Darryl Sloan vs. Winston Wu Video Debates about Various Stuff

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Re: Darryl Sloan - Deep Philosophical Rant Videos

Post by starchild5 »

Winston wrote:Yeah but look at Stefan Molyneux. He has videos that are 2 hours long and he rants on and on, with lots of banter, before getting to the point. Western white guys like to do that, especially if they think they are intellectuals. Molyneux has a lot of subscribers and a lot of popularity on YouTube. Yet he does his videos alone without any white girls. Can't I just have some Filipina interviewing me too? lol
True but Stefan Molyneux sold out long time ago because he believes 911 being done by Arab Terrorist and lot of his vidoes are anti-people and pro-elites...he also support digital currency etc

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK2pEevzhVk[/youtube]

As we can see, he got nearly 80% dislikes...people awakened to his con..They do this all the time, make a white guy popular and have a following then bring him down so that people become confused.

This guy is a fraud that's why he did not need a white girl. :D

I think Filipina would do even better...

Get a hot filipina interview you...LOOKS DO MATTER ...We need to employ Psy_op to kill Psy-Op
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I just made another video response to Darryl Sloan. See below. However, I'm not sure he can understand me or fathom my points, because I get the sense from his videos that he actually likes being narrow minded and living a one dimensional life. That's what he seems comfortable with. So if you talk to him about things outside his box, he tends to ignore them or dismiss them, no matter how valid they are. That's human nature I guess. I don't see him being the type of guy that responds to someone point by point. He tends to only respond to Christian fanatics that are easy for him to defeat. But not to stuff like mine. lol. In this video, I also invite him to Philippines and offer to show him around and help him find a partner, since he seems to have this idea that if he's single in Ireland, then that's his fate or path.

Description:
My response to Darryl Sloan's video "The misguided quest for an easy life" in which he talks about how he can easily be financially independent with a passive income, but he chooses to work instead because his job provides him with social contact, meaning and purpose. It gives him a function, whereas if he were free, he would just stay home and play video games and serve himself. However, this is a very narrow dichotomy. There are better options that one can consider, which I elaborate on and give examples of. I also explain why a life of adventure and traveling slows down time, whereas a life of routine and predictability speeds up time and creates no special or meaningful memories and experiences. I also give him some suggestions and make a personal offer to him.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PRlYSi7zac[/youtube]

Below is the video by Darryl Sloan that I am responding to.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ8nmw0Zbqg[/youtube]
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Winston wrote: I also explain why a life of adventure and traveling slows down time, whereas a life of routine and predictability speeds up time and creates no special or meaningful memories and experiences.
This line right there...is worth GOLD a million tonnes..If only my father told me this...I would not have suffered...

Man...Your son is lucky...to have a dad around...who knows his sh*t in the world...

I was doing this exact same freaking thing...Time To Pack My Bags...Without me knowing...I went to routine and time sped up very very fast...I just thought about it yesterday..time is going fast when I do routine stuff...Wow your explanation is perfect.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Darryl just posted a video response to me. But he seems to have misunderstood my points. He thinks i advocate a selfish life of hedonism and ironically he uses the social connection argument in his favor, not mine. Lol. He doesnt understand that i advocate going abroad to experience social connection, not because i am against it. This is funny. Lol.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1xRj9EDT1s[/youtube]
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
El_Caudillo
Freshman Poster

Post by El_Caudillo »

What's happening here is that you guys are speaking different languages. Firstly I think if someone was to make a video response to you - you would be happy - as you enjoy communication with other males of a similar age group and education to you. I don't think Daryl is of this type, he prefers to disseminate his knowledge to younger people - something you (and I) find trying because it uses up a lot of energy without the kind of intellectual feedback we crave. (Actually think I'm wrong about this see final paragraph.)

On Daryl's side, he's right - happier abroad is not a solution for everybody! You have to accept that, there is not a one size fits all self help movement out there. Remember there is more than one way to skin a cat...more ways to God than Jesus! Daryl is spinning a more conventional idea - find a job you love and you will be happy. Unfortunately that is only ever going to be possible for a tiny minority of people. That someone should value themselves through by their career alone is a mainstream idea which is remarkably hard to make headway against - and Daryl is pretty close to wholly backing this up. However, when he says your advice is good really for you, he is pretty much right. Although is a bit presumptive in saying that you preach a self-centered life, he is not too far off the mark. But then again, you do work Winston - you write, and people read you - that surely is more important than 90% of the other jobs going on here.

