Latest troll attack

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Latest troll attack

Post by Cornfed »

HouseMD wrote: Paid trolls? Yeah. the Illuminati are totally paying trolls to go and harass the two dozen or so regular posters here
It is well known that governments and certain corporations do indeed hire trolls. Why should they not? A single productive troll could waste the time of dozens of dissidents, bringing about a similar result to imprisoning several of them at vastly reduced expense. Of course it is not worth their while to target all forums all the time, but they get around.
Believe it or not there's a fairly large group of us that believe that there are a good number of reasons to be happier abroad, but disagree with certain aspects of the prevailing thought around here.
You could characterize me as one of those on certain issues. No-one is saying there is anything wrong with this.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Cornfed wrote:
HouseMD wrote: Paid trolls? Yeah. the Illuminati are totally paying trolls to go and harass the two dozen or so regular posters here
It is well known that governments and certain corporations do indeed hire trolls. Why should they not? A single productive troll could waste the time of dozens of dissidents, bringing about a similar result to imprisoning several of them at vastly reduced expense. Of course it is not worth their while to target all forums all the time, but they get around.
Believe it or not there's a fairly large group of us that believe that there are a good number of reasons to be happier abroad, but disagree with certain aspects of the prevailing thought around here.
You could characterize me as one of those on certain issues. No-one is saying there is anything wrong with this.
HA isn't nearly important enough of a forum for anyone to be hiring shills. There are far, far more efficient uses of money and time if one wants to keep people oppressed or misinformed. It's like saying I could buy an ad during a Sunday football game or on late night public TV, but both will cost the same, because trolling is trolling. Obviously you pick the big game.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

HouseMD wrote:HA isn't nearly important enough of a forum for anyone to be hiring schills. There are far, far more efficient uses of money and time if one wants to keep people oppressed or misinformed. It's like saying I could buy an ad during a Sunday football game or on late night public TV, but both will cost the same, because trolling is trolling. Obviously you pick the big game.
You are simply misinformed. You would be astonished at the lengths evil Western regimes will go to to gang stalk anyone who speaks out against them, and the seemingly vindictive pettiness of it all. The average Western man is not such a spineless maggot by accident, you know. On this very forum in 2012 we experienced ASIO sleezebags staking Peter Nolan. Besides, we all know that Western regimes spend a fortune on creating pretend jobs to keep otherwise unemployable subhumans off the street. Hence, even if it were not worth their while in and of itself, why should they not have some of these scum be Internet trolls?
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Cornfed wrote:
HouseMD wrote:HA isn't nearly important enough of a forum for anyone to be hiring schills. There are far, far more efficient uses of money and time if one wants to keep people oppressed or misinformed. It's like saying I could buy an ad during a Sunday football game or on late night public TV, but both will cost the same, because trolling is trolling. Obviously you pick the big game.
You are simply misinformed. You would be astonished at the lengths evil Western regimes will go to to gang stalk anyone who speaks out against them, and the seemingly vindictive pettiness of it all. The average Western man is not such a spineless maggot by accident, you know. On this very forum in 2012 we experienced ASIO sleezebags staking Peter Nolan. Besides, we all know that Western regimes spend a fortune on creating pretend jobs to keep otherwise unemployable subhumans off the street. Hence, even if it were not worth their while in and of itself, why should they not have some of these scum be Internet trolls?
Oh right, I forgot, you turn the conspiritard up to 11.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Just as I thought, the troll attack is on. Heads up, mods.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Cornfed wrote:Just as I thought, the troll attack is on. Heads up, mods.
Right, I forgot being reasonable and well-adjusted and disagreeing with most of the conspiracy theories makes one a "troll" around here.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

I think he was referring to the latest set of weird random character posts, see the latest 100 topics page
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

droid wrote:I think he was referring to the latest set of weird random character posts, see the latest 100 topics page
That's spamming, not trolling. Totally different.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

I didn't even realize that junk was actually offering something, I thought it was just someone trying to disrupt. This happens every few weeks. I wonder what cornfed meant then.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 13th, 2020, 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Ghost wrote:We get too much spam too. I've even seen one spammer post a whole new page of threads. It sometimes looks like spamming with the intent of disrupting activity on the forum, but I don't know.
Spambots essentially function by posting an excess of threads within a forum until their accounts are deactivated by forum protocols or mods. I've never used a forum that didn't suffer from some degree of spam, but this one is particularly prone to being overwhelmed by such programs because of the low post frequency and poor infrastructure.
BlackKnight
Junior Poster

Post by BlackKnight »

HouseMD wrote:
droid wrote:I think he was referring to the latest set of weird random character posts, see the latest 100 topics page
That's spamming, not trolling. Totally different.
Mental illness is widespread on this website. The one with the robot avatar believes he's a mainframe computer :/
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Post by Blue Murder »

BlackKnight wrote:Mental illness is widespread on this website.
Agreed.
Self-improvement addict. Always striving for perfection.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

-
'Hello, I'm blackfag, an attention whore and a struggling mythomaniac,
someone please notice me!'

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 13th, 2020, 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.