New banners and header graphics for HA - What do you all think?

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Winston wrote:Ok I put the new banner at the top of our Facebook group and Blog. How does it look?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/86597977757/

http://blog.happierabroad.com
I made this for the homepage. Yes I can add a plane.

and there were a few other small out of date graphics I was going to update.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Updated Banners -

For the homepage: Image

For Facebook: Image
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ok I'll put it on the home page too. But I will have to test and see if it fits on the home page first. It might be too tall. I mean the height might be too much. Can you increase the length and width of the banner for the home page?

Thanks for putting the plane image in there. What is that thing in the lower right corner? It looks like some buttons.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Winston wrote:Ok I'll put it on the home page too. But I will have to test and see if it fits on the home page first. It might be too tall. I mean the height might be too much. Can you increase the length and width of the banner for the home page?

Thanks for putting the plane image in there. What is that thing in the lower right corner? It looks like some buttons.
No it's fine I measured your old collage this is the same width and height. Just put it on.

Those are euros, should I take them out?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Eurobrat,
One more thing. The home page banner has the plane touching the H and is too close to the trees. Can you make the plane smaller and move it farther from the H?

Also, what are those yellow circles near the passport? They look strange. Maybe take them out or replace them with something better.

And what is that white space near the passport?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

eurobrat wrote:
Winston wrote:Ok I'll put it on the home page too. But I will have to test and see if it fits on the home page first. It might be too tall. I mean the height might be too much. Can you increase the length and width of the banner for the home page?

No it's fine I measured your old collage this is the same width and height. Just put it on.

But that collage was too big already. Banners shouldn't be too big. The thing is, I need room to put a subtitle under the banner too. That's why it's better to widen the width of the banner if you can. Also, in a wider version, you can show more scenery and sites.

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Winston wrote:
eurobrat wrote:

But that collage was too big already. Banners shouldn't be too big. The thing is, I need room to put a subtitle under the banner too. That's why it's better to widen the width of the banner if you can. Also, in a wider version, you can show more scenery and sites.
Just try it and let me see it.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ok but another thing is that the home page banner has the plane touching the H and is too close to the trees. Can you make the plane smaller and move it farther from the H?

Also, what are those yellow circles near the passport? They look strange. Maybe take them out or replace them with something better.

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Winston wrote:Ok but another thing is that the home page banner has the plane touching the H and is too close to the trees. Can you make the plane smaller and move it farther from the H?

I put the plane there on purpose because it gives the image depth and makes it look interesting. I think the plane looks good, but I changed it anyway. I changed the passport out to another one. Honestly I like the plane bigger and more surreal looking.

So hows this look:
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

That's better, but now the plane is too small. Can you make it a little bigger and just move it closer to the top left corner? That way, it won't be so close to the trees. And it will signify the concept of "flying there".

Also, what is that white space to the left of the passport? Maybe you can put images of passport stamps or postcards or foreign coins?

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Winston wrote:That's better, but now the plane is too small. Can you make it a little bigger and just move it closer to the top left corner? That way, it won't be so close to the trees. And it will signify the concept of "flying there".

Also, what is that white space to the left of the passport? Maybe you can put images of passport stamps or postcards or foreign coins?
The planes fine, it's landing. I can change the passport and add some stuff. Right now there's open passport with stamps but it's too small to see maybe foreign coins is a good idea.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

The plane is important. It is a symbol of going overseas. But it's hard to see in that banner. Can you make it a little bigger and slide it to the left slightly?

For the home page, since I need the banner longer in width, I can just add some exotic photos to the left and right of it.

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Winston wrote:The plane is important. It is a symbol of going overseas. But it's hard to see in that banner. Can you make it a little bigger and slide it to the left slightly?

For the home page, since I need the banner longer in width, I can just add some exotic photos to the left and right of it.
How much larger? Give me dimensions, no do not just add to the sides like that you will ruin the clean look. I
moved the plane.

Message me on skype.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Maybe make the plane 10 percent larger? Just a little bit, then move it to the left a little to give it more breathing room. That's all. Then it will be done.

I have too many windows and programs open on my mini-laptop now and don't have enough memory to open Skype. :P

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »