Jeff Bezos Getting Divorced, His Wife to Get Half of His 137 Billion Fortune

Discuss news and current events around the world.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Jeff Bezos Getting Divorced, His Wife to Get Half of His 137 Billion Fortune

Post by jamesbond »

Because of the enormous amount of money involved, Jeff Bezos‘ divorce from wife MacKenzie is not only complicated and expensive — it could even have an impact on the U.S. economy.

The Amazon CEO, 54, who is now the richest man in the world with an estimated net worth of $137 billion, and his wife MacKenzie, 48, announced Wednesday that they would be splitting after 25 years of marriage, and experts say their decision has huge financial ramifications.

Included in Bezos’ $137 billion estimated net worth are a multi-million dollar real estate portfolio, various charitable gifts and foundations and about 16 percent of Amazon’s stock, all of which will most likely need to be divvied up — in half, if the couple did not have a prenuptial agreement as has been reported.

How the couple divide the Amazon stock has major ramifications for the massive company, whose overall stock is worth about $800 billion.

“It’s a question of how they will distribute the assets without altering or affecting adversely the value of Amazon,” says Marilyn Chinitz, a New York-based divorce attorney who is not associated with the case. The couple, she says, “will not want to do anything — not only for themselves, but also for the public — that will tank a major company in the U.S. economy.”

The pair could work out a plan to hold onto the stock together.

“My intuition is that they will end up holding the stock as a unit because they can vote together more powerfully and they will both have decision-making rights,” says L.A.-based family law attorney Steve Mindel, who is not involved in the proceedings. “Then there will be some system for if they can’t both agree, a tie-breaker or board of directors who will meet and vote in favor of either party.”

So far, there’s no sign that the Bezoses’ divorce will be contentious. “If we had known we would separate after 25 years, we would do it all again,” they wrote in a statement on Twitter, adding they would “remain cherished friends” — though news quickly broke that Jeff Bezos has been dating former news anchor Lauren Sanchez, 49.

Amicable or no, the division of their impressive assets will requite a lot of lawyers.

“It’s going to take an intense legal team,” says Mindel. “You’re going to have a corporate legal team, the family law legal team, the estate planning legal team, a tax legal team, this requires a minimum of 6 to 20 attorneys on each side of the table. ‘Half’ is going to be an interesting term.”

https://people.com/movies/whats-next-in ... s-economy/
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Re: Jeff Bezos Getting Divorced, His Wife to Get Half of His 137 Billion Fortune

Post by Will N. Dowd »

LOL!

He should have listened to Tom Leykis.

You assume the richest and most successful guy in the world would be smart enough to have a pre-nup or not get married in the first place.

If Jeff Bezos is getting a divorce what's the point of marriage for anyone else?

I'll be using him as an example from now on as to why I will never get married.

Perhaps his soon to be ex-wife is thinking she can do better?
Last edited by Will N. Dowd on January 14th, 2019, 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Jeff Bezos Getting Divorced, His Wife to Get Half of His 137 Billion Fortune

Post by Cornfed »

You'd think with all Bezos' money and power he could do something about this, or are family courts now the undisputed masters of the universe?

BTW, I'm surprised there aren't feminists and manginas trolling this thread saying this is Bezos' fault for being such a beta-loser and only accumulating 137 billion dollars, since if he had applied himself and accumulated 150 billion dollars his wife would respect him and be loyal.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

What they are finding out now is that all these billionaires as of late popping up in the US recently are really CIA props just as they have done in China. Welcome to communism.

It's all done by controlling the purchsing tickets over the economies....
Time to Hide!
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Moretorque wrote:
January 14th, 2019, 6:24 am
What they are finding out now is that all these billionaires as of late popping up in the US recently are really CIA props just as they have done in China. Welcome to communism.

Source? Link?
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
fdiv
Freshman Poster

Post by fdiv »

Moretorque wrote:
January 14th, 2019, 6:24 am

remember, Confucius say: never confuse unrealized and unrealizable capital gain.
options in the US: maybe have a shot at a angry bluehaired landwhale and then, prison :roll:
options abroad: limitless 8)
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

Neo wrote:
January 14th, 2019, 8:09 pm
Source? Link?
I think that is the first time I have ever seen anyone ask to see a source around here. There's hope for this forum yet.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

flowerthief00 wrote:
January 15th, 2019, 9:48 pm
Neo wrote:
January 14th, 2019, 8:09 pm
Source? Link?
I think that is the first time I have ever seen anyone ask to see a source around here. There's hope for this forum yet.
Is it reasonable to ask for a single link to convince you of something that someone might have concluded after 20 years of research?
rabbithabit
Freshman Poster

Post by rabbithabit »

she will end up with way more than just $69M because he has to share half of new income till one year after final divorce decree date by law.
Cute Rabbit
rabbithabit
Freshman Poster

Post by rabbithabit »

Sorry 69B not 69M
Cute Rabbit