Should Winston send his son Angelo to school in America?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Winston
Site Admin

Should Winston send his son Angelo to school in America?

Post by Winston »

Now that my son has US citizenship and passport (see announcement here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18096), another issue has come up. Dianne's sister, who is happily married and employed in Las Vegas, has offered to look after our son Angelo if he wants to start his next school year in America. Dianne likes the idea, because it means less stress and burden for her so she can try to find work overseas.

Is this a good idea? My dad is worried because Angelo is very quiet, timid and passive, and in American public schools there may be bullies who will harass him and bully him if he appears too weak and timid. However, not all public schools have bullies. My first and second grade schools in Palo Alto, CA and San Jose, CA did not have bullying, for example, and I was happy there. It was only when I moved to Fremont in 1982 that I began to get bullied, teased, persecuted, hated on, spat on, etc. Before that I was much happier. Murphy's Law always ruins a good thing and makes it worse because it loves to see you suffer for some reason.

Also, we know some Taiwanese kids in Bellingham, WA who claim to be happy in public school and are not bullied, perhaps because Northwest kids are more reserved and non-violent, unlike Californians. Furthermore, people today are not as violent or physical as they were in the past, like during the 80's when fights happened a lot, and arguments quickly escalated into challenges to fight or "taking it outside" or "meet me after school for a fight" etc. Today kids are raised to be a lot more politically correct and passive and non-violent, so I doubt that there are the kinds of bullies today that I experienced in school in the 1980's. More likely, the bullies today would be more verbal and less physical, so it would be more like psychological bullying.

What do you all think? However, I heard conflicting reports in the media that bullying is at an all time high too. So I don't know who to believe, since these are conflicting reports. I guess it depends on the school and location. Some schools don't have bullying as much as others. It depends on your luck I guess, or karma.

Plus in Las Vegas, there are few white people. Most people there are brown and mixed races. Very mongoloid. Probably lower class too. I don't think the local in Las Vegas seem refined at all. They aren't particularly friendly and look very degenerate. So I wouldn't say it's a good place to raise a family. But it all depends. Every kid is going to have a different experience depending on his luck and karma and destiny I guess.

What do all think?

Upon doing some research, one good thing is that my son can be exempt from vaccines (which we fear may cause autism and other dangers) if they go against our religious beliefs, according to Nevada state law. See here:

https://www.vfcnevada.org/for-schools/exemption-rules/
Parents who want to exempt their child from one or more required immunizations because of their religious beliefs must provide to the school or child care facility:

A letter or affidavit requesting an exemption that states that the required immunization(s) are contrary to their beliefs.
That's a relief at least. It would suck to have my son receive the 72 vaccines now scheduled by the CDC to American kids, which is way overkill and dangerous and unwise. I'd rather trust the human immune system given by God than the CDC any day.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Should Winston send his son Angelo to school in America?

Post by MarcosZeitola »

If you are worried about Angelo being bullied or picked at when at school, you should probably enroll him into some martial art classes before he even enrolls in school. Something that will boost his confidence to the point that, even if he may be shy and timid by nature, he could still take care of himself if push came to shove. Filipinos are some of the shortest people on the face of the earth after all, and he's half-Filipino so chances are he's a pretty tiny guy compared to the average American kid grown up on a diet of McDonalds and fresh milk who's likely enormous.
Winston wrote:
June 12th, 2019, 12:00 pm
Plus in Las Vegas, there are few white people. Most people there are brown and mixed races.
I fail to see how this is going to be an issue for a half-Taiwanese, half-Filipino boy who was born in a tropical and brown country... if anything, putting him through school in an area that's almost entirely white seems... cruel. Because he's much more likely to stuck out like a sore thumb in an all-white environment. Among other brown people, he'll blend in much better and is more likely to be happier.

Speaking of happiness, this is of course the main concern. Like Angelo's aunt offered to take him in, how close are Dianne and her sister, and what is the aunt like? Does she have a stable marriage, a good husband? Does she have some kids there so Angelo will have cousins to live with and hang out with? Is she someone who is very busy or does she have enough free time to take care of him? Those are all things to consider, too because whether or not he succeeds in life depends a lot on his home situation, too. Stability is important and you need to know the type of family he would grow up into. As he's an only child, if the aunt has kids his age it's probably good for his social development.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Public schools are a joke in Philippines, overcrowded, low paid teachers...