Today I went to a company here in Taipei to test some employees' English. I was with my manager and I asked him what the company did. Algorithms for internet marketing he said. Ah, I said, so there are spammers. My manager didn't look pleased at me saying that - he told me the company was expanding fast and was a good client for us....now then internet marketing - meaningful work?? The pretty Taiwanese girls working there seemed to think it was - or at least they were performing their duty to work in and office and earn a nice salary.

Hold on I just got to the end of the vid, he does appreciate it. In fact I think he was very genuine in his response - his emotions are not fake at all. I think I'll probably watch some more of his vids.
Even Billy knows that, just ask Mr S!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I posted this response in the comments section of Darryl's new video response to me:
+Darryl Sloan, thanks for your response. I will make a response soon. You seem to have misunderstood me in a few ways though. I'll elaborate on why. I never said that hedonism or living to please oneself was the best path in life. I said it was just one option. Some opt to go on a spiritual pilgrimage to India or Tibet too. Others spend their free time to write books. Or they spend their time with their kids. If they have the time that is. Passive income frees one to do what one LOVES. That's my point. Most people don't love their job as much as you do. Remember that work was not meant to be fulfilling or fun, if it was you wouldn't have to be PAID for it, you'd do it for free. Also, I go abroad to find social connection because I don't get it in America and definitely not at work in America. That's what my self-help movement is all about. I guess you haven't read my biography or About Me page, or else you'd know what I advocate. I HELP people too, like you, but in a different way. I run an online self-help movement for unhappy Americans who want to live abroad to experience a better life in 6 categories. See my site at HappierAbroad.com. I have many testimonials and have helped many people. I've even prevented suicides too and given people new hope. So I do get satisfaction out of helping people too, just in different ways. I also work everyday on my website, essays, and do many errands associated with running and improving a large site. So I stay productive as well. Like you, I value social connection as well. It's just that I go abroad for it because there are many foreign cultures that focus on social relationships, not consumerism. E.g. Cuba, Mexico, Philippines. So we have a lot more in common than you think. :) Finally, I wasn't telling you what to do with your life. I was just telling you that you have more options than you think. Because you only presented two options in your video. So I was just trying to expand your mind a bit. :) I have a lot more to say but I'll say it in the next video. One more thing, haven't you heard the saying, "No one on their death bed wishes they had spent more time at the office"? There is truth and wisdom in that saying you know. Best Regards, Winston
One more thing Darryl. Not everyone gets satisfaction or fulfillment out of doing charity work or helping others. Some try it and feel nothing. Everyone is different. Some are happier by following a hedonistic lifestyle. Some are happier by helping others. Btw, some years ago you were defending the Church of Satan. Well doesn't that Church and its Satanic Bible advocate that a life of hedonism is GOOD and the ideal path in life? You even praised it back then. Have you changed your mind about Satanism now? LOL
+Darryl Sloan, but I wasn't saying that one ought to satisfy their ego. I simply said that one should do what one LOVES. Remember the slogan of Joseph Campbell, the world mythology and comparative religion expert? It's this: "One must follow their BLISS". That's what I advocate too, following your BLISS. Not having to work a slave job FREES you up to do what you love and to follow your BLISS. That was my point. Doesn't mean it has to be pleasure. It can be a spiritual pilgrimage to India or Tibet too. It can be learning new languages. Or spending time with your kids. Or writing a book. Etc.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

El_Caudillo wrote:What's happening here is that you guys are speaking different languages. Firstly I think if someone was to make a video response to you - you would be happy - as you enjoy communication with other males of a similar age group and education to you. I don't think Daryl is of this type, he prefers to disseminate his knowledge to younger people - something you (and I) find trying because it uses up a lot of energy without the kind of intellectual feedback we crave. (Actually think I'm wrong about this see final paragraph.)

