Why you should NOT sacrifice your life/time for work/money

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
Winston
Site Admin

Why you should NOT sacrifice your life/time for work/money

Post by Winston »

5 Reasons You Should Not Sacrifice Your Life and Time for Work and Money

Here are some important reasons why you should NOT sacrifice most of your life and time for work and money, as society wants you to do, because its a bad deal and terrible trade:

1. Money comes and goes. But special and happy memories last forever and are priceless. Time is priceless and cannot be replaced as well, so think about that before you give up too much time for the sake of money.

2. If you think about it, the best and happiest memories of your life do NOT involve money. That should tell you something.

3. No one dying on their deathbed ever wished that they had made more money or worked more. They always wished that they had more love in their lives and better relationships. This speaks volumes.

4. If you were to travel to exotic countries with rich cultures and authentic people for the next few years, and then follow that by working in a corporate office for a few years, in a lifeless slave environment where you have to put on a fake mask everyday and be a "team player" just so you can help make a corporation rich while having a job and earning a salary, there would be no comparison. You wouldn't hesitate to say that the former is much more rich, alive, fulfilling, rewarding, special and memorable than the latter. I can guarantee it 1000 percent for sure.

Also, travel broadens the mind, and once you become more open minded and broad minded, you can never revert to being narrow minded and small minded again, which is whats necessary to fit into corporate America. This is because the broad minded person has a much more rich, fulfilling and soulful life than the small minded person does, and thus would never go back down. After all, once you see the light, you can never be content living in darkness again.

5. The Chinese ying yang symbol depicts the balance of opposites harmoniously. Yet ironically, the Chinese themselves do not follow it, and neither do the Americans or Japanese. They strive for a robotic workaholic lifestyle in which one "lives to work". And they treat work and money as if they were gods to worship and serve. Sadly, they are willing to sacrifice the majority of their life, time, energy and freedom in servitude of these "gods". It's sickening.

Such workaholic cultures definitely do NOT preach a proper balance between work and play. Rather, they are totally lopsided toward work, money and materialism. This is because the system considers money and economics to be more important than truth, wisdom, balance, harmony, happiness, love, your soul and spirit, and even life itself. It considers you to be a mere "human resource" in servitude of the economics of production and consumption. Why respect such a system that has no respect for you but merely uses and enslaves you?

Lessons and Implications:

The lesson here is that you should NOT sacrifice most of your time, your life and your energy for money. Its simply not worth it. And to do so would be a bad deal and a bad trade. Life is priceless. Time is priceless. Special memories are priceless. But money is not. Think about it.

So don't believe the societal propaganda that all that matters in life is getting a job (any job) and making money. You see, civilization is basically human factory farming and we are seen as human cattle to the elite. Thats why they want us to be productive and brainwash us to care only about money. Thats why they condition us to treat our work as a religion to be obsessed with.

The economy is basically a heartless greedy machine that enslaves people and only cares about production and consumption. It doesnt care about your soul, spirit, freedom, happiness, passion, heart or love. So why should you give away your life and power to such a soulless machine? Think about it.

Meditate on these enlightening questions:
- Whats the point of making a living if all you do is make a living and have no life of your own to live for or freedom?
- Whats the point of living to make a corporation rich rather than living for yourself?
- Why should I sacrifice the majority of my life and time for work and money, when my life and time are priceless but money is not? Isn't that a terrible deal and a bad trade?
- Whats the point of living for money when money is artificial and not part of nature or mother earth?

The entire system is obviously and purely one of manipulation and enslavement. So why sell your soul to it? It doesnt make sense if you think about it. You're basically being used as a resource by a giant parasite and monster that we call "the economy", which acts as a cancer on mother earth that desecrates and plunders the natural world. (For a great depiction of this, see the silent films "Baraka" and "Samsara", which are a MUST SEE if you haven't seen them.)

Furthermore, the economic enslavement system has made your cost of living more and more expensive every year, requiring you to earn more money and accrue more debt just to survive. Inflation has gone out of control in the last hundred years, especially in the United States. In the 20th century alone, the US dollar lost 95 percent of its value. You are clearly being oppressed. So why would you want to serve your oppressors?

So the next time someone tells you that you should get a job or that getting one is all that matters, tell them the above points.

Forward this to all your friends if you agree with it.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Re: Why work and money should NOT be a religion or life purp

Post by The_Adventurer »

1. You can have lots of time as a homeless man on the side of the street. Society has been so organised that the most ordinary person now requires an incredible amount of money just to function and live a "normal life". Obviously, not everyone needs to put 20 years of their life into building a company and doing an IPO in the hopes of retiring early. There are people who can work just enough to get the things they desire in life and then relax and enjoy it. I am sure we all know the story of the Mexican fisherman and the Wall Street investment banker.

2. The happiest moments of my life involve travel, and travel is prohibitively expensive. One of my best travel experiences was paid for by someone else, the company that first invited me to Japan and China. First class planes, five star hotels, incredible bars and restaurants. I didn't have a dime to my name, but had the time of my life. If I HAD money, I could create such amazing experiences and memories by myself, on my own terms, whenever I wanted.

3. Most of the people famous for saying that lived in a different time. They lived in an era when relationships MEANT something, when family MEANT something. When having a wife meant something. What's the point of having a bunch of time to spend with a family or in relationships that make you miserable? How do you get out of such situations? You've read Harry Brown, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World. You need MONEY.

You are right in that the system is designed as a big slave machine, and I would never advocate to anyone to go and get some job somewhere. I don't have a job. I don't want one and if I can avoid it, will never get one again. Today we live in a world where there are more opportunities than ever for people to create some type of income stream from something they actually ENJOY doing. Hell, there are people making five figures per month playing VIDEO GAMES! Can you believe that? The internet has made this possible.

We live in a different world now. We live in a world with Kickstarter, Patreon, Indie GoGo, bitcoin, Gumroad and so many other avenues to circumvent the traditional "job" path to enslavement.

There are many posts on this board about recent developments in Japan, where nearly a third of young people think jobs, marriage, family etc. are useless. In this modern world they are right, especially in big city centres like Tokyo. The financial burden far outweighs any benefits that can come from pursuing it. So they choose to work part time at Subway and spend the rest of their lives in online video games. That's not markedly different than the Mexican fisherman, except that, where he lived, he could feed his whole family working a couple of hours a day.

Maybe LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION is the answer to this quandary as well.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

This is why I do not have kids. Money and time, a family is a pit for both unless your an African American. :lol:
Time to Hide!
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

America is the epitome of a "workaholic" country. A recent study showed that Americans get the least amount of time off than any other industrialized country in the world.

Nobody on their death bed wishes they spent more time working.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 14th, 2020, 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Work can be fulfilling. Some of the best memories in my life have come about because of work. I was a biochem student in biotech boom 1.0 and working in IT during dot com boom 1.0.

I'm now back in London and applying for some interesting jobs. My current landlord also has an interesting job. It is expensive here, but such interesting jobs are more likely to be found in the world's megacities.

Also as The_Adventurer says, travel costs money, and work can fund it. I funded my 6 month trip to Thailand through work. How much fun would you have during 6 months in Thailand? Yeah, that's how much fun I had there.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why you should NOT sacrifice your life/time for work/mon

Post by Winston »

I added a new point to the list. Now there are 5 points to consider. Here is the new point:

4. If you were to travel to exotic countries with rich cultures and authentic people for the next few years, and then follow that by working in a corporate office for a few years, in a lifeless slave environment where you have to put on a fake mask everyday and be a "team player" just so you can help make a corporation rich while having a job and earning a salary, there would be no comparison. You wouldn't hesitate to say that the former is much more rich, alive, fulfilling, rewarding, special and memorable than the latter. I can guarantee it 1000 percent for sure.

Also, travel broadens the mind, and once you become more open minded and broad minded, you can never revert to being narrow minded and small minded again, which is whats necessary to fit into corporate America. This is because the broad minded person has a much more rich, fulfilling and soulful life than the small minded person does, and thus would never go back down. After all, once you see the light, you can never be content living in darkness again.

I also added this question for you to meditate on:

- Why should I sacrifice the majority of my life and time for work and money, when my life and time are priceless but money is not? Isn't that a terrible deal and a bad trade?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 11th, 2020, 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Going abroad and coming back can boost your career. Benefits from my travels are:

1. Living in China - that's an interesting thing to have on a resume!
2. I'm terrible at languages but if you were to pick up Mandarin or some other language then that's a bonus.
3. Doing the CELTA has hugely increased my confidence and I'm performing much better at job interviews.

Whatever you did abroad, just write some kind of success story.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

Most people that preach that money is not important already have money. Just try having a good life without money. Even though these “location independent entrepreneurs” preach blog your way to wealth or start a drop shipping business, 90% do not make their money this way. All throughout history many writers and artist were from wealthy families. Unfortunately today these same wanna be writers have family wealth too. Now it's not cool to say this so they are all location independent entrepreneurs. I have contacted many of these people to find out how they do it and not one could tell me anything actionable.
Winston wrote: 2. If you think about it, the best and happiest memories of your life do NOT involve money. That should tell you something.
This statement is half true. Do my happiest memories involve money? You don't need to work to buy stupid luxury items, but in many ways yes, they do involve money. I love travel and women. You can't travel and you can't date women unless you have some money. So money is important. One thing for sure is that if you don't have any money, you probably won't be happy. The important thing about happiness is to use your money wisely so that you can do what makes you happy. :D
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

You miss the point. Sure money helps and is important. But the point is that sacrificing the majority of your time and life for money makes no sense. But thats what society wants you to do.

