Ukrainian woman relates to our view of America!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Winston
Site Admin

Ukrainian woman relates to our view of America!

Post by Winston »

Check out this letter I got from a Ukrainian woman who agrees with our view of America. It's rare to see a female agreeing with us!
Hi!

I just read your story in "about me". I really enjoyed it! I'm a young woman from Ukraine, I moved to the US about 13 years ago.

What you wrote is mostly what I though American guys must feel... As soon as I acclimated and learned the language (when I moved i went to middle school), I started seeing the tremendeous differences between Ukraine and America.

At first, the only people nice to me were black girls. And in Indiana there weren't a lot of them. And also some overweight white girls. Basically, few people overlooked my accent and tried to help me and befriend me. Then there were of course the guys hitting on me in high school, but i knew all they wanted it sex so i didn't really pay attention to them. ( i wanted either a real relationship or nothing at all - i was brought up that way).
Anyway, i don't wanna get into the details too much, I'm not sure if you will get this email.
My point i that i felt that most people here were "under a fog" with a few heads sticking out. Those that stuck out were really different, more intelligent, open minded... it's hard to describe, but they seemed more "russian" or whatever. More present.

So i definitely felt what you are describing, but the other way around (i came from a country of opennes and connections to this country). so anyway, thank you for describing your experiences in such intimate details, not everyone could've done that.

In russia/ukraine, men and women are treated by their actions, thoughts, how interesting they are, if they are good at parties, etc... not just looks and stigma. Women want guys like you, guys who really want a relationship and treat their girlfriends/wives with love and attention (unlike many russian men, spoiled by attractive women all around, many are cold and distant as husbands, and expect their wives to slave away in the kitchen). You appreciate beauty and what you've got. that's what men are supposed to be like. always wanting their wife, happy to walk around with her.. etc.

aalthough i have some feminist tendencies (probably a rebellion to how I was brough up, my beautiful mom working at work , with children and in the kitchen, and my dad only working and expecting mom to take care of everything).
but I do agree with your view of "that's how women should be". Even by nature, they are supposed to need men, be vulnurable... it's great to be strong in many fields of life.. but in the man-woman relationship the man should be the strong one.

Anyway, write me back if you want to chat, I have to go back to work.

thanks again, your website was very informative, open and true to life.

bye,
Ludmila
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Yeah, it is nice to know she agrees with you. The thing that surprises these people about the US is how reserved the people are and how un-open. And how intolerant and nationalistic above that. And it should not be that way. It should be the other way around- these ex Soviet people are supposed to be dour and dull and reserved and chauvinistic while an American is supposed to be this Patrick Swayze type ( may God rest his soul) and also the US is supposed to be so culturally open, but it is not. Anything non Anglo is immediately rejected except for culinary and sometimes sexual items . In reality everything turns out to be exactly the opposite. So, where does this image of openness come from? I mean , Ok the movies are like that but how did it get into the movies to begin with?

It was funny that when I was in Saudi with a bunch of Brits they would always refer to me as "this typical friendly Yank". I never told them what country I was from originally.

To be fair, Ukraine is a country that consists of two nations- the Easterners and the Westerners. Western Ukrainians are not open at all. I was born there and I left precisely because of that. They are almost Nazi-like there. Note that there are almost no Western Ukrainian girls advertising on any agencies anywhere looking for bf's. I hardly ever saw one. Those people in the West would be similar to Germans/Swiss and they were the first batch of Ukraine immigrants to North America. They never ever complained of the "closed-ness" of the people in the USA. The girl must be from the East.

Just wondering if she will have the guts to become a PT like us.
Last edited by ladislav on February 4th, 2010, 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
puresalvation
Freshman Poster

Post by puresalvation »

I think Ladislav that the UK and the US have lied to alot of people about things in general. It's all that properganda stuff from the cold war.

I think it's the American and the British societies that are the closed and the most tightly controlled societies. Alot of Uk/US women would rather this site be closed down and the truth hidden from everyone. These UK/US women are panicking and panicking bigtime.

I am glad we have some support in the shape of an Ukrainian woman, Brilliant, made my day.

Thanks for putting this up Winston.

Regards.

Pure.
Just find me a proper broardminded Dominant Russian or East European woman lol!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Ukraine is never ever shown like this on any Anglo TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-3CIBHI ... onse_watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxQWyoxx7M8&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mt7kvhRIvVs&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ryux6_3f ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwG86cl_Dtc&NR=1

I guess she went to the US to get education/jobs, etc. Good for her. Well, I hope she will still be able to combine the US with a few other countries including her own.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

When you see an American made movie or tv show, it usually shows Americans to be open and friendly. Hell, I was just watching a movie tonight and in the movie these hot lookings girls need dates to a party, so they start talking to guys in retail stores and ASKING THE GUYS if they would go with them to this party! WTF? That never happens in real life! Has a woman in the US ever approached you and asked you out? No, they don't even make eye contact with men let alone talk to men. What you see in US made movies is NOT reality at all!

