According to the Bible, anyone who gets divorced and marries someone else commits adultery.

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Mercury
Junior Poster

According to the Bible, anyone who gets divorced and marries someone else commits adultery.

Post by Mercury »

Anyone who read the Sermon on the Mount has easily seen that verse in Matthew 5:32 that says; "But I say unto you that anyone who puts away (divorces) his wife, except it be for fornication, causeth her to become an adultress, and anyone who marries the divorcee commits adultery."

That should really be causing a heavy exodus of young single men out of America! And even guys preaching to other guys that American women are of the devil by default, are a divorce just waiting to happen, and are to be avoided.
Last edited by Mercury on May 21st, 2018, 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: According to the Bible, anyone who gets divorced and marries someone else commits adultery.

Post by Adama »

Great care must be taken, because sexual relationships are supposed to be for life.

Women who love monkey-branching are especially at risk for deep trouble. Sex is glorious, and it is not a little thing or a light matter, as most modern people believe.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: According to the Bible, anyone who gets divorced and marries someone else commits adultery.

Post by MrMan »

You will notice the exception clause, except for fornication, there in the verse from Matthew.

I would not have wanted to marry a divorced woman. One of my criteria was that she had never been married, though theoretically widows were okay. I wasn't too interested in widows when I was single. I wanted a virgin.

Taking the whole of scripture, it may be allowed to marry a woman whose husband divorces her and then he dies. (But then why did he divorce her?) Or if a man divorces his own wife and then remarries her, then I see that as something that is allowed, of course.

This teaching of Jesus is one of the reasons I was very careful who I married. I wanted someone who would not divorce me. It is important to find out what a woman's values are when it comes to marriage and divorce. If a woman thinks divorce is acceptable because she falls 'out of love', that's a divorce waiting to happen.
Mercury
Junior Poster

Post by Mercury »

MrMan wrote:
May 17th, 2018, 5:13 pm
If a woman thinks divorce is acceptable because she falls 'out of love', that's a divorce waiting to happen.
A gold digger is also a divorce waiting to happen. If a woman thinks divorce is also acceptable because he lost his job, he doesn't make enough money, can not afford that multimillion dollar luxury McMansion and/or that expensive, souped up Formula 1 luxury sports car that she wants, or because she met a much richer man, that's also a divorce waiting to happen.

Any woman who only goes for the highest bidder is a divorce waiting to happen.