The not-yet-abroad effect

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

The not-yet-abroad effect

Post by publicduende »

I made a 20-second on my DIA profile. Changed my location from Davao City to London and rephrased a couple of sentence to hint at the fact that I am running business between London, Manila and Davao, instead of being permanently based in Davao.

Just as imagined, the number of girls visiting my profile increased 5-fold, those who approached me increased 10-fold and almost all those I contacted, from the average looking single moms to the hot as hell 19 years olds, replied me within seconds or minutes if they were online and within the day if they weren't.

I am perhaps stating the obvious but...it does look like the idea of catching a man who is exercising the privilege (from a Pinoy standpoint) of living in a first world country and in the Philippines at his liberty, far trumps being with a man who is settled in the Philippines.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Re: The not-yet-abroad effect

Post by Zambales »

Perhaps the majority have location instead of nationality in their search filters. Then again Pinays might think men who live in the Phils are just mongers or losers. I don't know!
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

publicduende wrote:I made a 20-second on my DIA profile. Changed my location from Davao City to London and rephrased a couple of sentence to hint at the fact that I am running business between London, Manila and Davao, instead of being permanently based in Davao.

Just as imagined, the number of girls visiting my profile increased 5-fold, those who approached me increased 10-fold and almost all those I contacted, from the average looking single moms to the hot as hell 19 years olds, replied me within seconds or minutes if they were online and within the day if they weren't.

I am perhaps stating the obvious but...it does look like the idea of catching a man who is exercising the privilege (from a Pinoy standpoint) of living in a first world country and in the Philippines at his liberty, far trumps being with a man who is settled in the Philippines.
Whatever the reason, congrats!!! This is awesome.

I'm assuming all of the Filipinas think that since you live in the Philippines, you are neck deep in puki already. They are thinking, "why respond only to be the new girl in the harem?"
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Maybe they figure that it would be easier to scam you without having to meet you. If you're in the Philippines you might want to meet them and that would complicate things for them. Much easier to say to you (and others) my great grandad is sick, send money please.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

publicduende wrote:I made a 20-second on my DIA profile. Changed my location from Davao City to London and rephrased a couple of sentence to hint at the fact that I am running business between London, Manila and Davao, instead of being permanently based in Davao.

All true and as you say "just as imagined."

However, there is the flip side. Girls will be happy to chat with a foreigner living in his home country but in most cases will assume you will never come to the Philippines. When I was preparing for my 1st trip to PI I told all the girls I was interested in that I was coming and asked did they want to meet. Some were enthusiastic but many were luke warm and constantly asking if I was really coming there.

Back in those days we used Yahoo Messenger to chat. When I arrived and logged onto Yahoo it displayed my location. When the girls saw that I was actually in the Philippines they came out of the woodwork wanting to meet. "But I told you I was coming," I would say. They simply hadn't believed me. One was furious when I was unwilling/unable to change my entire schedule just to come visit her but the truth was she hadn't believed I was coming until she saw it on Yahoo!

So either they know you live in PI and have access to a ton of girls or you are living in your home country and they assume you will never visit them. Ah memories :)
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Couldn't it be because they assume that if they look for guys in their local area on dating sites, that they will be filipino guys and not foreign? They are kind of simple minded after all and don't think about expats.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

My question is, why is every country full of girls? And the USA seems like it is empty.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Guhji
Freshman Poster

Post by Guhji »

I currently live in Chicago. I see pretty girls everywhere. Both in the city and in the outlying suburbs. I used to live in Vegas. Again, lots of pretty local and tourist girls. If you live in Seoul, you will be inundated with 7's and 8's everywhere you go. I took a trip to Mexico City last year. I lost count of how many dark haired beauties I saw there.

I am pretty sure that there is absolutely no shortage of attractive young women, either stateside or abroad. Definitely, supply is not the problem.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Girls are everywhere, so long one stops hiding in the basement and starts going out. Whether all those beautiful young ladies seen in Chicago, Vegas or Mexico City are available to date random guys, that is an entirely different matter.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Adama wrote:
December 4th, 2017, 4:55 pm
My question is, why is every country full of girls? And the USA seems like it is empty.
The pretty girls hang out at big malls and colleges and discos/nightclubs. But that doesn't meant they are approachable. If it's in North America or NE Asia, they don't like to talk to anyone they don't know and aren't interested in meeting any new people.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Guhji
Freshman Poster

Post by Guhji »

If you are young and attractive yourself, you can certainly approach. If you are old and wealthy, you must play the provider role. If you are neither, well then it's really too bad for you. Your life, or lack thereof, may not be your fault, but it's not anybody else's fault either.

"Denial ain't just a river in Egypt"~Mark Twain
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Guhji wrote:
December 5th, 2017, 7:28 am
If you are young and attractive yourself, you can certainly approach. If you are old and wealthy, you must play the provider role. If you are neither, well then it's really too bad for you. Your life, or lack thereof, may not be your fault, but it's not anybody else's fault either.
Sure it is. It is the ZOG's fault for plundering men and giving the proceeds to females (among other crimes) and the females' fault for responding by becoming worthless sluts.
Guhji
Freshman Poster

Post by Guhji »

Wasn't ZOG the main baddie in Superman II? So a fictional character is responsible for this mess called life? Damn...
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Guhji wrote:
December 6th, 2017, 7:39 pm
Wasn't ZOG the main baddie in Superman II? So a fictional character is responsible for this mess called life? Damn...
I have a ~$6k tax bill to pay at the end of the month. Most of that money will go to females and their bastard thug offspring. In a sane world the money would have gone to females and children anyway, but they would have had to do stuff for me in return. As it stands they don’t. It is taken from me under threat of violence, given to them for nothing in return, and then I have little further to offer them since they have what I had to offer anyway. This is down to the ZOG. Or am I just making things up? Do the ZOG and the resulting problems not exist, and if so do I get to keep my $6k without consequence? Please advise as a matter of urgency.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Guhji wrote:
December 6th, 2017, 7:39 pm
I think he means "Zionist-occupied Government". Un-PC and nasty like most of the stuff he writes, but on this one it's hard not to agree.