Is America a place to prosper anymore?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
TD-40
Freshman Poster

Is America a place to prosper anymore?

Post by TD-40 »

I read an article today that explained how Americans are feeling the Big Squeeze, which means during their midlife crises people are having to take care of the aging parents who are sick but medicine is keeping them living longer. So instead of enjoying their midlife or early retirement years, Americans are taking care of their parents. Some people may even have to quit their jobs in order to care for them full time.

But that's only half the story. The other half is their children are weighed down by a lot of student debt, unable to find decent paying jobs because immigrants are taking them and because many jobs are going overseas due to globalization.

https://theconversation.com/the-real-mi ... ans-114347

I want to add a couple of other items. We all know that divorce court is going to screw over the man, so having a judicial system that is against you is another reason why some people are not able to prosper in America.

The legal and illegal immigrant is one that really concerns me. These people come from shithole countries, they displace Americans for many jobs which keeps Americans from advancing in their careers, and then they send some of their money back home to their shithole countries.

Do you even know anyone who is actually prospering in America? I am in early in that age range of midlife and I do not see myself having a chance to prosper and live a good life. I am unable to advance in my career due to political correctness -- Chinese and Indians taking the jobs that I am capable of doing.

Anyway I just want to make a list of these things that are keeping Americans from prospering in this country. What else needs to be listed?
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Re: is America a place to prosper anymore?

Post by Shemp »

Tons of people are prospering in the USA. Top 10% (20 million adults) is doing very well, top 1% (2 million adults) is doing extremely well, and top .1% (200K adults) is doing fantastically well. All those immigrants mean cheap labor, so high profits for employers, and high demand for housing, so high profits for landlords and sellers of housing. To get rich, you need to be a business or real estate owner. You should have accumulated capital to start a business or buy real estate when you were young. Difficult to start in middle age. If you don't have the personality to be a business or real estate owner, then maybe you can get rich using technical skills. I was a computer programmer, for example. But again, that's mostly for the young.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Shemp wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 2:41 am
Tons of people are prospering in the USA. Top 10% (20 million adults) is doing very well, top 1% (2 million adults) is doing extremely well, and top .1% (200K adults) is doing fantastically well. All those immigrants mean cheap labor, so high profits for employers, and high demand for housing, so high profits for landlords and sellers of housing. To get rich, you need to be a business or real estate owner. You should have accumulated capital to start a business or buy real estate when you were young. Difficult to start in middle age. If you don't have the personality to be a business or real estate owner, then maybe you can get rich using technical skills. I was a computer programmer, for example. But again, that's mostly for the young.
So the short answer is likely to be "No" then.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

The main change is that you can no longer prosper from honest work. But you can still prosper by screwing people over or selling trendy junk.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

fschmidt wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 4:38 am
The main change is that you can no longer prosper from honest work. But you can still prosper by screwing people over or selling trendy junk.
Yeah that's pretty much what I've concluded, so maybe I'll just live a life of ease until the money runs out and then turn to crime or something.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

TD-40 wrote:
July 18th, 2019, 3:54 pm
I read an article today that explained how Americans are feeling the Big Squeeze, which means during their midlife crises people are having to take care of the aging parents who are sick but medicine is keeping them living longer. So instead of enjoying their midlife or early retirement years, Americans are taking care of their parents. Some people may even have to quit their jobs in order to care for them full time.

But that's only half the story. The other half is their children are weighed down by a lot of student debt, unable to find decent paying jobs because immigrants are taking them and because many jobs are going overseas due to globalization.

https://theconversation.com/the-real-mi ... ans-114347

I want to add a couple of other items. We all know that divorce court is going to screw over the man, so having a judicial system that is against you is another reason why some people are not able to prosper in America.

The legal and illegal immigrant is one that really concerns me. These people come from shithole countries, they displace Americans for many jobs which keeps Americans from advancing in their careers, and then they send some of their money back home to their shithole countries.

Do you even know anyone who is actually prospering in America? I am in early in that age range of midlife and I do not see myself having a chance to prosper and live a good life. I am unable to advance in my career due to political correctness -- Chinese and Indians taking the jobs that I am capable of doing.

Anyway I just want to make a list of these things that are keeping Americans from prospering in this country. What else needs to be listed?
Americans tend to fall prey to conventional wisdom which is a trap for lifelong debt and wage slavery. Those who are lucky enough to be taught by smart parents, mentors, and siblings, can avoid these traps early.

