Before you rush to live in Thailand...

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Before you rush to live in Thailand...

Post by gsjackson »

publicduende wrote:
December 3rd, 2017, 4:10 pm
OutWest wrote:
December 3rd, 2017, 3:46 pm
Well, is she still with you?
For now, yes :-)
C, I presume? Splendid. Don't you feel bad now about the long woe-is-me-they-wont-even-consider-me thread? Or is two years an unreasonable time to wait? Some people wait a lifetime. You did put your heart and soul into it, and eventually it paid off. Jester still hanging out there, and still satisfied with his love life?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I spent 6 months in Bangkok. It was a great city to live in as an expat. The food there was superb. I even had better Japanese food than I had in Japan.

I felt safe there as well even though I spent most of my time in the centre and even went to a lot of political rallies. The biggest problems were from my fellow farangs, wild dogs and crazy hotel owners (there is no government department that deals with hotel safety - crazy for such a major holiday destination).

I'm now in China. China is a better place to earn money. But I miss the bars and nightlife of Bangkok. It's harder to fit in in China, especially if you're not keen on meeting other expats.

Dating wasn't that great in Bangkok. It wasn't really an option to date middle to upper class women. Most of my potential dates didn't have enough money to pay for the bus into town. That wasn't the case in China.

I'd be really interested in the new digital nomad visa - apparently details will come out in January 2018. But then I'm not that far off from being able to qualify for a retirment visa.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

I have been living in Thailand for 2 years. All Thai women are whores unless she is too ugly to get paid.

Beautiful Thai Women are for Cucks Only!
1. Thai women want a PIMP NOT A BOYFRIEND!
2. SHE WILL GIVE ALL OF YOUR MONEY TO HER THAI BOYFRIEND WHO BEATS HER!

Save time! Do not go to Thailand
Go to your local Strip Club. Buy a stripper a house and a car. Let your girlfriend f**k her boyfriends in the house you just bought for her.

Thai women are the f***ing horrible and the reason Thai ladyboys are so popular.
You will never see a video about a Thai Woman-Foreigner Romance like this. Because Thai Women are pieces of Shit!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeftvrrpPa4
Last edited by Jonny Law on December 5th, 2017, 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Jonny Law wrote:
December 5th, 2017, 1:48 am
Thai women are the f***ing horrible and the reason Thai ladyboys are so popular.
You will never see a video about a Thai Woman-Foreigner Romance like this. Because Thai Women are pieces of Shit!
That's a strange comment. No country's women could be so horrible that a dude in a dress could be a viable option for a normal man with normal desires. It would be much better to opt out entirely from romance. Ugh.
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

MrMan wrote:
December 5th, 2017, 2:13 am
Jonny Law wrote:
That's a strange comment. No country's women could be so horrible that a dude in a dress could be a viable option for a normal man with normal desires. It would be much better to opt out entirely from romance. Ugh.
YES!
Thai women are that horrible.

All Thai women are prostitutes. If she admits she is a prostitute depends on you.
1st Guy- The Thai bitch quickly quotes her price.
He is a complete loser. She does not want to be seen with him and she will quickly state her price.
Or, she finds the man attractive and wants to have sex with him. Thai culture says sex before marriage is wrong and prostitution is wonderful.

2nd Guy- She is a prostitute and will pretend not to be.
He is a super cool guy. She sees he has lots of money. She will pretend to be a normal girl so she can take all of his money (i.e. Relationship)
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

MrMan wrote:
Jonny Law wrote:
@ MrMan
As a straight man I can only agree with you.
No male (or former male) could sexually attract me.
-----
About Thai women, some are good and have education and a stable income but they do not need a foreign man at all.

What is available as 'girl' in some places in Pattaya's bars and beachroad is 'pay cash = love for one night' -

I say it again and again to any male single visitor to Thailand: Be careful. Some Thai bargirls are pretty good and show truly patience to pretend 'love' and the idiot-foreigner pays them a horrible sum of money....
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

Yohan wrote:
December 5th, 2017, 3:57 am
MrMan wrote:
Jonny Law wrote:
@ MrMan
As a straight man I can only agree with you.
No male (or former male) could sexually attract me.
-----
About Thai women, some are good and have education and a stable income but they do not need a foreign man at all.

What is available as 'girl' in some places in Pattaya's bars and beachroad is 'pay cash = love for one night' -

I say it again and again to any male single visitor to Thailand: Be careful. Some Thai bargirls are pretty good and show truly patience to pretend 'love' and the idiot-foreigner pays them a horrible sum of money....
YES!: "Thai women, some are good and have education and a stable income but they do not need a foreign man at all."
She has a stable income and do not need a foreign man! Because she is jaded from being a former prostitute.
Her Thai boyfriend/husband beats her and takes her money (no need for you). If she had a "Foreign Boyfriend" she would give all your money to her abusive Thai guy.

