Should we make Cambodia the new HA HQ?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Should we make Cambodia the new HA HQ?

Post by ladislav »

I have been here for eight months and it is eerily beginning to feel like home. Yesterday I came back from the countryside to Phnom Penh and seeing its drowning in verdure, leafy French streets, it's Cannes- like waterfront, I felt a strange feeling of homecoming. With enough memories, this is, in fact, becoming a home. Everything is starting to feel like a "motherland".

The easy visas- stay as long as you like- and lack of racism/xenophobia, the general relaxed life and how people just treat you in a- well-he-is here-who-gives- a shit way i.e. they are totally indifferent to you- makes you actually feel good. You are not being watched. The amazing fusion of France, India and China all in one, the huge, friendly expat community and the festive, active mood everywhere make this a great place. It takes time for it to grow on you and to figure out the Khmer way. Cambodia is definitely a keeper.

It's cheap, it's classy, it's intelligent, it's almost virginal.

We should all come here and get a foothold in the country. They are not jaded as Thais are and not in your face, gossipy as many Filipinos are. You are neither an insider or an outsider here. No one cares about you here which is refreshing.

Come and check it out. It's different.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Re: Should we make Cambodia the new HA HQ?

Post by hypermak »

Quick question: to your experience, how does Italian cuisine fare in Phnom Penh or other Cambodian big cities? Have you seen a lot of Italian or "fusion Italian" restaurants over there?

I have absolutely zero data on Cambodia, and interested.
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

So the only thing that saved Cambodia and Vietnam from being destroyed like Thailand and The Philippines was the war that America brought there but you're saying let's finish off Cambodia and Burma too. There is a special place in hell for sex tourists like you and the loser westerners who say they love Asian culture.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

HappyGuy wrote:
December 2nd, 2019, 2:51 am
So the only thing that saved Cambodia and Vietnam from being destroyed like Thailand and The Philippines was the war that America brought there but you're saying let's finish off Cambodia and Burma too. There is a special place in hell for sex tourists like you and the loser westerners who say they love Asian culture.
Where do you get the equation that Asian culture lovers = sex tourists/losers?
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

hypermak wrote:
December 2nd, 2019, 5:41 am
Where do you get the equation that Asian culture lovers = sex tourists/losers?
Happier Abroad

There are travelers like Wolters World and expats who live in South America, Europe, Africa, they were successes back home and they went abroad to try a new challenge or to help people in need. And there are rejects who have been washed out of their own cultures, sexpats like Stickman who make blogs or forums about "travelling" but for mysterious reasons only care to see East Asia, usually Bangkok or a similar city depending on their fetishes for "little brown f***ing machines". They also choose Asia for its reputation of meek non-confrontational people because they are losers and would be seen for what they are anywhere else.
Last edited by HappyGuy on December 2nd, 2019, 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

HappyGuy, I have not had sex here even once. It's not that easy here. This is not Thailand. Also, dating here is not easy. You court a girl and then you marry. But with foreigners, you need by law to be able to show and income of USD 2500 a month. I work here and am busy with classes and exams, and am not a sex tourist. But even if I tried to be, this country is not so big on it. It's a very conservative place.
HyperMak. Funny you would ask. I just came from an Italian restaurant. The good thing I like about this place is that here ethnic restaurants are run by that nationality. The owner was an Italian man. So, the food was pretty good. I liked it.
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

ladislav wrote:
December 2nd, 2019, 7:50 am
HappyGuy, I have not had sex here even once.
I know you haven't. That's not the shock of the year is it now, why would someone who has to travel all the way to Asia to escape their beta-ness :shock: get laid? Furthermore I saw your other thread about getting old and a declining sex drive. :wink: Mostly weak betas go to East Asia, some get laid with girls who like western guys some don't, some aren't interested in sex to begin with but that doesn't change what they are. And the lonely guys who fly to Asia to shave their heads, renounce women and become Buddhist monks are losers and have less knowledge and wisdom than a western slut.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