Money is not based on anything real either. The federal reserve creates it out of thin air and big banks can create money into their computers with their keyboards only just by typing numbers. Why give away most of your life to something with no real existence? Its all a control system.

IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Post by IraqVet2003 »

Winston, I agree with you on this topic along with H.A. poster Jamesbond 100%!!!! But as you have said Winston in your E-book "Happier Abroad" , "AMERICA IS STRICTLY BUILT FOR BUSINESS AND WORKAHOLICS" not living life!!! Also, from what I understand the United States is the only industrialized nation were it's citizens don't have mandatory vacation time, paid, or parental leave. Were as in most of Europe ( such as France, Germany, Italy, etc.) their citizens get to enjoy at least 6 weeks off or more. At best, in America if your employed by a major corporation you could get two weeks off per year after putting in some time with them (policies vary with each employer). In addition, if you are employed by the government as a civil service worker (federal or state) you can also get most holidays off ( or paid overtime for working on those days). Personally, I don't think that out of 365 days/52 weeks of the year (weekends and holidays aside) that a mere two to three weeks in enough time to really enjoy time away from work to go to travel outside the U.S., or to head for the beach, lake, mountains, etc.

But Winston, we must also remember start of the U.S. in the industrial age in order to understand today's workplace. After all it was the Rockefeller's, Morgan's, Vanderbilt, Ford, and Carnegie that are considered the founding fathers' of "Modern America" ( just as Washington, Jefferson, Franklin, Adams were of Early America). About a century ago,it was these Robber Barrons of the "Gilded Age" that had set up the factory work system, America's public education system, and the FEDERAL RESERVE (including Rockefeller, J.P. Morgan, Warburg who hatched the idea at Jekyll Island, Georgia in 1910). It was not uncommon in those days that people (including children) worked 12-14 hour days with very little pay and in unsafe conditions. While these "captains of industry" had made massive fortunes from which they would build monopolies (railroads, steel, oil, banking, etc.). And it wasn't until after a lot of strikes by workers, the creation of unions, and federal involvement that these abuse practices were stopped by instituting the 40hr work week, child-labor laws, and enacting safety standards (OSHA). I would encourage people to watch the documentary series by the History Channel; "THE MEN WHO BUILT AMERICA-America Wasn't Discovered. It Was Built."

While I understand people must work ( unless they are INDENPENTLY WEALTHY) in order to paid the bills, to support themselves and/or their families, however, I believe there must also be a WORK-LIFE BALANCE in which employers must allow folks "time to smell the roses". The "rat race" and the "keep up with the Jones" mentality is what I think contributes to many of the problems that adversely affect America's mental and physical health such as stress, anxiety, depression, heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, cancer, etc. Plus, what would those super ambitious people do then when these work positions are lost due to downsizing, outsourcing jobs overseas, H-1B visa holders from Asia, automation, etc. ??!! It seems to me the only ones truly benefiting from this wage-slave system and crony capitalism are BIG BUISNESS (increased profits) and BIG GOVERNMENT ( more tax revenue).

P.S. I recommend that everyone check out two of Michael Moore's films related to this subject on http://www.youtube.com

"SICKO" and "CAPITALISM: A LOVE STORY"
Last edited by IraqVet2003 on July 27th, 2015, 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

I realize now that I should have been eating rice and beans instead of restaurant food. I should have been driving a clunker to save money, even though it sucks. Now I even try to drive around the tolls on the highway. I figure now that I should live frugally. You know, as if I was born into a different tribe. Just imagine how much the Scottish save their money. I hear they are very frugal people. I just imagine I'm a penny pinching Scot. I hear they are hard workers too. Hats off to you, Uncle McScrooge. Oh yeah, and cable TV and cell phones. Those two combined are the biggest waste of money.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:You miss the point. Sure money helps and is important. But the point is that sacrificing the majority of your time and life for money makes no sense. But thats what society wants you to do.

Money is not based on anything real either. The federal reserve creates it out of thin air and big banks can create money into their computers with their keyboards only just by typing numbers. Why give away most of your life to something with no real existence? Its all a control system.
Its not money which is important but rather what money can buy. If you have a chance to earn big bucks for a period of your life, it's worth doing. You can create a longer term plan to exit after a certain goal is reached. Without money, your life abroad will be hell, even worse than home in USA where at least you will get food stamps and medical care. I've seen white guys living on the streets in Bangkok and even Metro Manila. It's an awful existence.

If you can through any honest means, make big bucks for 5, 10, or even 15 years, save, invest, and get to point where you can establish decent passive incomes. Even if you don't have enough passive income to live on in your target country, it can take of some of the pressure to work. Some people do the work in rich country a few months then live it up in cheap fun country for awhile, rinse and repeat on and on. It can work for quite awhile. But remember, eventually you will get older, more tired, more in need of healthcare, etc. So if you don't prepare for longer term, you could eventually run into problems.