1 female to every 5 males in China

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
MatureDJ
Junior Poster

1 female to every 5 males in China

Post by MatureDJ »

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: 1 female to every 5 males in China

Post by zboy1 »

There's still a lot of single, beautiful females in China, though. Trust me! When you come here, it'll be easy to find a girlfriend.
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

That was fascinating.
But when they interviewed the factory manager and he said "men learn more slowly than women", was that a literal translation, or a liberal one?
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

The video opens to "it's estimated that one in five men wont' be able to find a bride". It roughly means 80 women to 100 men. It doesn't mean "1 female to every 5 males".

However since only a smaller % of women are considered most attractive, you have multiple men chasing after the same attractive women. Also, for men unable to find a bride locally, some resort to spending 20,000 RMB ($3,200 USD) to import one from Vietnam or elsewhere, which contributes to gender imbalance in rural Vietnam.

With relaxed population control policies and modernization, the gender imbalance has been decreasing.

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/policies ... orlds-most

"On the mainland, a traditional preference for boys has encouraged selective abortions that resulted in 115 boys born for every 100 girls from 1994.

It peaked nationally in 2004 with 121.2 boys born for every 100 girls, and some provinces have seen the ratio climb as high as 130. But the figure has been falling for the last seven years and stood at 113.5 last year."

--------------------

If you want to play the numbers and ratios, ditch places like incel boards. For younger guys (or at least younger looking or be able to fit in) try college classes like arts, music and dance. When I was in college I didn't know how to dance, so I took modern dance & ballad dance class. It was like 30 girls to 3 guys and I got a girlfriend out of it.

I don't have a talent for dance, but the beginner classes aren't that hard (unless if you're completely out of shape, in which case you need to work on that first). For more recent example see 1 million dance studio videos and look for beginner class performances:

https://www.youtube.com/1milliondancestudioasia
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... e+beginner
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... e+tutorial

You don't need to be as good as Lia Kim. It's a healthy hobby and much easier to be chatty with girls in class than trying to yell over the loud music at clubs.

At KCON which is held annually in NY and LA, they have dance workshops and random dance games where everyone who is a fan can join in. They don't care if you're Asian, Mexican, White, Black, fat, skinny, skilled, total beginner, whatever. Everyone is there to have a good time. This video was taken in NY from last Sunday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0tWNdhIRbE

P.S. If you're of the mindset that it's a waste of time unless if success/scoring with women is somehow "guaranteed", please ignore this post.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

In China, due to the one-child policy, it is not clear if these women are really missing.
It is more likely that the second child was never properly registered after birth and data of them are missing in the census.
https://news.ku.edu/2016/11/22/study-fi ... -overblown
Anyway, China has about 1360 million people and missing 30 million females or so is not such a big deal.

There are many countries, usually Western and pro feminist, where ordinary men have no chance to find any reasonable female. Not because there are not enough women, but because many of these women show up with totally exaggerated demands, are full with drugs, single moms with plenty of boyfriends, have behavioral issues etc. etc.
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

At a purely individual level, I don't see how statistics will have that much of an impact because you just have to find ONE out of a country that has more women than the total population of Anglosphere. I don't think there's a great chance of becoming a statistic if we look at it from an individual perspective. I can see why this will become a great concern at the national level, and I do feel sorry for those guys that don't even get the short end of the stick but no stick at all. I'm sure many of them are decent men. Though the gender imbalance is real, I feel that the Western media greatly exaggerates it. Now China has a two-child policy, but the problem is more and more couples in the big cities can't even afford to have more than one child even if they want to, because due to the ruthless capitalistic development it's getting tougher and tougher for your average Chinese man / woman. I have a female friend who's originally from Hebei but lives with her family on the outskirts of Beijing, her dad has owned a factory there for many years, but soon they may be forced to relocate out of Beijing because the municipal government plans to invade that area with some development scheme, and neither her nor anyone in their family are considered Beijing natives in an administrative sense. And as far as I can see, much of Hebei is not a pleasant a place to be in, not that Beijing or any of the big cities are when it comes to living a peaceful life.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on December 11th, 2018, 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greetercb
Freshman Poster

Post by Greetercb »

Here at The United States of America Just Like at China There is A Lot Mire Single Men Than Single Women especially at My Neck of the Woods. Which is The Rural Parts of The United States of America. ( I Live In the Middle part of The State of Michigan or The middle Part of the Mitten Shaped State.)
snede
Freshman Poster

Post by snede »

That's a completely bogus statistic. But, the statistic of one single female to five single males is quite believable. A fairly small imbalance can be tremendously magnified when the majority of people pair off. Go read Dateonomics about the results of an overall balance of 45/55 each way. The effects are huge.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

How is this different in America? I feel that for one hot looking girl there is loads of guys going after her. And to find a hot decent girl with good personality there will be army of guys going after her.

So yeah China is screwed and so is the west.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Bao3niang wrote:
August 7th, 2018, 6:07 pm
..... I don't see how statistics will have that much of an impact because you just have to find ONE out of a country that has more women than the total population of Anglosphere
Though the gender imbalance is real, I feel that the Western media greatly exaggerates it.
I agree with your comment, China has about 1360 million people and it is said, about 665 millions are female and 695 million are male.

https://news.ku.edu/2016/11/22/study-fi ... -overblown
China's 'missing girls' theory likely far overblown, study shows
Tue, 11/29/2016

Even this gender imbalance is questionable, see above study - there are many girls and boys during the last 20 years or so, who were not registered after birth to avoid consequences concerning the 1-child policy. In some poor areas in China a considerably number of young people do not have proper documents and are not included in the census.

It's clear that men who do not have a good educational background, who do not own much and do not earn much and are living in rural areas will have a hard time to find a female willing to live with them. - However as you said already, the situation is not everywhere the same in all China.
-----

In Japan the situation is not so much different, despite we do not have any gender imbalance. Women prefer to move to the cities, while young men often take over the business of their parents in rural area. Many more young women than men in Japan are living in the cities.

In rural areas and on small islands where the only way to earn money is farming, forestry and fishery the majority are old couples and young men... no women and no children. As far as I know about the same situation in China and South Korea...
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

It's nowhere near that ratio.

The problem with a lot of Chinese men is that a lot of them are 'Little Emperors' the actual concept of self-improvement and improving themselves is such an alien concept that they're basically undateable, a lot of them are used to getting their own way all the time from their families that when it comes to getting romantic attention and securing a woman - they can't do it - grooming, smelling nice, having emotional intelligence, having manners, developing a personality etc etc - a lot of them will never experience love - unless they have money of course and then none of that shit matters.

There are plenty of single women in China looking for love - and a lot of these women will end up settling for something they DON'T particulary want in the end.

Even if the men:women ration was 1 to 1 - a lot of these men would be perenially single. I understand, it took me years and years to improve myself where I am now a worthwhile prosepct - weights, running, grooming, learning about aftershave and the benefits of regular bathing, clean clothes, what colours suit me and what styles of clothes etc etc etc - if I was sat around a computer concentrating on playing 'World of Warcraft' then I would be f***ing nowhere myself. :lol:
CannedHam
Freshman Poster

Post by CannedHam »

yick wrote:
February 8th, 2020, 10:03 pm

The problem with a lot of Chinese men is that a lot of them are 'Little Emperors' the actual concept of self-improvement and improving themselves is such an alien concept that they're basically undateable, a lot of them are used to getting their own way all the time from their families that when it comes to getting romantic attention and securing a woman - they can't do it - grooming, smelling nice, having emotional intelligence, having manners, developing a personality etc etc - a lot of them will never experience love - unless they have money of course and then none of that shit matters.

There are plenty of single women in China looking for love - and a lot of these women will end up settling for something they DON'T particulary want in the end.

Even if the men:women ration was 1 to 1 - a lot of these men would be perenially single. I understand, it took me years and years to improve myself where I am now a worthwhile prosepct - weights, running, grooming, learning about aftershave and the benefits of regular bathing, clean clothes, what colours suit me and what styles of clothes etc etc etc - if I was sat around a computer concentrating on playing 'World of Warcraft' then I would be f***ing nowhere myself. :lol:
Or they are beyond unrealistic in who they aim for.

You'll see overweight boorish man-children with no social skills or self-sufficiency (still supported by parents) ignoring any woman that isn't a 20-year year old, 90 pound, virgin.

They won't date women of slightly lower social classes (eg a restaurant waitress or secretary that comes from a modest family) because it'll make the family lose face.

Highly-educated women are out of the question because it'll make them look like the retards they are when compared side by side.

Divorced women (even with no kids) are out of the question.

Women over 30 are out of the question.

Or they'll dump a girl because the parents don't like her for whatever reason, and the man won't dare put up a fight or even question why they dislike her. They'll go back to gaming, dicking around on their phones, sleeping in, doing nothing to improve their situation.

So, who is left LOL?
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

CannedHam wrote:
February 11th, 2020, 9:27 am
yick wrote:
February 8th, 2020, 10:03 pm

You'll see overweight boorish man-children with no social skills or self-sufficiency (still supported by parents) ignoring any woman that isn't a 20-year year old, 90 pound, virgin.

They won't date women of slightly lower social classes (eg a restaurant waitress or secretary that comes from a modest family) because it'll make the family lose face.

Highly-educated women are out of the question because it'll make them look like the retards they are when compared side by side.

Or they'll dump a girl because the parents don't like her for whatever reason, and the man won't dare put up a fight or even question why they dislike her. They'll go back to gaming, dicking around on their phones, sleeping in, doing nothing to improve their situation.

So, who is left LOL?
:lol:

Great post - all true as well.

Actually know of one very attractive woman who is married but the husband doesn't live with her, in fact, he lives in another city - the reason they got married - because both families knew each other and of course were on the same social scale and that they had two single children - they were losing face so they got them together and they got married and they now live separate lives - as a married couple - the situation here is f***ed up beyond belief.

They'll admit it themselves though - marrying for love or if they fancy someone has nothing to do with anything in a lot of cases.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

CannedHam wrote:
February 11th, 2020, 9:27 am

So, who is left LOL?
Koreans are like that about marrying someone of the same social and educational level, too. I had a conversation with a female Ph.D. student about her marriage prospects. Her dad's boss had a son with an MBA and a good job as one potential prospect she was considering. For looks, I wouldn't say she was up to the level of a six, and she was hefty for a Korean, too. I think it is easier for a woman with a masters or bachelors to marry a male Ph.D. than the other way around. Even in the US, women like to 'marry up' for education and money, and it is more extreme in Asia. I've seen infotainment news shows about how educated black women who want to marry black men have the same problem.

One of the advantages of being from a more egalitarian country where most parents just want you to end up with someone decent and do not socially have much power over who you marry, though, is that you could go to one of these socially stratified countries and marry a woman with less education and social standing easily. I don't think parents object to marrying 'way up' on the social scale. If foreigners have little standing socially, having a prestigious job, education, or salary could be a plus to outweigh foreignness.

Some Koreans did not like 'international marriage' when I was there in the mid-1990's. The poor South Korean farmers were importing ethnic Korean wives from Korean communities in China, since they were richer than the Chinese at the time. Since then, they've gone for Vietnamese and other ethnicities.

I had a bachelors degree and my wife was a few classes and a thesis shy of hers when we got married. She took maybe a class or two and wrote her thesis (eventually) after we got married. But in Indonesia and the Philippines, two countries that were colonized, foreigners can be perceived as relatively high status, at least among the middle and lower economic classes.