Most middle class Americans aspire to a $200,000 to $1,000,000 dream home depending on the region, a $200,000 university education (Tuition, room+board, lost wages from not working), an owned car worth $15,000 to $85,000, 2 kids ($500,000 to rear them till age 18), and a spouse ($100,000-$300,000 for wedding, setting up household, and divorce). That being the case, any inability to make it to the top ten percent is self-imposed by middle class people. For those of us who avoided university by debt working part-time and earning scholarships, purchased homes only as investment properties, purchased only pre-owned cars or no car at all, and rejected marriage more quickly than a hot white girl could reject @Cornfed, disposable income used for investment was the blueprint for the good life.

People are so invested in the "American Dream" traps that they can't see the forest for the trees and later complain about how they seemingly can never get ahead financially. Americans are also largely financially illiterate by design because financially savvy people don't over-consume themselves into debt slavery.

So for anyone who laments their current financial malaise, take inventory of your personal choices since high school and you'll see where you went wrong.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 5:10 am
Americans tend to fall prey to conventional wisdom which is a trap for lifelong debt and wage slavery. Those who are lucky enough to be taught by smart parents, mentors, and siblings, can avoid these traps early.

Most middle class Americans aspire to a $200,000 to $1,000,000 dream home depending on the region, a $200,000 university education (Tuition, room+board, lost wages from not working), an owned car worth $15,000 to $85,000, 2 kids ($500,000 to rear them till age 18), and a spouse ($100,000-$300,000 for wedding, setting up household, and divorce). That being the case, any inability to make it to the top ten percent is self-imposed by middle class people. For those of us who avoided university by debt working part-time and earning scholarships, purchased homes only as investment properties, purchased only pre-owned cars or no car at all, and rejected marriage more quickly than a hot white girl could reject @Cornfed, disposable income used for investment was the blueprint for the good life.

People are so invested in the "American Dream" traps that they can't see the forest for the trees and later complain about how they seemingly can never get ahead financially. Americans are also largely financially illiterate by design because financially savvy people don't over-consume themselves into debt slavery.

So for anyone who laments their current financial malaise, take inventory of your personal choices since high school and you'll see where you went wrong.
Dude, you were paid a lot of money for being black, the end. That is not so great. Yes you are no doubt a relatively high functioning black. Yes you resisted the temptation to do all manner of stupid shit with the money you were handed and good for you. But that doesn’t make you some kind of guru.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Cornfed wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 5:23 am
July 19th, 2019, 5:10 am

Dude, you were paid a lot of money for being black, the end. That is not so great. Yes you are no doubt a relatively high functioning black. Yes you resisted the temptation to do all manner of stupid shit with the money you were handed and good for you. But that doesn’t make you some kind of guru.
Well, I have well over one million reasons which say otherwise. 8) That is especially true when you consider that my white colleagues, who were generally paid as much or more than I was, will still be working all of their lives and living paycheck to paycheck to pay for mortgages, old student loans, child support from multiples marriages, and university tuition for all of their offspring.

And by the way, I noticed you said I was being paid. I am actually STILL being paid several times a month in passive income so you are wrong yet again.

I don't know what your definition of Guru is, but I am certainly someone who figured out how to play the financial system and profit hugely. I will take that over "guru status" anyday.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Cornfed wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 4:45 am
Yeah that's pretty much what I've concluded, so maybe I'll just live a life of ease until the money runs out and then turn to crime or something.
How much money do you have to burn, anyway? From your posts I never had the impression it was an awful lot. But if it's sufficient for you to live off of for quite a while, it may be enough for you enter some other ventures or go some cheap foreign place.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

MarcosZeitola wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 6:43 am
Cornfed wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 4:45 am
How much money do you have to burn, anyway? From your posts I never had the impression it was an awful lot. But if it's sufficient for you to live off of for quite a while, it may be enough for you enter some other ventures or go some cheap foreign place.
Nope. He would almost certainly fail and be worse of for it. Cornfed lacks the social skills, self-awareness, emotional intelligence, cognitive intelligence, and overall sophistication to make it in business. No one would want to do business with him.

People generally end up where they belong in terms of their station in life. Cornfed finds himself in the toilet of life because he simply belongs there.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

July 19th, 2019, 7:06 am
Nope. He would almost certainly fail and be worse of for it. Cornfed lacks the social skills, self-awareness, emotional intelligence, cognitive intelligence, and overall sophistication to make it in business. No one would want to do business with him.

