Is Our Earth FLAT and Motionless, Not a Spinning Globe?

Discuss conspiracies, mysteries and paranormal phenomena.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Could the Earth be FLAT and Motionless, Not A Spinning Globe?

Post by Winston »

More funny flat earth themes for you all to ponder, enjoy and laugh at.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Aron
Freshman Poster

Post by Aron »

@Winston

The reason you can take pictures of satellites is probably that they just have another satellite in synchronized orbit or take pictures when other satellite orbits are going to synch up.

The last meme you posted there contradicts the earlier ones which admit there are photos of satellites.

Lastly, you ignored all the countering evidence again, it removes a lot of the point of the thread if you are not going to respond to anyone who disagrees with you.
Pinayhunter
Freshman Poster

Post by Pinayhunter »

The sun’s not what we’ve been told.

Sun caught shining through the firmament and circling above Earth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrcIWqGI-uE

Looks like the sun’s reflecting off some glass dome above. Also notice how the sun changes in diameter and moves through an arc as it rises and sets.

The sun gets smaller as it moves away from us:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1TUpNkHcAM

For those who still don’t think the sun gets smaller and moves away from us as it “sets.” You can clearly see this happening when the air is dry enough and there’s minimal atmospheric distortion.

Eclipse points to hyper-dimensional luminaries:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdjRkHg58B0

There are no words. You have to see this for yourself. Even I was shocked. :o
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

Aron wrote:
November 11th, 2018, 2:21 pm
The reason you can take pictures of satellites is probably that they just have another satellite in synchronized orbit or take pictures when other satellite orbits are going to synch up.
Are you just surmising this or do you have hard evidence of this? The key word in your sentence is probably, which means you are unsure.

I Binged Satellite speed
A satellite requires a speed of 17,450 miles per hour in order to maintain a low Earth orbit. Satellites in higher orbits travel more slowly; for example, a geostationary satellite only orbits at 6,858 miles per hour.
That is mighty fast to capture a still photo of one. It would just be a blip or flash if you tried to take a picture of one unless you were moving at the same rate.
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

A satellite requires a speed of 17,450 miles per hour in order to maintain a low Earth orbit. Satellites in higher orbits travel more slowly; for example, a geostationary satellite only orbits at 6,858 miles per hour.
That's interesting. I also Binged earth rotation speed at equator
At the equator, the circumference of the Earth is 40,070 kilometers, and the day is 24 hours long so the speed is 1670 kilometers/hour (1037 miles/hr).
Last edited by TruthSeeker on January 27th, 2019, 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

TruthSeeker wrote:
January 26th, 2019, 1:54 pm
At the equator, the circumference of the Earth is 40,070 kilometers, and the day is 24 hours long so the speed is 1670 kilometers/hour (1037 miles/hr).
It would obviously be less above or below the "equator" if we are on a sphere.

If these satellites are moving at a speed of 17,450 miles per hour in low Earth orbit, isn't that much faster than the Earth's rotation? Wouldn't satellite dishes have to constantly be moving to track the moving satellite? What about when the satellite goes on the other side of the Earth? Wouldn't satellite dishes constantly lose their signal?
Maybe this is a stupid question, but how are they locomoted at that speed? What makes them go? Obviously it's not fuel of any kind. I had assumed the theory held that they are caught in the earth's atmosphere and propelled forward with it. But if they are going much faster than the earth's atmosphere what force is driving them?
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

That would be Newton's law of motion:

First law:
In an inertial frame of reference, an object either remains at rest or continues to move at a constant velocity, unless acted upon by a force.

So in theory your satellite would be launched into orbit at a certain speed. Since space is a vacuum there would be no friction (of air) to slow it down. The only force that is acting upon it would be the force of gravity but because the satellite is moving so fast, gravity has little impact. They tell us all the satellites will eventually be pulled in by gravity and burned up in the atmosphere.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

TruthSeeker wrote:
January 26th, 2019, 3:14 pm
That would be Newton's law of motion:

First law:
In an inertial frame of reference, an object either remains at rest or continues to move at a constant velocity, unless acted upon by a force.