I would send him to a private school in the Philippines. There are some very good international schools there. Many Filipinos are not poor at all but they prefer to send their children to such private schools in Philippines and not to abroad. These private schools/universities are expensive but offering more or less the same education as in USA - but they are still much cheaper than schools in USA.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Winston wrote:

Plus in Las Vegas, there are few white people. Most people there are brown and mixed races. Very mongoloid. Probably lower class too. I don't think the local in Las Vegas seem refined at all. They aren't particularly friendly and look very degenerate.
Can you just imagine what the white people in Cornfed's neighborhood are like? White is no guarantee of anything.
Winston wrote:

Upon doing some research, one good thing is that my son can be exempt from vaccines (which we fear may cause autism and other dangers) [....] That's a relief at least. It would suck to have my son receive the 72 vaccines now scheduled by the CDC to American kids, which is way overkill and dangerous and unwise. I'd rather trust the human immune system given by God than the CDC any day.
You ARE trusting the natural human immune when you get vaccinated. Vaccines simply trigger the natural immune system into action with a weakened form of the virus. If you don't get vaccinated, then the immune system is not prepared if it gets hit by by the full-powered form of the virus, and may not be able to cope. Most people are unable to cope with full-powered Hepatitis B, for example, without previous vaccination to trigger the immune system into action for that virus.

Not getting vaccinated is absolute madness. The only thing to regret is that the are ONLY 72 vaccines. Ideally, we would have a vaccine for every possible virus that affects humans.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Bullies are a fact of life so you need to teach your son to expect them and how to deal with them. And no, that does not always mean physical confrontations and fights.

Believe it or not, most of my bullies were lower ranking females in the workplace trying to establish dominance. They never succeeded and often paid deep consequences.

Bullies operate on their perception of you as weak. The key is to do what you can to change that perception without being made into the bad guy.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
June 12th, 2019, 10:51 pm
If you are worried about Angelo being bullied or picked at when at school, you should probably enroll him into some martial art classes before he even enrolls in school. Something that will boost his confidence to the point that, even if he may be shy and timid by nature, he could still take care of himself if push came to shove. Filipinos are some of the shortest people on the face of the earth after all, and he's half-Filipino so chances are he's a pretty tiny guy compared to the average American kid grown up on a diet of McDonalds and fresh milk who's likely enormous.
Winston wrote:
Plus in Las Vegas, there are few white people. Most people there are brown and mixed races.
I fail to see how this is going to be an issue for a half-Taiwanese, half-Filipino boy who was born in a tropical and brown country... if anything, putting him through school in an area that's almost entirely white seems... cruel. Because he's much more likely to stuck out like a sore thumb in an all-white environment. Among other brown people, he'll blend in much better and is more likely to be happier.

Speaking of happiness, this is of course the main concern. Like Angelo's aunt offered to take him in, how close are Dianne and her sister, and what is the aunt like? Does she have a stable marriage, a good husband? Does she have some kids there so Angelo will have cousins to live with and hang out with? Is she someone who is very busy or does she have enough free time to take care of him? Those are all things to consider, too because whether or not he succeeds in life depends a lot on his home situation, too. Stability is important and you need to know the type of family he would grow up into. As he's an only child, if the aunt has kids his age it's probably good for his social development.
I learned Karate and Tae Kwon Do as a teen, but it didn't help me. Not like in the movie "Karate Kid". When bullies surround you, and it's not one against one, martial arts doesn't really help. Even Bruce Lee could not fight against two attacks if they strike him simultaneously. That's why in movies, the hero always fights the bad guys one at a time, even if they are in a group of 20 or so.

Actually Angelo is pretty tall now. Almost 5ft 5. Almost as tall as Dianne.

When I mentioned that most people in Las Vegas are brown, what I meant was that such neighborhoods are lower class than white neighborhoods. Not as refined. And maybe lower class people are more violence prone? I don't know. That might only be true in the inner cities, like Chicago, but not in Las Vegas or the US suburbs.

You forget that in the 1950's, all white neighborhoods were friendly, even to minorities. And stable, peaceful, wholesome, and God fearing. It's Hollywood liberal propaganda that tells you otherwise. Kids sold lemonade on the streets, and the milkman came everyday and knew you by your first name, and neighbors all talked to each other. White neighborhoods in reality aren't as racist as you might image or as Hollywood portrays.

Well Dianne's sister is very young, in her early 20's still. She does have a stable job and marriage, and is very prim and proper. Goody two shoes type. No wild side. However, she is very busy and has an irregular work schedule. So I'm not sure it's a good idea. She might have just offered to take care of Angelo to be nice, or sound nice, without thinking about it. I don't know. A lot of things are easier said than done. She has no kids yet. But her husband has friends and relatives and family in Las Vegas and are well off.

Btw, keep in mind that not all schools in the US have bullying. Before we moved to Fremont, CA in 1982, my schools in Palo Alto and San Jose had no bullying, and kids and teachers were friendly and wholesome and I had a fair share of friends. If only we hadn't moved from there, I might have had a happy childhood. Then all of a sudden when we moved to Fremont, I had 30 kids (nearly everyone in my class) that hated me for no reason and persecuted me everyday. That kind of negative energy from 30 kids constantly really f***s you up as a child. Huge 100 percent difference, even in the same state of California.