On Daryl's side, he's right - happier abroad is not a solution for everybody! You have to accept that, there is not a one size fits all self help movement out there. Remember there is more than one way to skin a cat...more ways to God than Jesus! Daryl is spinning a more conventional idea - find a job you love and you will be happy. Unfortunately that is only ever going to be possible for a tiny minority of people. That someone should value themselves through by their career alone is a mainstream idea which is remarkably hard to make headway against - and Daryl is pretty close to wholly backing this up. However, when he says your advice is good really for you, he is pretty much right. Although is a bit presumptive in saying that you preach a self-centered life, he is not too far off the mark. But then again, you do work Winston - you write, and people read you - that surely is more important than 90% of the other jobs going on here.

Today I went to a company here in Taipei to test some employees' English. I was with my manager and I asked him what the company did. Algorithms for internet marketing he said. Ah, I said, so there are spammers. My manager didn't look pleased at me saying that - he told me the company was expanding fast and was a good client for us....now then internet marketing - meaningful work?? The pretty Taiwanese girls working there seemed to think it was - or at least they were performing their duty to work in and office and earn a nice salary.

Hold on I just got to the end of the vid, he does appreciate it. In fact I think he was very genuine in his response - his emotions are not fake at all. I think I'll probably watch some more of his vids.
That's a great analysis El_Caudillo. Yes Darryl is very genuine. That's why I like him and vibe with him. He and I had a similar spiritual path. We were Christian fundamentalists who fell away and turned to agnosticism and then to pantheism. Now he is more of a nihilist though. He doesn't even believe in the human soul. But he hates Christianity and has a chip on his shoulder from it, which is obvious from his videos, whereas I still see value in it. The greatest scholars of comparative religion agree. They also believe that Christianity is not absolute literal truth but it has a lot of value and meaning in it.

There is a saying by Sir Francis Bacon: "A little philosophy turns one to atheism. But an in depth study of philosophy turns one toward religion again."

I think Darryl misunderstood me though. I wasn't saying that one should be selfish and self-centered and live for pleasure or hedonism only. I merely advocated that one should follow one's BLISS, as Joseph Campbell taught. See my long response to Darryl above in the previous post.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Darryl Sloan vs. Winston: Video Debate about Life

Post by Winston »

Check out this vampire film called "Sam Stoker" that Darryl Sloan made with the kids in the film club at his school a few years ago. It's a short 20 minute vampire film and pretty funny. I saw it a few years ago. It's pretty amusing and creative. His school finally released it on YouTube. The little Lithuanian girl that plays the vampire is adorable. Darryl himself is in it too. He plays the teacher of the class. Jamesbond will like this one too.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3iPorg2RUU[/youtube]

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

El_Caudillo,
Check out this response by Darryl Sloan to Mario, aka The Vigilant Christian, on YouTube. It's very touching. Mario admitted on his channel that he had bipolar disorder and had been living a double life as a Christian and sinner. He even cried during his admission. Darryl felt sorry for him and gave him this very touching and empathetic response. When you see it, you will feel touched. It's like a caring friend giving someone advice straight from the heart. The amazing thing in it is that Darryl seems so genuine and real, as well as caring and compassionate. It's rare to find someone this honest and true. I haven't seen anyone like that in years. When you see it, you'll know what I mean. Darryl's total authenticity shines through here and it's very touching and rare to see someone this real. It's very touching and straight from the heart. One cannot help but feel touched by this video too. See what I mean. Here it is.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EwY3RlJQFU[/youtube]

El_Caudillo
Freshman Poster

Post by El_Caudillo »

Agreed this video is fantastic, so GENUINE - wow I had to go to spell check to spell that word, I use it so seldom. Darryl seems to really understand quite a lot about mental illness.
Even Billy knows that, just ask Mr S!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Guys and El_Caudillo,
Check out Darryl Sloan's video about why he prefers being single rather than married. He brings up a lot of good philosophical and logical points, even if you don't agree that being single is better. You will still appreciate his genuineness and no-nonsense attitude and personality. He is never fake and never BSes. He never tells anyone stuff like "everything is gonna be alright as long as you believe in yourself" and all that New Age crap. He tells it like it is, very realistically, and is honest about the pros and cons of life. Even if you don't agree with his preference for being single, still you will appreciate his insights and good points about why marriage and love won't solve all your problems or make you permanently happy.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTYNk67Qq2Q[/youtube]

Also, check out this short film Darryl did in his film club with Irish kids called "Sam Stoker". It's a funny vampire story. It's amusing and entertaining, but the reason I want you to watch it is because the Irish kids in it seem different than American kids. They seem a lot more normal and wholesome, like the way kids were in the 50's and 60's. What do you all think? Notice any difference? That Lithuanian girl who plays the vampire girl is adorable too. I already embedded it above, but here's the link again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3iPorg2RUU

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Three new video responses from me to Darryl Sloan. I don't see how he can logically refute any of these. Do you? lol

Hi Darryl, here is my next response to your previous response video "Love vs the self-serving life". Here I clarify some misunderstandings you had about what I previously said and make some new points for your consideration and for your viewers as well. Here is Darryl's video that I'm responding to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1xRj9EDT1s

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0xd3J8yZEY[/youtube]

My response to Darryl Sloan's claim that the Illuminati doesn't exist. I explain the evidence and documentation that it does (which even the BBC admit to) and ask him why he made up his mind about something he knows almost nothing about, which is illogical and not the way of a good researcher or truth seeker. This is also for anyone else out there who thinks the Illuminati is a myth. Please see the references and links in the video description for proof of documentation and evidence. Here is Darryl Sloan's video where he claims the Illuminati doesn't exist and only cites one trivial reason that isn't even a valid argument: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHiaOkh4JwE

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF8TgG0BZmY[/youtube]

From watching Darryl Sloan's many videos and reading his books, it is obvious that he has a chip on his shoulder regarding Christianity. While it is understandable, here in this video I offer some suggestions and a broader way of looking at Christianity that is more mature and evolved, and which I believe will help remove his hatred for Christianity. This is also for any ex-Christian out there that has a chip on their shoulder against religion. Here are Darryl Sloan's many video rants against Christianity: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... ristianity

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwPe9K2-L4c[/youtube]

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Darryl Sloan vs. Winston Wu: Video Debates about Stuff

Post by Winston »

My new video response to Darryl Sloan about his claim that Darwinian Evolution is a fact and a given, like 2+2=4, and that the whole world ought to agree with that. And I also comment on his video response to Mario the Vigilant Christian, as well as his black and white view of selfishness vs. unselfishness.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mdy4XKB3uyg[/youtube]

starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Darryl Sloan seems good hearted but retarded at the same time :D :D

All his logic is so cliched and a big fail...I think he cannot THINK deeply.

All your points are valid but I don't think he can understand or Appreciate it.

but What I fail to understand is, Winston...why you pick on people who cannot understand you AT ALL... :lol: :lol:

Being GOOD and a THINKER is a two different things really. People who go to church are good but stupid as well...people who to Angeles city/pattaya may not be good for society but many are deep thinkers like you.

I think you are wasting your time on him. Since he is a White Guy...He will have an invisible Ego Shield...He will always think he is right...He will never appreciate or take time to think why you say like that...

The problem is ...HE HAS NOT SUFFERED ENOUGH...He is from Ireland hence had good life..He should have been born in a third world sh*t hole to understand what you saying...because your thought are VERY DEEP...only a person who has seen life CLOSE enough will understand you.

Very Few White People understand you for a reason. They are arm chair thinkers, rationalist, open minded hippies...Non judgmental kinds...They are blinded to see the other side...To understand you...People have to experience Evil
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Thanks starchild. But in my videos to him, i dont just say deep things, I mention FACTS too, like the bavarian illuminati of 1776. You dont have to be deep to understand basic facts. So why wont he accept them? Its not logical. He seems intelligent.

Did you watch all my videos to him all the way through?

I make videos to him because i can piggyback from his viewers. All his viewers will see my videos in related section while they watch his. So i piggyback off his traffic. Plus his viewers and mine are similar types of people so we have a lot in common. We are philosophical types.

Is my voice clear and easy to follow in these videos?