Winston Wu - The Most Freethinking Asian of All-Time?

For Asian Americans to discuss Asian American issues and topics.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Winston Wu - The Most Freethinking Asian of All-Time?

Post by gsjackson »

Re #2: "the world in a grain of sand" -- William Blake, circa 1863. Microcosms and holograms are not new ideas. Re #1: the concept of cognitive dissonance and its effects have been around for quite a while. These ideas are part of the mental furniture of most people who read around trying to figure things out. If you think you came upon them as an untutored intellectual virgin, as it were, well good on you, but chances are you picked it up from someone else somewhere along the way, and don't remember.

By the way, Winston, you were quoted in the latest moon landing hoax video I watched. Was it Flat Earth Punk? Quoting Winston Wu: Space exploration is the only technology that has regressed in the last 50 years, and both interlocutors savored the point. He noted that you were a keen observer of such matters.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

gsjackson wrote:
November 28th, 2017, 6:11 am
Re #2: "the world in a grain of sand" -- William Blake, circa 1863. Microcosms and holograms are not new ideas. Re #1: the concept of cognitive dissonance and its effects have been around for quite a while. These ideas are part of the mental furniture of most people who read around trying to figure things out. If you think you came upon them as an untutored intellectual virgin, as it were, well good on you, but chances are you picked it up from someone else somewhere along the way, and don't remember.

By the way, Winston, you were quoted in the latest moon landing hoax video I watched. Was it Flat Earth Punk? Quoting Winston Wu: Space exploration is the only technology that has regressed in the last 50 years, and both interlocutors savored the point. He noted that you were a keen observer of such matters.
You misunderstood me gsjackson or didn't read what I wrote. I never talked about cognitive dissonance. Read it again. I was talking about the true cause of mental illness that psychologists and their publications never talk about. And yes I came up with those theories INDEPENDENTLY. I didn't hear them from others. Different freethinkers can come up with the same ideas independently. You can have the same idea as someone else, but if you came up with it on your own through your own thinking and reflecting, well then that's remarkable. Very few can do that. You gotta admit that.

The theory about the atoms and solar systems was something I came up with in the 1990's when there was no internet and I didn't know who Manly P Hall was. So come on. Back then I read some spirituality books yeah, but only a few bestsellers so I'd know if I got it from there.

Really? Which moon hoax video? The only man I know who quotes me on that is James Fetzer. Was it him? However, I learned everything I know about the moon hoax from Bart Sibrel and Jarrah White. They have a ton of videos on YouTube. Sibrel is probably the best speaker on that issue. He is very articulate, passionate and makes the most sense, whereas Jarrah is kind of an aspie and goes off on tons of dry technical stuff that no one else is interested in or has the patience for. But no, I didn't come up with anything about the moon hoax on my own. I learned it all from others.

However, I did make a discovery that no one else made about a famous moon photo from 1969 that contained a big white carpet on the floor that no one else had noticed before. I was credited for the discovery on Aulis.com, a site about photographic anomalies of the Apollo missions. I posted it here before. See the other moon hoax threads. That you could say was an original discovery of mine.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Read your #1 again. You are describing cognitive dissonance.

Solar system? You mean geosystem? (I'm almost there, Adama.)

It wasn't Fetzer, it was Flat Earth Punk. I tried to copy and paste, but it didn't work. If I come across the video again I'll make a note of it.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

gsjackson wrote:
November 28th, 2017, 8:13 am
Read your #1 again. You are describing cognitive dissonance.

Solar system? You mean geosystem? (I'm almost there, Adama.)

It wasn't Fetzer, it was Flat Earth Punk. I tried to copy and paste, but it didn't work. If I come across the video again I'll make a note of it.
No. #1 was about the reason for mental illness in America due to people trying to put up a fake mask and create an artificial self that divides themselves internally from their true selves. It causes an internal schism. And of course, you are told many things in America that contradict, causing further psychological injury.

For example, America tells you you are a free individual and can do whatever you want without external control. Then when you become an adult, the corporation you work for says you have to be a team player, conformist, serve the corporation like a robot and slave, and forget your individuality. And American culture says you must keep this job or you are a loser. That causes a contradiction that short circuits Americans mentally. Kind of like how on Star Trek when Captain Kirk tells a computer or AI or robot contradictory statements and causes the machine to short circuit. lol

What does cognitive dissonance has to do with that? Cognitive dissonance is when you reject new data that contradicts what you want to believe. We all do that to some extent. No one wants to give up what they believe, especially if it gives them pride and feeds their ego. It's selective perception or rationalization.

Come on man. I don't need to explain this to you. You should already know this. What kind of game you playing?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Cognitive dissonance is when you hold contradictory concepts in mind at the same time and are unable to reconcile them. Artificial socially constructed personality + "true self" = cognitive dissonance. It doesn't necessarily involve explicit rejection of a newly introduced contradictory concept. Look up the damn definition. The two (or more) ideas have to coexist in your head at the same time.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Another testament to Winston being the most freethinking Asian. :)

viewtopic.php?style=20&p=302381#p302381
There is more than one kind of soul. Not all souls are here to "evolve." Some souls are here to play more of a background role. I think almost all Asians fall into this category, but you might be an exception Winston. You seem like you have the kind of soul that most europid men have. This is probably why you don't ever really fit in with the Chinese.

Every soul that's here has some part to play.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

gsjackson wrote:
November 28th, 2017, 11:05 am
Cognitive dissonance is when you hold contradictory concepts in mind at the same time and are unable to reconcile them. Artificial socially constructed personality + "true self" = cognitive dissonance. It doesn't necessarily involve explicit rejection of a newly introduced contradictory concept. Look up the damn definition. The two (or more) ideas have to coexist in your head at the same time.
Ok you are right. But where are the psychology publications and journals that claim that cognitive dissonance is the cause of the high rate of mental illness in America? I saw a video by Stefan Molyneux about that. But where is it mentioned by the psychology establishment or mainstream media? I definitely never seen them list this as the cause. Not in any psychology textbook.

So yes, I came up with this on my own. Then I saw that Stefan Molyneux and Michael Tsarion did too. But it's not in the textbook as the cause of America's high rate of mental illness.