So you see, even as a kid, I experienced that fact that location can make all the difference in the world, even within the same US state like California, and even within the same region like the SF Bay Area. For me it made a huge difference, from a very positive environment to a very negative environment. Believe it or not, it's true. Location makes all the difference. I got a taste of that even as a child.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Yohan wrote:
June 13th, 2019, 3:04 am
Public schools are a joke in Philippines, overcrowded, low paid teachers...

I would send him to a private school in the Philippines. There are some very good international schools there. Many Filipinos are not poor at all but they prefer to send their children to such private schools in Philippines and not to abroad. These private schools/universities are expensive but offering more or less the same education as in USA - but they are still much cheaper than schools in USA.
Of course. That's why we never sent Angelo to public school in Philippines. Only to private schools. His private school in Angeles City is very nice. I visited it. It has good vibes and a good environment. No bullying of course.

The international schools are too expensive. You can find a good private school for 50 dollars a month, plus 400 dollars for enrollment and materials and school supplies and uniform at the beginning of the school year.

I don't know why you brought this up. I never said Angelo went to a public school in the Philippines.

The thing is, unlike US schools, in the Philippines you gotta pay for projects and field trips. They aren't free or included like in the US. Philippines is not a generous country at all.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Shemp wrote:
June 13th, 2019, 8:13 am
Winston wrote:

Plus in Las Vegas, there are few white people. Most people there are brown and mixed races. Very mongoloid. Probably lower class too. I don't think the local in Las Vegas seem refined at all. They aren't particularly friendly and look very degenerate.
Can you just imagine what the white people in Cornfed's neighborhood are like? White is no guarantee of anything.
Winston wrote:

Upon doing some research, one good thing is that my son can be exempt from vaccines (which we fear may cause autism and other dangers) [....] That's a relief at least. It would suck to have my son receive the 72 vaccines now scheduled by the CDC to American kids, which is way overkill and dangerous and unwise. I'd rather trust the human immune system given by God than the CDC any day.
You ARE trusting the natural human immune when you get vaccinated. Vaccines simply trigger the natural immune system into action with a weakened form of the virus. If you don't get vaccinated, then the immune system is not prepared if it gets hit by by the full-powered form of the virus, and may not be able to cope. Most people are unable to cope with full-powered Hepatitis B, for example, without previous vaccination to trigger the immune system into action for that virus.

Not getting vaccinated is absolute madness. The only thing to regret is that the are ONLY 72 vaccines. Ideally, we would have a vaccine for every possible virus that affects humans.
No you are not. Vaccines have never been tested for safety. And no one knows what's in them. There are toxic ingredients that cause autism and other diseases too. I forget the name of them, but they are well documented. One is mercury, the others I can't pronounce. Lots of kids immediately get autism and brain disorders right after getting vaccines. The famous actor Robert DeNiro experienced it with his kid too and spoke out against it, but was threatened into silence later on it seems. Just because the government LIES and denies it doesn't make it any less true.

You sound brainwashed and badly misinformed. You need to watch documentaries like "Vaccine Nation" and the new "Vaxxed" documentary. They will change your mind about vaccines. You sound totally indoctrinated. Like a narrow left brained atheist who believes everything he's told and cannot think for himself. Way behind the curve. The American people figured out in the 1960's that government lies a lot and is not to be trusted and lost faith in their own government, after JFK assassination, Vietnam, the assassination and cover up of the MLK and RFK assassination, etc. Where have you been? Hiding under a cave? You sound like a trusting naive American from the 1950's. Way behind the curve.

Please see our thread on vaccines for more info:

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=7407

Also see all the videos and info memes I posted on this particular page of the thread:

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=7407&start=105

Get informed please.

MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Winston wrote:
June 15th, 2019, 3:30 pm
I learned Karate and Tae Kwon Do as a teen, but it didn't help me. Not like in the movie "Karate Kid". When bullies surround you, and it's not one against one, martial arts doesn't really help. Even Bruce Lee could not fight against two attacks if they strike him simultaneously. That's why in movies, the hero always fights the bad guys one at a time, even if they are in a group of 20 or so.

Actually Angelo is pretty tall now. Almost 5ft 5. Almost as tall as Dianne.

When I mentioned that most people in Las Vegas are brown, what I meant was that such neighborhoods are lower class than white neighborhoods. Not as refined. And maybe lower class people are more violence prone? I don't know. That might only be true in the inner cities, like Chicago, but not in Las Vegas or the US suburbs.

You forget that in the 1950's, all white neighborhoods were friendly, even to minorities. And stable, peaceful, wholesome, and God fearing. It's Hollywood liberal propaganda that tells you otherwise. Kids sold lemonade on the streets, and the milkman came everyday and knew you by your first name, and neighbors all talked to each other. White neighborhoods in reality aren't as racist as you might image or as Hollywood portrays.

