The wisdom of starting a youtube channel

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

The wisdom of starting a youtube channel

Post by Cornfed »

Since I will likely have some time on my hands I was pondering setting up a youtube channel and verbally expounding on some of the ideas discussed in my posts. One might say this is stupid as in the current climate I would be banned immediately. However, apparently there are actual consistent rules youtube uses and if you stay within them you won’t be banned. (Of course those rules are selectively applied).

The other major issue is whether it is a good idea to doxx myself. People say it isn’t, but the thing is I am never going to get a whorporate job at this point, so why not?

Aside from thoughts on whether this might be a good idea, does anyone know of good instructions on youtubing? I’ve heard snippets from various youtubers, but I need more detail.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: The wisdom of starting a youtube channel

Post by gsjackson »

I'm going to do the same thing shortly. The big challenge, of course, is how to tap dance around the JQ and still be informative to the viewers. Youtube's principal sanction seems to be de-monetizing, rather than banning, and that seems to be liberally applied -- see, for example, the SGT Report, which is always getting de-monetized. And now, it seems like a changed algorithm that keeps relevant content from being recommended to people who would be interested is another method of suppressing viewership and in effect de-monetizing. I don't plan on getting closer than sniffing distance to the JQ. As Joe Sobran, whose career was impaled on candid writing about Israel, once told me: "Why give yourself up as a hostage?" I'm just wondering, though, if you can even mention stuff like the attack on the U.S.S. Liberty without running afoul of the censors.

As for content, quirky individualism seems to work. It's remarkable how many anti-anchor man types are rounding up thousands of viewers. There are lots of youtube videos out there purporting to tell you how to make a go of it.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

gsjackson wrote:
November 14th, 2018, 2:50 am
I'm going to do the same thing shortly. The big challenge, of course, is how to tap dance around the JQ and still be informative to the viewers.
JFG manages to do it and I don't think he is controlled opposition.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

gsjackson wrote:
I'm going to do the same thing shortly.
Are you planning on doxxing yourself?
timwong
Freshman Poster

Post by timwong »

What's he got to lose? He's almost 75 years old!
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Cornfed wrote:
November 14th, 2018, 6:18 pm
gsjackson wrote:
I've never been anonymous. My picture and name have appeared on this website before. I've always identified my location.

Who's JFG?

And PAG -- aging like a fine wine here. Any babe I couldn't pull away from you instantly is a self-hating head case. I may be in Ukraine in the spring if you want to take the challenge.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

gsjackson wrote:
November 14th, 2018, 7:32 pm
Cornfed wrote:
gsjackson wrote:
Who's JFG?
This guy: https://www.youtube.com/user/JFGariepyVideo
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

gsjackson wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
gsjackson wrote:
I've never been anonymous. My picture and name have appeared on this website before. I've always identified my location.

Who's JFG?

And PAG -- aging like a fine wine here. Any babe I couldn't pull away from you instantly is a self-hating head case. I may be in Ukraine in the spring if you want to take the challenge.
Do you think I should say f**k it and doxx myself?
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Cornfed wrote:
November 14th, 2018, 10:29 pm
gsjackson wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
gsjackson wrote:

Who's JFG?

Do you think I should say f**k it and doxx myself?
Absolutely. You just took a step by acknowledging UK roots (though I guess they might have drafted some Aussies to do the work of empire in India; and there was some UK migration to the U.S. after the mid-19th century -- the Jacksons came from Glasgow to homestead in South Dakota in the second half of the century).
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

gsjackson wrote:
November 15th, 2018, 4:04 am
And PAG -- aging like a fine wine here. Any babe I couldn't pull away from you instantly is a self-hating head case.
Any babe that is a mudshark is a self-hating head case whether you could pull them away or not.
fdiv
Freshman Poster

Post by fdiv »

Well, their TOS basically says they decide how much your going to get (if anything), when you're gonna get it (if ever), and that they can suspend your channel at any time for no reason.

But yet, they're making $$$$$$$$$ off YOUR content from day one, if it's marketable to their advertisers.
Of course, they can string you along indefinitely and say your video doesn't have marketable content, among other abuses.

And yeah, who knows about all the channels that claim to be wildly successful in "monetization". For all we know these are just shill youtube marketing accounts that hype the SHIT out of the potential of their platform in order to have rubes giving away video content in the misplaced hope of becoming the next "youtube star". All you have to do is look at the claims and use your sense to tell it's fake as hell. The central banking cartel will do anything to stamp out any type of independent wealth. Do you really think people are becoming instant millionaires effortlessly by making little vids that are nothing but recycled fart and dick jokes or endless rambling about retarded minutiae of their pathetic lives?
options in the US: maybe have a shot at a angry bluehaired landwhale and then, prison :roll:
options abroad: limitless 8)
timwong
Freshman Poster

Post by timwong »

Lol, the poster above is really dumber than a box of rocks.
timwong
Freshman Poster

Post by timwong »

gsjackson wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
gsjackson wrote:

Who's JFG?

Jean-François Gariépy is a French-Canadian alt right YouTube with a genetic disorder known as Down syndrome (DS or DNS). Apparently he got in trouble a while back for dating a severely mentally disabled girl. The psychiatrist said that she had the mental capacity of a 10- or 11-year-old, and he tried to have a baby with her, and was trying to bring her back to wherever he lived to have a baby. He was convinced that they were fiancees, even though he's still married to another woman and there are no divorce proceedings filed. And he's also convinced that she's pregnant, even though apparently there's no evidence of her being pregnant. Then I guess her parents filed to get guardianship of this young girl because they thought she was being taken advantage of, that JF [Gariépy] was trying to capture her, take her to another state, and then make her into a baby machine. apparently the young girl didn't object to her parents becoming her guardians. Holy shit.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

What would be a good subject for a Youtube channel. It seems that pretty much any channel related to contemporary politics is subject to heavy persecution now and most of them aren't all that profitably whereas channels consisting of faggots slapping makeup on their ugly faces are making a fortune. I'm thinking maybe a history related channel.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

gsjackson wrote:
I'm going to do the same thing shortly. The big challenge, of course, is how to tap dance around the JQ and still be informative to the viewers.
Did you end up doing this?