People generally end up where they belong in terms of their station in life. Cornfed finds himself in the toilet of life because he simply belongs there.
I got into a little confrontation with a man once while renewing my visa in the Philippines, not awfully long ago. He thought I was cutting in front of him in the line; I wasn't. I said so and he accused me of lying. I took offense to this and spoke to him in a stern matter and the weasly little guy calmed down. Later on in a little restaurant area near the waiting line, I was getting some food for my wife and the man's wife approached me. She apologized on his behalf. The guy's borderline retarded, very autistic, just a complete loser. Never held on to a job in America for too long, no romantic success obviously. But there he's married, working online and making some money off it. His wife's also working with computers. The pair has two sons.

Never seen so many borderline-retarded, socially awkward men with wives, girlfriends and families as I have in Asia. There's got to be tens of thousands of them. I believe Cornfed could be among them as well, but he isn't. There's a saying that goes: "If you really want something in life, you will find a way to get it. If you don't, you'll find excuses not to." I think this applies to him.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

MarcosZeitola wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 7:19 am
Never seen so many borderline-retarded, socially awkward men with wives, girlfriends and families as I have in Asia. There's got to be tens of thousands of them. I believe Cornfed could be among them as well, but he isn't. There's a saying that goes: "If you really want something in life, you will find a way to get it. If you don't, you'll find excuses not to." I think this applies to him.
I do see lower tier men in Asia also. I have no problem with that. The issue with Cornfed is he is non-functional, not just a social retard. He is not smart enough to understand the work - reward continuum and he feels that successful people get that way thru luck, good fortune, or because of some Jewish plot.

I simply cannot see a guy like that ever succeeding in anything at all. Stick a fork in him at his age because he is essentially finished. A lot of people opine that he has suffered some trauma at the hands of blacks in the past, but I disagree. His issue is a cognitive one of the Asperger's variety. There is no fixing that at all so he should just live out his days being an online itch to those well above his sorry station in life.

I have never taken pleasure in looking down upon anyone in life, until I encountered Cornfed here that is.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

July 19th, 2019, 7:28 am
I do see lower tier men in Asia also. I have no problem with that. The issue with Cornfed is he is non-functional, not just a social retard. He is not smart enough to understand the work - reward continuum and he feels that successful people get that way thru luck, good fortune, or because of some Jewish plot.

I simply cannot see a guy like that ever succeeding in anything at all. Stick a fork in him at his age because he is essentially finished. A lot of people opine that he has suffered some trauma at the hands of blacks in the past, but I disagree. His issue is a cognitive one of the Asperger's variety. There is no fixing that at all so he should just live out his days being an online itch to those well above his sorry station in life.

I have never taken pleasure in looking down upon anyone in life, until I encountered Cornfed here that is.
Those low-tier men in Asia are also on the autistic spectrum, as Cornfed himself has admitted in the past he is. They took the step to apply however much knowledge and skills they had in some specific field and apply it to earn a living, something he is also capable of. They generate an income, largely online. Again, something he is capable of. And they found willing women, low-tier themselves for the most part but still, willing enough, to overlook their flaws and breed with them. I am fairly certain that he could do all these things and yet he doesn't because some inate part of him does not seem to truly want it.

It's kind of like with Tsar before, he was highly picky in terms of his partners looks. That held him back for a long time. Now he is making concrete plans to go abroad, he is about to receive citizenship to Italy, he makes decent money, has decent savings and a very concrete idea of his next steps. By the end of this year he could be an Italian citizen. Because he wants it, and he finally realized that in order to get it, he needs to act. And Tsar is every bit as socially awkward, and short, as Cornfed.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

MarcosZeitola wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 7:40 am
July 19th, 2019, 7:28 am

Those low-tier men in Asia are also on the autistic spectrum, as Cornfed himself has admitted in the past he is.
I did not know that! It was just a theory I had about him given what I read about Aspergers and autism.

Perhaps I am feeding his obsession thereby making it worse. There is no honor in quarreling with an unwell man. So perhaps I should be done with that as of today.
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 7:40 am

It's kind of like with Tsar before, he was highly picky in terms of his partners looks. That held him back for a long time. Now he is making concrete plans to go abroad, he is about to receive citizenship to Italy, he makes decent money, has decent savings and a very concrete idea of his next steps. By the end of this year he could be an Italian citizen. Because he wants it, and he finally realized that in order to get it, he needs to act. And Tsar is every bit as socially awkward, and short, as Cornfed.
I hope Tsar finds his path in life and gets what he needs and wants.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.