Well Dianne's sister is very young, in her early 20's still. She does have a stable job and marriage, and is very prim and proper. Goody two shoes type. No wild side. However, she is very busy and has an irregular work schedule. So I'm not sure it's a good idea. She might have just offered to take care of Angelo to be nice, or sound nice, without thinking about it. I don't know. A lot of things are easier said than done. She has no kids yet. But her husband has friends and relatives and family in Las Vegas and are well off.

Btw, keep in mind that not all schools in the US have bullying. Before we moved to Fremont, CA in 1982, my schools in Palo Alto and San Jose had no bullying, and kids and teachers were friendly and wholesome and I had a fair share of friends. If only we hadn't moved from there, I might have had a happy childhood. Then all of a sudden when we moved to Fremont, I had 30 kids (nearly everyone in my class) that hated me for no reason and persecuted me everyday. That kind of negative energy from 30 kids constantly really f***s you up as a child. Huge 100 percent difference, even in the same state of California.

So you see, even as a kid, I experienced that fact that location can make all the difference in the world, even within the same US state like California, and even within the same region like the SF Bay Area. For me it made a huge difference, from a very positive environment to a very negative environment. Believe it or not, it's true. Location makes all the difference. I got a taste of that even as a child.
Sounds to me like Angelo would likely do quite well if he went to an American school, especially since I am assuming you and your parents do not speak Tagalog so he probably knows how to speak fluent English at this point. Plus he's still in his early teens so he's got the height not to be too badly off in America.

You did fine in one American school, moved and suddenly it was a world of difference... so if you did send him to America, it would have to be a very good school you felt good about. I imagine that's probably quite difficult to find. On the other hand, it's quite nice for the aunt to offer to take him in and send him to school. That sort of thing is very common in Filipino families, with couples sending their kids to stay with uncles and aunties abroad to give them a foreign education.

You already gave Angelo his American passport and citizenship, now an American school could be a good next step. Maybe you should ask your son what he thinks of his aunties proposal and if he would like to be in an American school. Because ultimately if he doesn't seem enthusiastic about the idea, it's probably not going to work. Good luck, figuring this one out!
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

It’s not just location — it’s the nexus of time and place. When Meng Jia moved from China to Seoul in 2007 to attend university and train under JYP entertainment (eventually debut as member of Miss A in 2010), she endured snide comments from Korean trainees like “does she smell? She’s Chinese, do they take showers?’

In 2015 when Elkie Chong moved to Seoul to train under Cube entertainment, they liked her so much that they debut her with CLC in 2016 and gradually moved her toward main visual (somewhat displacing Kwon Eunbin), including solo debuts and role in TV drama.

It’s very possible that you can have bad experience in a place 10 years ago, and have totally different (better) experience today due to changing culture, attitudes and other factors. A school could have been populated by bullies a decade ago, and today filled with kids glued to their smartphones. The worse thing you can do is be at the wrong time and wrong place.
Last edited by momopi on July 4th, 2019, 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Why would you want to put your son thru the experience that you yourself hated? I say send him to university in the USA, but not before he learns how to think better than any and all Americans by studying abroad.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
July 4th, 2019, 1:06 pm
Why would you want to put your son thru the experience that you yourself hated? I say send him to university in the USA, but not before he learns how to think better than any and all Americans by studying abroad.
Very ingenious statement :+1:
Man With a Plan
Freshman Poster

Post by Man With a Plan »

I think Winston should be a man and take care of his son without sticking it in hookers. Why don't you start there before you talk about university?
BACK IN IT! || Happier Abroad Discord Server now open!

Knowledge Seeker | Sleeping Revolutionary | Lone Wolf
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

I read an article recently that there are over 100 Chinese schools in PH. The article specifically mentioned CKS college which offers programs from K-12 and college:

https://cksc.edu.ph/

Their alumni’s include founders of SM and Jolibee. Seems to be a good place to make connections. But I don’t live there and did not attend the school so you need to do your own research.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I have some practical questions for u guys. My son is planning to go to school in America because he likes it better there and sees no future in the Philippines. So i have some key questions.

1. Is it easier for my son to get a SSN in the US than going to the American embassy in Manila?

2. Does he need a SSN to go to school in America? What use is having one?

The conspiracy people claim that the SSN means you are property of the US corporation. Is that a paranoid exaggerated conspiracy claim?

3. Can my son leave the Philippines with an expired Filipino passport if he has a valid US passport?

4. Would my son need a notarized permission paper from both parents in order for him to fly to america alone? If so how can i sign a notarized permission slip if i am not in the Philippines? Is there a way to go it with a digital signature sent to a notary public?

Thanks.