Hollywood makes it look like the women in the US are just so friendly and open and will even approach men sometimes! Boy that's a laugh, even the fat chicks and ugly chicks don't show interest in men in America (unless the guy is a celebrity). In real life women in America are stiff, untight, unfriendly, anti-social and only meet guys through their friends. Why don't we see this in American movies and tv shows? I wish Hollywood would make a movie showing what life is really like for men in America! :D

ImageImageImageImageImage
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

jamesbond wrote: Has a woman in the US ever approached you and asked you out?
Well yes, but it's always some psycho/weirdo chick.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

So you see Ladislav, it's not all about how people treat you that affects your view of things. The Ukrainian girl above got hit on and probably was treated like an attractive girl, but that doesn't mean that she's going to love the US and be happy there. If she has a clear mind that is not polluted with propaganda, she will still see the dysfunctional anti-social US for what it is, regardless of how she is treated or wanted. Some things are just obvious, it's just a matter of admitting to it.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Hero wrote:
The fat, desperate ones, or the ones planning ahead to rip you off in child support cause you'll have an above average income. (>$55,000 USD)

It'd never be because the man is handsome.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

ladislav wrote:Yeah, it is nice to know she agrees with you. The thing that surprises these people about the US is how reserved the people are and how un-open. And how intolerant and nationalistic above that. And it should not be that way. It should be the other way around- these ex Soviet people are supposed to be dour and dull and reserved and chauvinistic while an American is supposed to be this Patrick Swayze type ( may God rest his soul) and also the US is supposed to be so culturally open, but it is not. Anything non Anglo is immediately rejected except for culinary and sometimes sexual items . In reality everything turns out to be exactly the opposite. So, where does this image of openness come from? I mean , Ok the movies are like that but how did it get into the movies to begin with?
This is easily explainable when you realize film is essentially escapism or shows reality in a way that reflects the dreams or reality of the writer and director only. You can tell a lot about a country by what kind of movies and music they like. The Thai mainstream likes sugary pop music and plastic looking models. Popular movies tend to have basic themes simply because Thai people do not dwell too much on heavy emotions or angst like you would in the west.

On the other hand in the U.S. angst laden themes are common because people experience it daily and have no way to release it except through the eyes of other people. Violence and angry drama is also a very common theme..just look at films like No Country for Old Men or There Will Be Blood. In a way the anger and tension is something some Americans thrive on because it's the only passion some people will feel in their daily lives.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Repatriate wrote:
ladislav wrote:Yeah, it is nice to know she agrees with you. The thing that surprises these people about the US is how reserved the people are and how un-open. And how intolerant and nationalistic above that. And it should not be that way. It should be the other way around- these ex Soviet people are supposed to be dour and dull and reserved and chauvinistic while an American is supposed to be this Patrick Swayze type ( may God rest his soul) and also the US is supposed to be so culturally open, but it is not. Anything non Anglo is immediately rejected except for culinary and sometimes sexual items . In reality everything turns out to be exactly the opposite. So, where does this image of openness come from? I mean , Ok the movies are like that but how did it get into the movies to begin with?
This is easily explainable when you realize film is essentially escapism or shows reality in a way that reflects the dreams or reality of the writer and director only. You can tell a lot about a country by what kind of movies and music they like. The Thai mainstream likes sugary pop music and plastic looking models. Popular movies tend to have basic themes simply because Thai people do not dwell too much on heavy emotions or angst like you would in the west.

On the other hand in the U.S. angst laden themes are common because people experience it daily and have no way to release it except through the eyes of other people. Violence and angry drama is also a very common theme..just look at films like No Country for Old Men or There Will Be Blood. In a way the anger and tension is something some Americans thrive on because it's the only passion some people will feel in their daily lives.
Yes I agree with you. When people can't release their emotions personally, they find other means to do so.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

ladislav wrote:Ukraine is never ever shown like this on any Anglo TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-3CIBHI ... onse_watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxQWyoxx7M8&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mt7kvhRIvVs&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ryux6_3f ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwG86cl_Dtc&NR=1

I guess she went to the US to get education/jobs, etc. Good for her. Well, I hope she will still be able to combine the US with a few other countries including her own.
I find that Olympics are a good way to size up nations against one another as you see the various nations in a short period of time in the opening ceremony.

Pairs Ice Skating shows the body language and body morphology of the different nations. Look at the Japanese and Chinese pair and then the ones from the USA and the difference is immediately noticable.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Insidious wrote:
Hero wrote:
The fat, desperate ones, or the ones planning ahead to rip you off in child support cause you'll have an above average income. (>$55,000 USD)
LOL, you think it's enough to have an above average income? I make $59K per year, not counting bonuses, and that's nowhere near enough to lure an American woman.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Hero wrote:
Insidious wrote:
Hero wrote:
LOL, you think it's enough to have an above average income? I make $59K per year, not counting bonuses, and that's nowhere near enough to lure an American woman.
You just havent met the right girl yet because you're trying to hard. Every dog has his day. It's just a number's game.