Question:
How did she pay for her education (Thai education is a joke)?
Answer:
Maybe she was a prostitute.

Thai Women Are Great
If you are a Cuck and like financially supporting her Thai boyfriend who is having sex with her while you are not.
1. If you like prostitutes
2. If you like to Pump-And-Dump chicks
3. If you hate romance and being emotionally connected with your significant other
4. If you are a Cuck
5. You are a Pimp and like to make money forcing your girlfriend to have sex with other men
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

I've posted this before but it's been awhile. A great alternative is to marry a Filipina and retire in Thailand. Boom! You get the best of both worlds. Thailand is a great alternative. She'll no doubt like the food. She can do her shopping and get the same clothes that she can get in Phils. If she needs to go visit family members back in Phils, it's a 3 hour plane ride away. Thailand is actually less expensive that many parts of Philippines.

Many advantages to consider...
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

pete98146 wrote:
December 5th, 2017, 12:38 pm
I've posted this before but it's been awhile. A great alternative is to marry a Filipina and retire in Thailand. Boom! You get the best of both worlds. Thailand is a great alternative. She'll no doubt like the food. She can do her shopping and get the same clothes that she can get in Phils. If she needs to go visit family members back in Phils, it's a 3 hour plane ride away. Thailand is actually less expensive that many parts of Philippines.

One of them is being miles away from her family. :D
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Zambales wrote:
December 5th, 2017, 2:16 pm
pete98146 wrote:

One of them is being miles away from her family. :D
Exactly!
Mark_in_Bangkok
Freshman Poster

Post by Mark_in_Bangkok »

pete98146 wrote:
A great alternative is to marry a Filipina and retire in Thailand. ... best of both worlds.

Excellent idea.

Neighbor of mine did that: He's Austrian, she's Filipina.
She treats him with much respect, more than expected from most Thai women.

In Thailand there are already many Filipinas working here as English teachers.
I've seen mention of a few Filipino restaurants in Bangkok and one in Chiang Mai.
From what I saw in Chiang Mai, they live in clusters, in certain apartment buildings.
So, if you find one, you've found a lot more.

Hmmm ...
Member: Thailand Expats Email Discussion.
Membership inquiries welcome; send private message to me on this forum.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Mark_in_Bangkok wrote:
December 5th, 2017, 6:12 pm
pete98146 wrote:
A great alternative is to marry a Filipina and retire in Thailand. ... best of both worlds.

Excellent idea.

Neighbor of mine did that: He's Austrian, she's Filipina.
She treats him with much respect, more than expected from most Thai women.

In Thailand there are already many Filipinas working here as English teachers.
I've seen mention of a few Filipino restaurants in Bangkok and one in Chiang Mai.
From what I saw in Chiang Mai, they live in clusters, in certain apartment buildings.
So, if you find one, you've found a lot more.

Hmmm ...
I know in Bangkok, many of the filipinos all attend the same church and they are very organized socially. If I'm not mistaken, they have their own bowling league. We are heading over to Thailand in February and we may check out church service....
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

OutWest wrote:
December 3rd, 2017, 10:21 pm
What is good is rare...and if it at least 50% good, its worth working on...I wish you the best!
Thanks OW. It's not a perfect relationship and we're still displaced (I'm in Davao, she's in Makati). We meet once every couple of weeks. Frustrating. But it's short it...SHE is worth it. That much I can guarantee.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

pete98146 wrote:

This is a great idea for retirees or those with passive income or solid online jobs. From an expat job perspective, I hazard to say Manila is still the better place. At least in an industry like IT (but I could also mention banking, project management, business analysis, et cetera), those expat-salaried senior jobs in a full English-speaking environment aren't that uncommon.

A top notch software developer who works for a multinational as a manager or tech lead will easily fetch $5,000 a month. Not bad for Manila.
xtravel
Freshman Poster

Post by xtravel »

Mark_in_Bangkok wrote:
December 3rd, 2017, 9:45 pm

xtravel wrote:
December 3rd, 2017, 9:48 am
I adore Bangkok

"Adore," eh?
How long ago did you last visit Bangkok?
October, 2016. Shortly after the King passed away, and fortunately after Cowboy re-opened.

Mark_in_Bangkok wrote:
December 3rd, 2017, 9:45 pm

xtravel wrote:
December 3rd, 2017, 9:48 am
What type of visa do you use?

Retirement visa.

[...]

There are other visa types available for living here long term, but I don't know details.
You might be thinking of the Thai Elite visa program.