HappyGuy wrote:
December 2nd, 2019, 8:15 am
ladislav wrote:
December 2nd, 2019, 7:50 am
HappyGuy, I have not had sex here even once.
I know you haven't. That's not the shock of the year is it now, why would someone who has to travel all the way to Asia to escape their beta-ness :shock: get laid? Furthermore I saw your other thread about getting old and a declining sex drive. :wink: Mostly weak betas go to East Asia, some get laid with girls who like western guys some don't, some aren't interested in sex to begin with but that doesn't change what they are. And the lonely guys who fly to Asia to shave their heads, renounce women and become Buddhist monks are losers and have less knowledge and wisdom than a western slut.
I was in Saudi and had visa problems, was stuck there unable to leave. Eventually broke free after seven weeks. Had bills to pay so Cambodia offered me a job and I took it. You can call it beta-ness, I just call it exploring a new culture while paying bills and resting from the Saudi hell. Am I a loser? I guess it depends on who considers me one. If you, from your perspective and using your concepts consider me one, then be my guest and call me a loser. Ultimately, it is me who decides that. But I am living next to the Royal Palace and the River, am studying Khmer and the local culture, traveling in the countryside and living a pretty interesting life in the French Quarter.

If I analyze my life, I consider myself a battler rather than a loser.

But may I ask you who you would consider a winner? What kind of lifestyle would I have to live to be a winner in your eyes?
Last edited by ladislav on December 5th, 2019, 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

ladislav wrote:
December 2nd, 2019, 4:37 pm
I was in Saudi and had visa problems, was stuck there unable to leave. Eventually broke free after seven weeks.
What exactly happened? (If you already discussed this in another thread, just point me there.)
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

My answer to your question in the OP is likely “no”. The reason is that I remember that country years ago, and though in may have changed for the better in many ways, it has certainly changed, and not necessarily for the better in an HA way, although it may seem so from your perspective.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Shemp wrote:
December 2nd, 2019, 5:31 pm
ladislav wrote:
December 2nd, 2019, 4:37 pm
I was in Saudi and had visa problems, was stuck there unable to leave. Eventually broke free after seven weeks.
What exactly happened? (If you already discussed this in another thread, just point me there.)
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=41745
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

You want to make as HQ a place where, according to a graph posted by tom on a concurrent thread, 25-50% of the population still defecate outdoors?
MatureDJ
Junior Poster

Post by MatureDJ »

Why in the world would anyone want to live in Saudi Arabia?
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

MatureDJ wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 9:06 pm
Why in the world would anyone want to live in Saudi Arabia?
People don't " live" there. People go there to work and save some money.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

hypermak wrote:
December 2nd, 2019, 2:32 am
Quick question: to your experience, how does Italian cuisine fare in Phnom Penh or other Cambodian big cities? Have you seen a lot of Italian or "fusion Italian" restaurants over there?

I have absolutely zero data on Cambodia, and interested.
I liked Cambodia. Has a good vibe and is classy. People there strive to be good and provide good service and make a good impression. So it's not like the Philippines where no one gives a shit about making a bad impression on you and they have no shame about it. That's refreshing. The girls there act more classy too and carry themselves like real girls do with self-respect. The culture and food are exotic too, but food portions tend to be small. Except in Siem Reap, where they cater to foreign tourists, there the food portions are bigger and there's everything you can imagine, from Indian food to Mexican food to Chinese food to Seafood to Vegetarian food, etc.

Even Rock, who is usually overly critical, was impressed by Cambodian service and classiness.

As to your question, well the pasta and spaghetti are decent in Cambodia, but not the pizza. The pizza is kind of small and the cheese they use doesn't taste that good. If you want western quality pizza you have to pay a lot more, like 15 or 20 dollars, and the sizes will be smaller. Their large pizza is like smaller than medium in the US. Even their Dominoes Pizza is like that, large size to them is between small and medium to Americans. For some reason, Asia doesn't make pizza that well as Western nations do. Yes there are plenty of fusion places that serve everything, from western food to asian food, so you're never short of abundant choices. It's very cosmopolitan.

Accommodation is cheap though. You can get a decent hotel room for 12 dollars on Agoda.com or Trip.com. And canteens are cheap so you can eat cheap if you want to. Transportation is also cheap too, if you use PassApp (similar to Grab) you can get around most places for one dollar each way.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne