happiness they were looking for in their home countries. You felt more in your element in Russia and here in the Philippines, for all its limitations and problems, you can easily find girls who will entertain you and make you feel like a Boss for a few thousand pesos, whenever you want.

To say that everybody who goes abroad is automatically on the autism spectrum or a hopeless introverted, that's a bit too farfetched. There are millions of different reasons why one would venture themselves in a different country, for a year or 10 years. I just don't think it's fair, or correct, to generalise.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
Most people on this forum aren't anywhere intelligent enough to have a mental illness that allows one to focus on a single subject and become develop skills that would enable you to have a lucrative career in programming, science or the IT sector. Maybe at most they'd be the lower-functioning step on the autistic spectrum who collects stamps or little model trains and obsesses over a single subject that won't get them any cash or recognition. They just get the social awkwardness, trouble establishing or getting in or maintaining relationships and general bad vibes. Doesn't know when to shut it.

No one here, not a single person on HA (myself included) is "too intellectual". That's just a sorry excuse. There's a lot more stupidity here than there is genius, just like in the general population. The problem is all the idiots thinking they're geniuses, because many of them are coddled only children... again, Winston... well-off, only child. Special snowflake. :wink: The 'only original thinker from Asia'. :roll: :roll:
I'm sorry I don't get your point. Are you saying that aspies that focus on one thing are intelligent or not? I don't get which side of the fence you're on.

I do agree with you about English teachers in Asia though. A lot of them are losers and weirdos. Not all are nice down to earth people. A lot of them BS a lot too and act airheadish. But if they can speak in front of a class and teach English in a clear crisp voice, doesn't that make them functioning adults? I know some English teachers in Asia and some are ok but others are weird and airheadish. Some are just eccentric. But some lie and BS a lot and claim that they are getting laid all the time and that it's easy to get sex and that girls are always staring at them with sexual lust, etc. Ask @WorldTraveler, he knows countlesss guys that claim that but when you investigate they have no evidence that they are always getting laid by women, and are full of hot air.

I hotly disagree with your last paragraphs. Being too intellectual can and does intimidate many people who cannot keep up on your wavelength. This is true and many dumb people admit it too.

Most people are not intellectual at all. They are focused on survival and following the sheeple herd. We all know that. That's common sense. Who do you think you are fooling? Let me prove it to you. Try this:

Find an average guy of average intelligence in Asia or America. Offer to pay him to come to this forum and post his intelligent observations or opinions WITHOUT copying or pasting stuff, ORIGINAL posts only! You will find that most average people cannot take you up on that offer, because they have no intelligent opinions to add here and even if you pay them, cannot think of anything to write. No kidding. Try it and you will see. I know this because most mainstream people I've met cannot hold an intelligent conversation here or add intelligent observations or opinions here even if you paid them. Especially in Asia where people are taught not to have any opinions at all. Especially China, Taiwan, Japan. Try it and you will see. Average people definitely cannot participate here. Why do you think the spammers here only post form letters or copy and paste links and advertising text only? lol

Now Marcos, keep in mind that your OPINION is only YOUR OPINION. Not fact. Do you understand? You may think we are "average and nothing special" but I don't agree and others do not agree either. What makes you right and others wrong? Furthermore, why do you say your wife is brilliant and smart but we are just average and normal? Why isn't your wife average and normal and nothing special too? lol. Isn't that due to your bias? Why do you cite your narrow opinions like they are facts? What is your evidence and basis to say that we are just average and normal like the mainstream? lol. I can give you lots of evidence to the contrary. For example:

1. Have you seen this list of quotes about me being the most freethinking Asian? They are REAL third party quotes about me. Some are from this forum too and linked here, others are from people I met in real life and talked to, and some are from other authors and truth seekers. I swear they are all REAL quotes.

https://www.happierabroad.com/Quotes-Ab ... ton-Wu.htm

How many "average people" do you know who have quotes like that about them? Lol. None? lol. Does your intellectual wife have such quotes about her? lol. Please read those quotes at the link above if you have never seen them. Then you will see that you are WRONG for sure and you can eat your fallacies words.

2. Also, do average people have 10 UNIQUE accomplishments like I do? See here:

http://www.happierabroad.com/Winston-Wu ... hments.htm

How many unique accomplishments do you and your wife have Marcos? Zero? One? If one, show me please. Otherwise you are way out of line and way out of your league and NOT qualified to judge who is intellectual or not. BUSTED!

3. All the posters here have one thing in common. We all think OUTSIDE the box. Whether you want to call us smart or not, or intellectual or not, we definitely post observations and opinions that are OUTSIDE the box and mainstream. That is a CERTAINTY and undisputable, and something we all have in common here. Everyone here either thinks outside the box or has an affinity for those who do. It's evident from all the posts here, even if you call us "whiny losers" (which is YOUR opinion only, not fact) That includes you too MarcosZeitola, because otherwise you wouldn't be here, and you'd be in some mainstream forum like City Data Forum, where mainstream normal people post. If you look at City Data Forum, you will see that the people there think INSIDE the box and only say politically correct things and have superficial observations, not deep one. So if you are here Marcos, you either think outside the box, or you have affinity for those who do.

4. I may not have genius 150 IQ like Einstein or Tesla. But my 120 IQ is well above average, that's for sure. So you are wrong to call me "average, mediocre and nothing special." Why don't you call your wife that too? How is she any better than me? You may love her and not me, but how does that make her more wise or intellectual than me? lol. Why not be honest and admit that I am above average at least in intelligence? I'm definitely not average or mainstream. No one here would agree with you I don't think.

Now I don't put a lot of stock in IQ either. Because there are different kinds of smarts and intelligence. Some guys are smart with computers and dumb with people and others are vice versa. Some are good in math but terrible in philosophy and vice versa. But you can't deny that I am very intellectual and wise in some areas, even if not every area. I am definitely not "average". Hell no. No way jose. You are 1000 percent WRONG about that.

5. If you look at my YouTube videos where I talk, in the comments section you will also see many comments saying that my points were "brilliant and spot on" etc too. So you see, some people think higher of my intellect and wisdom than you do Marcos. What makes everyone wrong and you right? Others are entitled to their opinions too right? Why are yours fact and the only truth? Have you thought about that?

6. If you read my fan letters and testimonial letters you will see many praises about me too, and my insights. Do average mediocre people get these kind of letters and fan mail? lol

https://www.happierabroad.com/FanMail.htm
https://www.happierabroad.com/FanMail2.htm
https://www.happierabroad.com/testimonials.php

Do you have fan letters like that about you Marcos? Does your wife? If not, who are you to judge me as though you are the God and arbitrator of who is intellectual and who is not? lol. Aren't you out of line and out of your league Marcos?

You've never even met me. If you and I and your wife sat down and had a deep conversation and shared many ideas, then you could judge how intellectual I am, and you may change your mind too. But if you never met me, how can you judge? Why don't you ask guys who know me well, and have hung out with me many times, like Alex, Mr S, Rock, Ladislav, Falcon, zboy1, ethan_sg, WorldTraveler, etc?

Why don't you ask @hypermak if he thinks I'm "average, mainstream and nothing special"? lol He is neutral right? Ask him what he thinks.

Why do you think @Spencer calls me "Wiseton"? He recognizes that I have a lot of deep insights and wisdom of course, which average people do NOT have. Ask him if he thinks I'm an average guy. He will disagree strongly of course.

In fact, Spencer has copied and pasted a lot of your quotes showing that you have contradicted yourself many times and you never admitted it. Why couldn't you be honest and admit that you changed your mind or were wrong before? Why so stubborn and arrogant? Why not be wise and mature and honest Marcos?

7. Btw, me and Alex have many ORIGINAL ideas and theories and hypotheses. Do you and your wife Marcos? Or is everything you know copied from others, like Mark Twain said? Perhaps it is YOU who are average Marcos, not me, and you are merely trying to project your averageness onto me? LOL. Either way I see no qualifications from you to judge how intellectual someone is.

Have you heard this saying:

"Small minds talk about people. Mediocre minds talk about current events. Great minds discuss ideas."

Well anyone can see that we discuss IDEAS here, so we are among the level of "the great minds" type. Not to brag, but it's true.

In fact, if you study Carl Jung and Joseph Campbell and other great mythologists and psychologists, you will find that my conclusions on the universe and God closely match theirs too. That should tell you something, that great authors and philosophers who are very intellectual and see the big picture, come to common conclusions about GLU - God, Life and Universe. And about religion too. So if my conclusions are similar to men like Jung and Campbell, then I'm in a very high league, definitely NOT mediocre or average like you FALSELY claim Marcos.

Why do you tend to say things that are 1000 percent FALSE Marcos? Do you have an affinity for LIES MARCOS?! Are you not a truth seeker? If you aren't a truth seeker, why you here?

Conclusion:

Anyway, I don't wanna keep talking about myself and keep self-aggrandizing. But you get the point. I'm definitely NOT average or mediocre or "nothing special". If my observations and writings and thoughts were that of the average American or Asian, do you think the guys here would find this an interesting website or forum? Lol. Ask the guys here about that. If this was just an average site and forum with average mainstream people, would any of the misfits or intellectuals post here at all? LOL. No way jose. Think about it.

Try putting up a bunch of essays on a website Marcos with your "average common opinions" that are the same as everyone else's and very politically correct, and then add a forum to the website, and see how many people you attract Marcos. LOL. See what I mean? LOL. GOTCHA!

Why do I have to waste time arguing about things that you should already know and are obvious? Geez. It's like I have to waste time telling you that 2+2=4 or something. Very annoying. Shouldn't you already know all the above? Shouldn't it be obvious to you?

You should also learn to be balanced Marcos and give credit where credit is due, and talk about both my strengths and weaknesses, my virtues and faults, etc. Not just focus on trying to bring me down and telling me I'm "nothing special" and downlplay everything about me. That's dishonest and looks agenda driven. An honest person wouldn't do that Marcos. No offense. But it's true. Think about it.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

hypermak wrote:
September 17th, 2020, 11:43 pm
Winston wrote:
September 17th, 2020, 11:12 pm
I don't agree with all of it, @Winston. Sure, many thinkers of our times could be considered social outcasts. Many of them were heavy opium users, they didn't have a family and were into brothels and questionable activities. There were also many others who were married with kids, respectable members of academic institutions, published authors etc.

I don't think one can draw a line and say, with certainty, that someone who is a social outcast is an intellectual genius, or innovator, and vice-versa those who are socially well-adjusted are doomed to be mediocre inside-the-box thinkers. It's unfair for both sides.

I haven't read all posts on this thread but I can find points of agreement with @MarcosZeitola. You and many other, including myself maybe, haven't found the kind of satisfaction and happiness they were looking for in their home countries. You felt more in your element in Russia and here in the Philippines, for all its limitations and problems, you can easily find girls who will entertain you and make you feel like a Boss for a few thousand pesos, whenever you want.

To say that everybody who goes abroad is automatically on the autism spectrum or a hopeless introverted, that's a bit too farfetched. There are millions of different reasons why one would venture themselves in a different country, for a year or 10 years. I just don't think it's fair, or correct, to generalise.
Huh? That's not the point. You misread me. I did NOT say that all expats and outcasts and English teachers in Asia were intellectuals or great thinkers. Of course not, there are many losers too. We've all met many of them. But most great philosophers felt alienated and depressed for sure. See all the many examples I gave to HouseMD above. Depressed people have to look deeper for meaning. Happy people do not. Remember the quote about marriage from Socrates?

I don't see where you disagree with me hypermak. Can you specify? Which points exactly did you disagree with me on?

hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

Winston wrote:
September 17th, 2020, 11:46 pm
Why do you think @Spencer calls me "Wiseton"? He recognizes that I have a lot of deep insights and wisdom of course, which average people do NOT have. Ask him if he thinks I'm an average guy. He will disagree strongly of course.

In fact, Spencer has copied and pasted a lot of your quotes showing that you have contradicted yourself many times and you never admitted it. Why couldn't you be honest and admit that you changed your mind or were wrong before? Why so stubborn and arrogant? Why not be wise and mature and honest Marcos?
@Winston, @Spencer is just PAG under a different name and writing style. He is grooming you as "wiseton" and using his faux-broken English to flatter you at every occasion, just so you won't get upset about his trolling posts and won't ban him. So far we can't say he hasn't been unsuccessful.

He is convinced I am @publicduende and is constantly throwing mud at him (not even me!) hoping something will stick. Of course it does not. For the same reason, he hates @MarcosZeitola because he is also vocal about kicking him out of the forum.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Winston wrote:
September 17th, 2020, 11:46 pm

I do agree with you about English teachers in Asia though. A lot of them are losers and weirdos.
:lol:

A lot of people say you're a loser and a weirdo. Who has never done a day's work in your life.
Not all are nice down to earth people. A lot of them BS a lot too and act airheadish. But if they can speak in front of a class and teach English in a clear crisp voice, doesn't that make them functioning adults? I know some English teachers in Asia and some are ok but others are weird and airheadish. Some are just eccentric. But some lie and BS a lot and claim that they are getting laid all the time and that it's easy to get sex and that girls are always staring at them with sexual lust, etc. Ask @WorldTraveler, he knows countlesss guys that claim that but when you investigate they have no evidence that they are always getting laid by women, and are full of hot air.
English teachers in Asia tend to deal with lots of females so most of us get some sort of positive attention from the women who are our students - especially if you are a good teacher who is fun and interesting, I don't know if that automatically transfers to getting laid a lot but if you are a good teacher in a university setting where most of the local teachers are boring and robotic. You will get positive attention (at least...)
Last edited by yick on September 18th, 2020, 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

@hypermak
I told you thats your opinion. Not fact. We dont know who Spencer is.

Besides i have hundreds of fan letters and quotes calling me wiseton too. I posted 3 or 4 links to them above. So it's very likely that Spencer is speaking honestly when he calls me Wiseton, because many others have as well.

Do you agree with Marcos Zeitola that every guy here in this forum is average intelligence and no smarter than the average American? Which means that no one here has an IQ above 100? Do you agree with that?

Marcos statements contained a lot of flaws, false facts and fallacies. Are you saying you didn't see any of them? You agree with him on everything even when he says things that are 1000 percent wrong as i proved in my long 7 point post above?