Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar!

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       Mobile Theme       Dark Theme

Cost of living around the world

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

FuzzX
Freshman Poster

Cost of living around the world

Post by FuzzX » March 30th, 2010, 4:08 pm

Ok I thought I would create a thread that I really think should be a sticky here.

We need one solid thread that shows the average rent for a 2 bedroom apartment in every country in the world followed by links to sites... I think that would be extremely handy to be able to look up.

MEXICO:
----------
I can tell you for Mexico you can rent a 2 bedroom town house in Guadalajara for between 300 and 350 per month. In Toluca, Mexico you can get the same thing for $150 to $200 and in Puerto Vallarta I've rented a 3 bedroom apartment behind walmart for $300 per month. Food cost me between 30 and 60 dollars per month to stock my refridgerator full.

KOREA:
---------
In Korea I had a tiny little closet of an apartment for $1000 per month The prices of grocercies in Korea match those found here in Canada.

JAPAN:
--------
In Japan I paid $700 for a crap 2 bedroom apartment. Food was twice or three times the amount here in Canada... the only cheap thing you could eat was ramen noodles...blech.

BRAZIL:
---------
In Brazil I rented a small 1 bedroom apartment for $700 but I know that I was getting a bad deal because I've seen rents quite a bit cheaper. Brazil the food is very good and is about half the cost of living in Canada.

Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!