Dating foreign women and not having a car

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Dating foreign women and not having a car

Post by MattHanson1990 »

As we all know, if a guy doesn't have a car, then he's automatically out of the dating scene here in the US. On the other hand, many foreign women don't care if her ideal man owns a car or not. But I'm trying to find out which countries can a guy date the girls and not have a car, even though a car isn't a necessity to get around in most countries abroad. My ultimate HA destination is Latin America since I like Latina girls the most, especially mestizas, but I read this blog about Colombian girls flaking. In the comments section, one of the posters suggested to the OP of that post that having a car will drastically reduce the flake rate, and it was a Colombian girl. But I saw other posters commenting that it was mostly the fake girls in Medellin (the ones with breast implants and artificially enlarged butts) who flake out a lot. I did get on a different tangent for a moment. But I know that certainly in the Philippines, many of the women won't care if her man has a car or not. In Latin America, including Mexico, can an average American man still have plenty of dating choices and not have a car or will that severely limit his dating choices to low class girls?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Dating foreign women and not having a car

Post by Cornfed »

MattHanson1990 wrote:As we all know, if a guy doesn't have a car, then he's automatically out of the dating scene here in the US. On the other hand, many foreign women don't care if her ideal man owns a car or not. But I'm trying to find out which countries can a guy date the girls and not have a car, even though a car isn't a necessity to get around in most countries abroad.
I got the feeling that owning a car was indeed necessary in Korea. A girl who seemed to like me kept asking me when I was going to buy one. I never did so we never dated. In Cambodia a motor bike is good enough.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 12th, 2020, 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

You don't need a car to date when visiting any of the countries you've asked about. Are you planning on moving there for good, then maybe a car would be necessary. I've never had a girl ask me if I had a car. You do have a car, it's in the USA.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

WorldTraveler wrote:You don't need a car to date when visiting any of the countries you've asked about. Are you planning on moving there for good, then maybe a car would be necessary. I've never had a girl ask me if I had a car. You do have a car, it's in the USA.
The point is that if you are living in certain non-Western countries for any length of time, you do indeed need to have a car or transport to be taken to be taken seriously by many of the females there.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Cornfed wrote:
WorldTraveler wrote:You don't need a car to date when visiting any of the countries you've asked about. Are you planning on moving there for good, then maybe a car would be necessary. I've never had a girl ask me if I had a car. You do have a car, it's in the USA.
The point is that if you are living in certain non-Western countries for any length of time, you do indeed need to have a car or transport to be taken to be taken seriously by many of the females there.
Can one still take the bus or a taxi to be taken seriously by women, even for casual dates?
tjh14
Freshman Poster

Post by tjh14 »

If they want you to have a car, dump them. They're golddiggers. It is stupid to own a car in a country with a decent transportation system. Besides some guys get into heaps of trouble if they have an accident. In China, you aren't allowed to leave the country until you have settled any claims against you. If you hit a car or even worse, a pedestrian, they will claim injuries whether they have them or not and you can't run away. You will go to jail if you don't pay. I think most countries are like this. Not worth the risk.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

tjh14 wrote:If they want you to have a car, dump them. They're golddiggers.
Not necessarily. It might just be that their social set requires dating men above a minimum social status, with owning a car being a marker of that status.
tjh14
Freshman Poster

Post by tjh14 »

Well in China, that marker includes a car and a house. I suppose it's reasonable to look for men with some assets but where does that reasonableness end and gold digging begin? Hard to tell sometimes. Some Chinese guys with a car and house have taken to riding the bus on dates and telling the woman he lives with his parents so as to locate a woman whose heart is pure. I married a woman who didn't care about my wealth after many women to whom wealth was a priority. I think it's a red flag and so that was my strategy.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

tjh14 wrote:Well in China, that marker includes a car and a house. I suppose it's reasonable to look for men with some assets but where does that reasonableness end and gold digging begin?
In the case of the Korean chick that seemed interested in me, I don't think she was trying to gold dig, as she knew my income and it was probably inferior to hers. She just had to justify dating a foreigner to her friends and family, and it seems she couldn't really do so unless I owned a car.
gnosis
Freshman Poster

Post by gnosis »

tjh14 wrote:I married a woman who didn't care about my wealth after many women to whom wealth was a priority. I think it's a red flag and so that was my strategy.
She said she didn't care about your wealth, but that doesn't mean she didn't care about your wealth.

Women always marry up. There's nothing wrong with this, but that's the way life works. Let me guess: Your wife comes from the same social class you do or lower. She does not come from a higher class than you do.
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

This sounds like high school all over again, I think this is one of the biggest reasons I never had much social life.

I've never had the impression that a car was needed anywhere I traveled. My sense was that as a white American I could get a free pass where local men would be judged more critically. If you can afford a taxi that's the equivalent of a car. But I've never been anywhere long enough to try dating.

Supposing this is a real concern, I think you have two options. You can live in city where it's more common for locals to use public transit than cars. Nearly everywhere outside the US has superior public transportation. Of course this means being in metropolitan centers with more stuck up girls. The other option is you can be in the middle of nowhere, where people use a horse and buggy. I believe fschmidt mentioned some place in south east Mexico that's like this but I don't remember the name.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

drealm wrote:This sounds like high school all over again, I think this is one of the biggest reasons I never had much social life.

I've never had the impression that a car was needed anywhere I traveled. My sense was that as a white American I could get a free pass where local men would be judged more critically. If you can afford a taxi that's the equivalent of a car. But I've never been anywhere long enough to try dating.

Supposing this is a real concern, I think you have two options. You can live in city where it's more common for locals to use public transit than cars. Nearly everywhere outside the US has superior public transportation. Of course this means being in metropolitan centers with more stuck up girls. The other option is you can be in the middle of nowhere, where people use a horse and buggy. I believe fschmidt mentioned some place in south east Mexico that's like this but I don't remember the name.
In Guanajuato City, more people walk than they drive cars or take transit because it's a small city. In fact driving is not an option to get around. And this is why I would rather live there when I expatriate rather than some big metropolis like Guadalajara.
tjh14
Freshman Poster

Post by tjh14 »

Women always marry up. There's nothing wrong with this, but that's the way life works. Let me guess: Your wife comes from the same social class you do or lower. She does not come from a higher class than you do.
No, I was an English teacher without much money. She owns her own apartment and has a middle class salary. Her family has much more money than mine. There are a lot of rich Chinese now. I had a colleague who married a girl and her parents gave them a superb penthouse overlooking the river in Chongqing. He's not the only one I know who seemed to marry up. China isn't the Philippines. Lots of people have gotten rich off of rising property values. But if she doesn't have a house already, she may expect you to buy her one.
Mercury
Junior Poster

Post by Mercury »

MattHanson1990 wrote:
December 15th, 2015, 6:22 pm
As we all know, if a guy doesn't have a car, then he's automatically out of the dating scene here in the US.
More often than not, having a car alone is no good in the USA. American women want big, expensive, noisy, souped up luxury sports cars. McLarens, Ferraris, and Bentleys. Capable of zero to 100 miles an hour in 5 seconds or less, either deep, rich gold exterior paint with silver trim or iridescent paint with rich gold trim, rear view cameras, dark, tinted windows, powerful air conditioning and heating, velvet seats; something even similar to a couch or sofa on wheels. Similar even to the cars in the video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEXGD6XnXXA

In other words, a man is also out of the dating scene in America if he owns a common, garden variety vehicle such as a Jeep or an older Ford Taurus.