So in theory your satellite would be launched into orbit at a certain speed. Since space is a vacuum there would be no friction (of air) to slow it down. The only force that is acting upon it would be the force of gravity but because the satellite is moving so fast, gravity has little impact. They tell us all the satellites will eventually be pulled in by gravity and burned up in the atmosphere.
Thanks. You got me interested in this subject I knew nothing about by linking a Dubay video.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

TruthSeeker wrote:
January 26th, 2019, 3:14 pm
The only force that is acting upon it would be the force of gravity but because the satellite is moving so fast, gravity has little impact.
Or to put it more correctly (assuming conventional theory is true), it is moving so fast that the curvature of the earth creates distance from it as fast as it is falling, so it effectively falls around the earth.
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

This video claims that communications satellites are in a geostationary orbit 36,000 km above the earth and moving 13,000 km/h to keep them locked with the earth's rotation.

This video also states that "the lifetime of a satellite in space is mainly determined by the amount of fuel it carries for these station keeping maneuvers", but what happens when a satellite runs out of fuel? It is then rendered useless?
Pinayhunter
Freshman Poster

Post by Pinayhunter »

I’m having trouble visualizing how solar analemmas would work on the flat Earth model. Wouldn’t it just be a straight line and not a figure-8? Even if the sun changes altitude with the seasons, it would still appear as a straight line.

I can’t find any good flat Earth videos or diagrams on this phenomenon. It’s a major sticking point for me. I still believe in geocentrism though.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

TruthSeeker wrote:
January 26th, 2019, 1:54 pm
Holy cow. At mach 17 or even mach 7, there's no way you could take a photo of an object. You'd be lucky to even get a blur. Most likely you could not even see the object, not even as a blur. I think the satellites you see in images online are either artist renditions or CGI or drawings. Not real photos. Or perhaps they take photos of the satellites on the ground before launching them into space?

How did so many thousands of satellites get into space? Wouldn't there have to be hundreds of rocket launches into space everyday to put them there? If so, where are these launches exactly? Isn't the public allowed to see them?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Pinayhunter wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 8:12 pm

Looks like the sun’s reflecting off some glass dome above. Also notice how the sun changes in diameter and moves through an arc as it rises and sets.

For those who still don’t think the sun gets smaller and moves away from us as it “sets.” You can clearly see this happening when the air is dry enough and there’s minimal atmospheric distortion.

Regardless of whether the earth is flat or not, I find it hard to believe the Sun is 90 million miles away. It certainly does not look or feel that far away by any means.

Question for globe earthers and those who believe in official astronomy science here:

Suppose no one had ever told you that the Sun was 90 million miles away and you knew nothing about astronomy or what official science claims. And you looked up at the Sun. Would you guess upon inspection that it was 90 million miles away or much closer? Be honest please. Pretend no one ever told you anything about the Sun and you were basing it off what you see and estimate only, based on visual inspection alone.

gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Winston wrote:
June 30th, 2019, 9:46 am
Pinayhunter wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 8:12 pm

Regardless of whether the earth is flat or not, I find it hard to believe the Sun is 90 million miles away. It certainly does not look or feel that far away by any means.

Question for globe earthers and those who believe in official astronomy science here:

Suppose no one had ever told you that the Sun was 90 million miles away and you knew nothing about astronomy or what official science claims. And you looked up at the Sun. Would you guess upon inspection that it was 90 million miles away or much closer? Be honest please. Pretend no one ever told you anything about the Sun and you were basing it off what you see and estimate only, based on visual inspection alone.
No, of course not. It looks about 200-300 miles away, and to my eye looks closer when you're only 35,000 feet up in an airplane. Everything about currently accepted cosmology is a complete refutation of our common sense, what we can see and feel.

BTW, the ISS is supposed to be going 17,000 mph also. When the residents come outside for a space walk are they going 17,000 mph too? Or does the vehicle come to a stop to accommodate the stroll outside?
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

gsjackson wrote:
June 30th, 2019, 12:18 pm
BTW, the ISS is supposed to be going 17,000 mph also. When the residents come outside for a space walk are they going 17,000 mph too? Or does the vehicle come to a stop to accommodate the stroll outside?
In theory, your astro-not would be moving at the same speed as the ISS, but what comes to mind is what about all the space junk outside? According to nasa.gov, space junk is moving very fast.
Most "space junk" is moving very fast. It can reach speeds of 4.3 to 5 miles per second. Five miles per second is about 18,000 miles per hour. That's almost seven times faster than a bullet. Since it is moving so quickly, a tiny piece of orbital debris can cause a lot of damage.
What happens if space junk hits the ISS or one of the astro-nots while he's outside on a space walk? How do they account for this? Wouldn't the ISS have been hit by space junk by now?